Now that Buffy/Angel is Over... What Next?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh someone mentioned "Miracles"! That was a fantastic show! Shame on ABC for cancelling it. You can of course buy or rent all 13 episodes on DVD now...it was a promising show.

"Lost". This season hasn't been the best but the last few episodes have been oh so excellent.

"Bones" is good. It's nice to see DB on TV again.

"Ghost Whisperer" is actually not too bad a show. It has some interesting twists and turns (the season finale was quite good) even if it is a show starring Jennifer Love Hewitt.

"Prison Break" is another favorite of mine.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the charming charming and eccentric Wonderfalls, executive produced by Tim Minear, nor David Greenwalt's provocative and disturbing Profit.

Also highly recommended are Wiseguy, The Wire, and Homicide: Life on the Street.

anyk_bnnr.jpg

I'm currently watching:

Prison Break - i recomend watching it from the beginning or else you would be lost.

Smallville - I agree with alot of Freaks on this one, some are good and some are ehhhh....

LOST - awesome.

Adult Swim - :chew

That is it. I don't watch too much tv.

Wonderfalls - definitely a recommend!

And probably no one else has seen it, but I LOVED Keen Eddie - another Fox show that only got 13.

FrankenFan said:
I'm surprised no one has mentioned the charming charming and eccentric Wonderfalls, executive produced by Tim Minear, nor David Greenwalt's provocative and disturbing Profit.

How could I forget to mention Wonderfalls!!! Definitely a great show and even though it was cancelled early on (damn Fox!!) the dvd set wraps up the storyline nicely! I haven't seen Profit yet but have heard many great things about it!

I just reserved a copy of Wonderfall at the library. :D

Thanx for the input everybody.

If they were up front about Clark NEVER becoming Superman, then it would be passible, but the fact that all this stuff is going on and people can't figure out he has super powers is ridiculous

To their credit the producers did say before the series started

"No flights, no tights"

still, I only watch it on occassion. I thought the episode in season one or two where an old woman allowed Clark and Lex to see their future in a dream-like version and Lex is in a field of flowers that turns into skulls with blood raining on him while Clark is in a graveyard where the gravestones that circle him row after row are of family and friends was very cool.

You know if you just watch the season openings and closings for Smallville, you have 5 (soon to be 6 if the S.6 opener holds up), very cool little Superman movies. The cliffhangers for the seasons are usually excellent.

I'll second Profit too - I'm just now working my way through that box set.

Lost and Dr. Who are it for sci-fi for me. I'm going to look at the Battlestar Galactica series now that I've got a few screeners. I saw the original miniseries and liked it, but just never tuned into it as a weekly.

I also like Nip/Tuck on FX, Slings and Arrows on Sundance Channel, and Wire in the Blood on BBC America...not sci-fi, but good shows. Seems I'll look any place but a major nework for entertainment. Of course, if you watch BBC America you're really seeing previews of the networks' new shows three years from now.

Well speaking of tv, Im compelled to mention my absolute favourite television shows.

Firefly
Buffy
Angel
Six Feet Under
The Soprano's
Deadwood

these are my absolute faves but the likes of Batman:The animated series and seinfeld are also way up there.
Scrubs and Vronica mars are great shows on atm, smallville is one I need to watch more. I was one of my fave show on tv years ago but was stopped being shown on aussie tv. But its back again!
I watch Lost weekly but I have to say its starting to get old. There isnt anything really happening and I cant see this show actually going on for more than another year or two without losing all steam. Season 1 was great though.
Supernatural is one I just hated though, I saw one episode and couldnt believe how badly they ripped off Ringu. A girl with long black hair crawls from mirrors and kills her victims. replace mirrors with tv's. Maybe just a bad ep? I just seemed not very original and the two mains guys were alittle wooden. I should give it another go I guess seeing you all like it.

Last edited:
Protozaius I don't know if you have Sam's Club near you, but they have most of the 1st seasons of the shows suggested in this thread for like $17.99. Plus Buffy Season 1, Angel Season 1, & Firefly the Complete Series.

I tend to like shows with on-going arcs rather than one-shots - but this means I tend to wait for the DVD's so I can watch the whole lot in one go - so my two top recommends (if you haven't seen them) would be

(a) Babylon 5 (for Sci-fi) and
(b) La Femme Nikita (for Espionage)
(c) The Sopranos (while not finished all aired episodes are on DVD).

All three shows had strong continuity that made watching them on free-to-air problematic - particularly getting episodes out of order or shown late at night (both these shows screened at about 11pm). La Femme Nikita would particularly suit if you liked Alias (I got Seasons 1 - 3 of Alias yesterday on special and I'm just about finished Season 1)

Another good (but offbeat) show that died before its time was Bloodstone - I managed to get a bootleg copy as its not commercially available. It was really hitting its strides when it got killed.

Another one I'm waiting to see if it comes out here - but is available in the US is Nowhere Man - brilliant thriller in the vein of "The Fugitive". Tom Veil is a photographer who's life is stolen because of some photo's he took - the show is his search to find out who did it and what was so important about the photo's. The main writer is the same guy from 24.

I'm currently waiting for Season 3 of Deadwood and Season 2 of Carnivale to come out here - and I'm holding off on Galatica for the same reason (I hate getting to the end of a season then having to wait 12 months for the next one).

I agree that the X-files is an excellent show to watch over - its interesting watching the development when you know where its all going ;) Now if only I could find a decently priced box set of Millenium..........

I don't know if it's out on DVD yet, but I really liked Now & Again. Same guy who is doing Medium now. It's about a super secret government superman who is supposedly dead, but is still in love with his wife. Dennis Haysbert is one of the co-stars. Don't know if it got 13 or a full 22. I'll have to go look for it.

Not to be confused with 40-Something show - "Once & Again" which was also very good.

Protozaius said:
...Now that I' gone through all of the seasons of Buffy/Angel/Firefly, what TV show would you recommend me taking a stab at? Lost? Battlestar Galactica? Veronica Mars?...

What I did was get back into comics. I know you asked about a show but this may be an alternative. I'm currently buying the Angel:Old Friends comics as the come out as well as Spike vs Dracula. I've also picked up the original Angel comic (all 17 issues) at a local comic shop. I need my Angel/Buffy fix. I'm going to scope out some old Buffy comics next.

Darklord Dave said:
I don't know if it's out on DVD yet, but I really liked Now & Again. Same guy who is doing Medium now. It's about a super secret government superman who is supposedly dead, but is still in love with his wife. Dennis Haysbert is one of the co-stars. Don't know if it got 13 or a full 22. I'll have to go look for it.

Not to be confused with 40-Something show - "Once & Again" which was also very good.

Loved "now and again". John Goodman played the "before".

Fritz said:
What I did was get back into comics. I know you asked about a show but this may be an alternative. I'm currently buying the Angel:Old Friends comics as the come out as well as Spike vs Dracula. I've also picked up the original Angel comic (all 17 issues) at a local comic shop. I need my Angel/Buffy fix. I'm going to scope out some old Buffy comics next.

I just read the graphic novel "Tales of the Slayer" with stories witten by the series writers (including Joss) as well as a short story by Amber Benson. I liked it quite a bit. :D

4400 is pretty good, it got a bit sluggish through the first season, but I remember really liking it near the end. Although it's been so long I don't really remember why I liked it.

Looks like the new show "Heroes" is kind of stealing the concept though. Of course "4400" stole it from X-Men anyway.

Back