Statue Obi-Wan Kenobi Mythos Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They still haven't fixed the size of the lightsaber and it doesn't like up which takes away from the piece, other than the price and the two other issues the piece is great.

The likeness is great IMO. I don't know how you can't see it. So, is there a regular version of this? Not sure if it's already been discussed. Also, is this thing only being sold through SSC and not through any 3rd party retailers? Apologies if these questions have been answered a million times before and I'm just late to the party.

yep so far just from SS directly .. thats the exclusive..

What???????
Maul was 250, and they pull thgis one out, at 350?????
People - Vote with your wallets! Otherwise, before you know it, Vader will be 450!

As far as I'm concerned, Sideshow can get a big jar of petroleum jelly, smear it all over this piece, lube it up real good, and shove it.

well thats kind of what I was trying to say before I got stoned here.. SSC will go as far as you let them...

never the less.. its just an awesome piece for sure..and I hope that Obiwan is because of his details the top price of this line and it will go down with the rest of the line

They still haven't fixed the size of the lightsaber and it doesn't like up which takes away from the piece, other than the price and the two other issues the piece is great.

Lightsaber looks fine and we don't need this to light up. That would actually take away from this statue.

Jesus christ people, if you think Maul is up to par on complexity of the sculpt compared to Obi-Wan you should not be collecting.

The price is justified. It is not like Darth Maul sold out so they are price gouging. I am sure this price was planned from the beginning.

doubt I will even display him with the lightsaber. Wondering through the desert, downtrodden and in a way defeated just fits this piece.

Vader is a must for me as well and then possibly Boba Fett but it depends on price. After that I am done.

I was 50/50 on Vader until I saw it at comic-con. Then it became a must order. I won't be done but I'll only get something if I am blown away. Too many lotr and the hobbit items to get.

I agree, Josh, I don't think we need a light up feature on this one.

At one time I thought it would be neat to have but have since changed my mind after looking at the full reveal.

It works on pf's but statues like this it just doesn't. What does work big time is how they did the Vader was awesome (Sauron was the same way for me).

Lightsaber looks fine and we don't need this to light up. That would actually take away from this statue.

No the lightsaber does not look fine, it's even smaller than Anakin's and Qui's lightsabers right next to it, it's too thin.

No the lightsaber does not look fine, it's even smaller than Anakin's and Qui's lightsabers right next to it, it's too thin.

Not in person I don't think it looks that way. At least I didn't think so but everyone's mileage may very.

Jesus christ people, if you think Maul is up to par on complexity of the sculpt compared to Obi-Wan you should not be collecting.

The price is justified. It is not like Darth Maul sold out so they are price gouging. I am sure this price was planned from the beginning.

I'm pretty sure about this also.

doubt I will even display him with the lightsaber. Wondering through the desert, downtrodden and in a way defeated just fits this piece.

Ditto. Uncle Owen's description of Ben come to mind when I look at this piece..."That old man is just a crazy old wizard..."

It works on pf's but statues like this it just doesn't. What does work big time is how they did the Vader was awesome (Sauron was the same way for me).

I'm so stoked and ready for Vader to go up for PO. :yess: :rock

Vader looks epic - love the idea of him staring at his facemask, as if he's staring at himself wondering what he has become. If they can hold these to a high quality standard (proven they can by LOTR) then all of these will be fantastic pieces for any collection.

I may b&tc* about the price now and again, but these are off to a great start IMO.

This will be a relatively smaller ES probably because of the very expensive price. That's the price of a PF! Great sculpt so can't complain about that, but this overpriced piece is probably a nail in the collecting addiction for this year. I guess it's a harbinger that most future pieces will go up in price and with the NRD, I'm beginning to find collecting less fun than usual. Not getting that overpriced 1/4 hot toys batman either.

Last edited:
Back