NTT Jaws Bruce Maquette By Mike Schultz

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are some WIP shots of the maquette and bases. As you can see, this piece is gonna be amazing when it's finished. Drool away. :D

AND, thanks MODs. :clap

10047141.jpg

1004468d.jpg

1004467d.jpg

Last edited:
I will have to pass on this one,my SideShow Jaws Marquette was returned because of paint flaws,the new one I got is very good,better paint app,looks real good.Plus with all this new stuff coming...:slap

Nice piece. Is this going to be an official item through Universal Studios like the Sideshow one was?

Wouldn't have thought so. I'd be very surprised if it was. Its a nice piece but I'd be wary of paying upfront for something that might come back and bite you on the arse. ( ie - non delivered due to licensing issues)

Licensing issues? As far as I know, these are individually created 'one of a kind' works of art sold to art collectors without any 'label' or direct reference to Universals trademarked "title". Different beast entirely than the SS maquette. Sounds like you have some sort of axe to grind.

You should probably wait to see if there are any dissatisfied collectors out there before you pass judgement don't you think?:gandalf

You should know why some people are willing to pay more for commission or mod pieces, right? I'll take a screen accurate, museum quality and artist proof piece over a so called "licensed", mass produced and paint by the numbers piece any day. Especially when I know mine will be built to my specs by a hardcore fan/artists who knows exactly what he's doing and talking about.

Licensing issues? As far as I know, these are individually created 'one of a kind' works of art sold to art collectors without any 'label' or direct reference to Universals trademarked "title". Different beast entirely than the SS maquette. Sounds like you have some sort of axe to grind.

You should probably wait to see if there are any dissatisfied collectors out there before you pass judgement don't you think?:gandalf

No axe to grind, I'd just hate to see anyone lose out that's all. For the record I'm a big JAWS fan so I'm all for seeing items like this made available.

If you read the post above mine I was answering that it was unlikely to be a licensed Universal piece and could be unreleased if they were to go the licensing route. Did you also see the humour as in "biting you on the ass" ? That was an indirect reference to something Hooper says in Jaws .

And you should probably read things carefully before you pass judgement yourself ? :gandalf

I still don't see why they don't want this info published, why so hush-hush ???

No axe to grind, I'd just hate to see anyone lose out that's all. For the record I'm a big JAWS fan so I'm all for seeing items like this made available.

If you read the post above mine I was answering that it was unlikely to be a licensed Universal piece and could be unreleased if they were to go the licensing route. Did you also see the humour as in "biting you on the ass" ? That was an indirect reference to something Hooper says in Jaws .

And you should probably read things carefully before you pass judgement yourself ? :gandalf

Humorous Hooper reference noted. The problem is...your wry subtext and implication that buyers should be wary of buying something that might not be delivered and that could have supposed issues to contend with. "Its a nice piece but I'd be wary of paying upfront for something that might come back and bite you on the arse. ( ie - non delivered due to licensing issues)"

That's passing judgement before the egg has hatched in my book. But then we probably follow different books my friend.:saruman

You should know why some people are willing to pay more for commission or mod pieces, right? I'll take a screen accurate, museum quality and artist proof piece over a so called "licensed", mass produced and paint by the numbers piece any day. Especially when I know mine will be built to my specs by a hardcore fan/artists who knows exactly what he's doing and talking about.

:goodpost:

I still don't see why they don't want this info published, why so hush-hush ???

That's what I'm wondering too. Things just doesn't seem right. You have to join this web site that is not open to the public. They are asking to send $$ to a total stranger from a site that you have to fill out this long form to join that asks for your home mailing address, yet, I heard from anther board that they don't mail any info to you.

These are legit questions and you have to understand as a consumer and in this day of identity fraud, everything that has been written about secrecy on this board and others.... well.... something just doesn't seem right.

Last edited:
That's what I'm wondering too. Things just doesn't seem right. You have to join this web site that is not open to the public. They are asking to send $$ to a total stranger from a site that you have to fill out this long form to join that asks for your home mailing address, yet, I heard from anther board that they don't mail any info to you.

This is how false rumors get started. Have you personally tried signing up at the forum or are you trusting a third party comment? If someone you didn't know on another board told you they thought Ironman2 stunk...would you be one to believe it at face value, or would you make your own opinion based on verifiable fact...and actually go see the film?

These are legit questions and you have to understand as a consumer and in this day of identity fraud, everything that has been written about secrecy on this board and others.... well.... something just doesn't seem right.

I think everything is pretty straight forward when you sign up over there. And as far as I know no one has been defrauded by joining a forum that is free to join. The concept of placing a pre-order is also not new. Those that are placing pre-orders know exactly who they're sending the money too as well. Mike V. Schultz, part time 911 operator in the field of law enforcement, family man, and part time artisan.

So the term "total stranger" doesn't actually apply unless you A: Know nothing about the makers of the item because you haven't read up on it, and/or actually joined the forum. Or B: Because you don't want to know. There are procedures for joining anything worth joining. And if you're lucky its free. In this case it is.

Those that want to know the process and pricing are in the know 150% and aren't basing their opinions on third and fourth party comments from strangers on other forums. That's because they know exactly what they're buying and from whom they're buying it. No one is forcing them to buy one.

Unfortunately, anything new always has a tendency to generate scepticism. I guess that's just the nature of curiosity and being out of the loop.:vader

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back