Statue Obi-Wan Kenobi Mythos Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi guys!

Does anybody have a picture of him still in the box? Im in the process of packing him up to deliver it to a buyer. Im having a hard time putinh him back in the box. I forgot how it was positioned in the box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Check out post #1486 on page 149 and post #1718 on page 172 of this thread.

Hi everyone... like many others, I decided far too late that I'd like to have this statue. The waitlist is still open, and I just reserved a spot yesterday. Do I have a prayer in hell of having this waitlist convert?

Hi everyone... like many others, I decided far too late that I'd like to have this statue. The waitlist is still open, and I just reserved a spot yesterday. Do I have a prayer in hell of having this waitlist convert?

It's always possible. It's still not planned to ship for a while, so my guess is yes.

I got in the WL on june 3 after all the european retailers cancelled pre-orders, if mine (by some mitacle) converts I'll let you know.

I got in the WL on june 3 after all the european retailers cancelled pre-orders, if mine (by some mitacle) converts I'll let you know.

Sweet! Thanks, keep me posted. 18 months ago I made a conscious decision to pass on this statue and now I'm livin' in regretsville.

With the secondary price of him jumping back up after the restock/preorder ended I'd guess anyone not planning on keeping him, will opt to flip rather than cancel.

What's the going rate for one now on the market?

I gave in a month ago and bought one for $700 + shipping (A pain in the ass not living in the states), The european retailers failed me and I lost all faith on my WL converting...I still have my NRD at lacitedenuanges.be and I haven't received a cancellation email from them yet, so if my preordered goes through with them I´ll probably give it (I´ll just ask for the NRD I payed) to some lucky european bastard :hi5:

Ah ok thanks for letting me know, was just curious as it seems to be treated like a grail on the market ha

Ah ok thanks for letting me know, was just curious as it seems to be treated like a grail on the market ha

Well for me personally i wasn't a collector yet and had some interest but not a whole lot. Everything on sideshow seemed kinda pricey. I had poked around their site for a few days and was about to just shrug it off and say meh to the idea, didn't see anything that interested me a ton. I was looking at the star-wars section and saw a link and tiny pic of Obi Mythos and saw the price tag at 350 bucks. I chuckled to myself thinking yet another overpriced statue that i'll never get. I was about to close the link but said to myself 'may as well check it out see what all the fuss is about'.

The photo loaded and insistently i new that was it. This was the statue i was looking for, this single piece is the entire reason I became a collector. I saw it as unique even within all the other statues on this website. It wasn't just a Obi statue. It was a piece of story telling all told though the sculpt alone. His battered clothing, accumulated weapons and the grim look on his face. There were other Mythos statues but they felt unnecessary. Obi was on a separate level and an easy stand alone piece.

At least for me it moved in a way all the other statues somehow didn't. It cost me 450 with import fees but it felt like it was worth so much more then that. Perhaps others feel the same giving that they are selling for $800 and honestly 800 does feel like a fair price to me.

This will always be my personal grail although it'll probably be the same for others. This one will always have a special spot in my collection.

Pretty much everyone who sees my collection likes Obi-Wan the best... It's a very detailed out statue and was a steal at $350...

Back