Nycc 2015 photo catch all

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah. I have heard it before actually. I commented about it in the other thread that brought it up(the club).

It's becuase of the recent reorganization of Marvel. It used to be the movies and tv shows all fell under marvel entertainments ceo Ike Perlmuter. But he and Keven Fiege disagreed and Ike often over ruled Kevin on the movie stuff becuase of money(Ike is a penny pincher). So Disney split Marvel studios off into its own division that is answerable to Disney CEO only. So Ike is no longer Kevin's boss. BUT Ike still controls the TV side. So daredevil and Luke cage and Agents of Shield ect are all his. Becuase AoS is focusing so close on inhumans and Ike no longer has control over the films..that's where the rumor springs from. I had heard awhile back that this was one of the issues between Kevin and Ike. It was only an industry rumor so I didn't pay it much attention. But...given the split any things possible now. Depends on how inhumans is received on the show and where the show takes it. If they start to diverge from the MCU story lines..

I wouldn't put any more stock in this then anything else. It's some guys opinion, and his justification is that marvel hasn't said anything. Which is true. But they also denied an Antman sequel would be coming in phase three(only so many slots hey said) but officially announced it yesterday. Using the success and story lines of the show to illustrate it's still coming also completely misses the mark. The issue was never over just the show. But who is in control. And it used to be one person over everything. And that is now not the case. Marvel TV and Marvel Movies are now essentially run by two seperate companies. That will change things. How much remains to be seen. I wouldn't just dismiss the rumors. But I wouldn't say they are set in stone either. To early.

Yeah. I have heard it before actually. I commented about it in the other thread that brought it up(the club).

It's becuase of the recent reorganization of Marvel. It used to be the movies and tv shows all fell under marvel entertainments ceo Ike Perlmuter. But he and Keven Fiege disagreed and Ike often over ruled Kevin on the movie stuff becuase of money(Ike is a penny pincher). So Disney split Marvel studios off into its own division that is answerable to Disney CEO only. So Ike is no longer Kevin's boss. BUT Ike still controls the TV side. So daredevil and Luke cage and Agents of Shield ect are all his. Becuase AoS is focusing so close on inhumans and Ike no longer has control over the films..that's where the rumor springs from. I had heard awhile back that this was one of the issues between Kevin and Ike. It was only an industry rumor so I didn't pay it much attention. But...given the split any things possible now. Depends on how inhumans is received on the show and where the show takes it. If they start to diverge from the MCU story lines..

I'd be interested in seeing a comprehensive list of Feige's decisions for the MCU vs Perlmutter's to get some idea of who handles things better, but I doubt it exists. I just hope this means we don't get any more disjointed rambling messes of films like Age of Ultron...

I'd be interested in seeing a comprehensive list of Feige's decisions for the MCU vs Perlmutter's to get some idea of who handles things better, but I doubt it exists. I just hope this means we don't get any more disjointed rambling messes of films like Age of Ultron...

Yeah there's nothing like that. Also, each films director has a large amount of influence as well. As does the editing/editors. And there was a "creative committee" back then as well.

And I liked Aou. And given it made a boat load of money, marvel and any studio would take that every time out. Lol

Yeah there's nothing like that. Also, each films director has a large amount of influence as well. As does the editing/editors. And there was a "creative committee" back then as well.

And I liked Aou. And given it made a boat load of money, marvel and any studio would take that every time out. Lol

AoU actually made me appreciate the first Avengers film a lot more, it's a much more elegant and streamlined effort by comparison. Still, as long as we get toys I suppose that's all that really matters :lol

I wonder if Perlmutter had anything to do with Cap 3 becoming Civil War? I'll reserve judgment until I've seen it but I liked the sound of it being the 'Cap searching for Bucky' story arc better...

Perlmuter didn't want RDJ to have a big role (or other avengers) becuase he didn't want to have to pay him. So I do not think perlmutter had much to do with it going its current route.

I am not sure having it just be Cap and Falcon searching for Bucky would be a good route at this stage. Given all the backstory and what's coming. They have to address Bucky killing the Starks and Tony's reaction. Clean up some of the phase 2 loose ends before infinity war..and given that there is no iron man 4 before infinity war..going the civil war route makes sense.

I'd prefer a stand alone Cap film as well, if they would of had iron man 4 somewhere or done CW as its own. But given the schedule and way it's laid out it had to be here really.
And they kinda gotta go big with it to. The times of marvel being alone in the cbm (or stuff like it becuase I'm lumping Star Wars in there as well) genre is over now. From here out its Star Wars and DC as well. If both do ok anyway. Not to mention everything else.

Perlmuter didn't want RDJ to have a big role (or other avengers) becuase he didn't want to have to pay him. So I do not think perlmutter had much to do with it going its current route.

I am not sure having it just be Cap and Falcon searching for Bucky would be a good route at this stage. Given all the backstory and what's coming. They have to address Bucky killing the Starks and Tony's reaction. Clean up some of the phase 2 loose ends before infinity war..and given that there is no iron man 4 before infinity war..going the civil war route makes sense.

I'd prefer a stand alone Cap film as well, if they would of had iron man 4 somewhere or done CW as its own. But given the schedule and way it's laid out it had to be here really.
And they kinda gotta go big with it to. The times of marvel being alone in the cbm (or stuff like it becuase I'm lumping Star Wars in there as well) genre is over now. From here out its Star Wars and DC as well. If both do ok anyway. Not to mention everything else.

I wonder if there ever will be an Iron Man 4? Something makes me suspect they might hit the reset switch in some capacity after Infinity War. Too many actors whose salaries must be getting astronomical at this point, and a lot of contracts coming to an end.

I saw some pics on toyark of the HT's that Sideshow brought to NY. It was Starburst, Jawbreaker, Stones and some plastic guy. Sorry, I mean Starboost, Heartbreaker, Bones and Tony Stark. All nice pieces, but I don't think they are selling well. Sideshow was probably trying to get the unsuspecting people that aren't your normal collectors to buy them. I was hoping to see something new or at least something that's still only up for preorder.

Back