Obi Wan Kenobi, LSB

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It looks more like an 80 year old Ewan McGregor than a 70 year old Alec Guinness..

That's it. It does look more like Ewan than Alec. I'm not digging it which is sad because I realyl wanted this to be done well. On to Maul.

I think that the curve slicing through the torso worked more successfully with the Cody LSB than with this one. It's a bit too drastic here.

I can see what people are saying about the likeness to McGregor, but I still think it's very clearly a Guinness Obi-Wan.

Is that the standard we're going for now?

Let be honest, perfect likeness in a statue is a pipe dream. Even the figures and busts with the best likenesses are still a far reach from being perfect. Even the Obi-wan 1/6 can be custom painted and improved upon. If we were searching for perfect likeness, our collections would be empty.

Also, I see what your leaning towards by saying the 1/4 is more stylized. I don't have a problem with the PF, but that does not take away from the fact that the likeness is far off...

For those unaware, here is the Howard S bust in it's raw form.

ObiWan5.jpg

Meh. I prefer the Sideshow sculpt.

The skin tone looks too pale, the beard (and possibly jawline) should be more squared off, his moustache should be more straight, the hair on top of his head should be alittle more thinned and maybe pulled back alittle more, and the eyes don't look right. Plus, I'm not too crazy about how little actual material is on this one. I know that busts can have this sort of artistic look, but I feel like it lacks some weight.

I'm hugely disappointed, as this was a piece I was really hoping would turn out great or at least passable. As it is, I won't be picking up this one.

Last edited:
Human sculpts just won't look right unless made with a 3D scan, and even then, I've seen those go wrong. Since it's not possible with Sir Alec Guinness, I don't know why they even bother.

i love lsb as its easier to collect larger groups. i just cant afford to buy a ton of life size busts. and its easier to display them, as i like to display groups together. that being said i did not like the concepts when first shown. i like the cody bust a lot and would love to see more clone commanders. but the concept sketches didnt do it for me. that being said i really like this bust and ordered it.

i will admit though that i lost a lot of my vision when i was injured in afghanistan, that being said i dont see to much wrong with the likeness. its either fne by me or i cant see the details good enough in the pics to see the issues. either way im happy with it. even though i would have prefered other charcaters before this as long as we continue to get more characters from this line i will be happy

The very first images I seen of this I immediately thought that the likeness was way off. I do see Alec Guiness in it but it just isn't close to being close. I see from reading these posts that I wasn't the only one. This is an easy pass for me and I hope the future sculpts are better. This is really a disappointing effort from Sideshow.

So I watched the SSC behind the scenes video on this bust and I think the photos make the likeness look off. In the video the likeness came through more. I think this will work better in person.

Sir%20Alec%20Guinness.jpg

....................................BEST..................................................................BETTER....................................................................GOOD
7141_press03-001.jpg
200024_press02-001.jpg
2114_press05-001.jpg

Back