CNN Buffy feature - where are they now?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

binky

Super Freak
Reaction score
This type of feature is usually the last kiss of death of a cult classic tv show just before the Dancing with the Stars appearances, but...

https://www.cnn.com/2013/08/02/showbiz/tv/buffy-where-are-they-now/index.html?hpt=hp_t5

Most of them look pretty good for being ten years older.

In the middle of my annual rewatch. Just started Buffy 4 and Angel 1. Still love these shows. They are starting to show their age a bit compared to the tv shows I'm hooked on now, but I don't think they'll ever be completely dated to be unwatchable.

The bit about SMG saying she would be for a Buffy movie I think came about the context of the Veronica Mars crowd-funded movie.

James Marsters would have made a great John Constantine at least unlike Keanu he can pull off an English accent.

Hopefuly now that Joss is all powerful he might look into doing some thing with Buffy again.I too am rewatching and have just finished series 4.

Watched James in a WareHouse 13 esp. He was showing his age but neither my wife or I would have guessed 50.

Yeah, he is looking more 'crunchy' around the edges these days, but still bloody good for his age. :D

James Marsters would have made a great John Constantine at least unlike Keanu he can pull off an English accent.

That would have been great . . .even though I really didn't mind Keanu in Hellblazer . . .

Thanks for the link, binky.

They all look great!

I saw a preview for SMG's new show a few weeks back. REALLY looking forward to it. :rock

I don't post in Whedonville very often, but I fully admit to being a card carrying member of the Cult of Whedon!!

Now I think there are very few show s that can jump easily to the ig screen of the creators and fans started a push, and Josh Whedon is the maybe hind MOST of them. Would love to see a Buffy Movie, but oneself I think they better get to it sooner rather then later as many of the actors who are suppose to be ageless start looking to long in the tooth...lol

Edit: I just Rewatched the series Finale.... DAMN NOW THAT IS HOW YOU END A SERIES!

Last edited:
I hate to say this, but out of the Buffyverse I actually preferred how Angel anded. I know some hated it, but it just felt more epic to me.

Im currently in Season 7 watching it all for the very first time. taken a few months to from start of Season 1 to finish.

I absolutely LOVE this show!!! Wish i watched it back when it was originally on. Better late than never, right?:)

I cant believe Spike is 50 years old now.

Some people have their favorite seasons, but honestly i think its been all amazing from start to end. The end of Season 6 was crazy!!! Ill be sad once im done with Season 7.

Going to watch Angel once im done with Buffy and also read the comics for the continuing seasons of Buffy.:)

Im currently in Season 7 watching it all for the very first time. taken a few months to from start of Season 1 to finish.

I absolutely LOVE this show!!! Wish i watched it back when it was originally on. Better late than never, right?:)

Some people have their favorite seasons, but honestly i think its been all amazing from start to end. The end of Season 6 was crazy!!! Ill be sad once im done with Season 7.

Going to watch Angel once im done with Buffy and also read the comics for the continuing seasons of Buffy.:)

JEBUS Morph I was within two sentences of ruining the WHOLE damn thing for you, but I deleted them. I didn't think I needed the spoilers tag 10 YEARS LATER....lol.

Honestly, one of my FAVORITE series of all time. It had the perfect mix of humor and emotional resonance tied up with perfect character development and intelligent writing. VERY FEW shows ever get that right and other then the Whedonverse shows I can only think of M.A.S.H. and The West Wing who got it SO consistently right. With honorable mentions going to early SuperNatural and Stargate Atlantis.

All I have to say morph is when you get to the end.... Well ...you will be going through the BUFFY DEPRESSION 10 years LATER!!!..

P.S. the Season 5 & 6 Finales STILL gets to me whenever I see them.... It ROCKS!!!

Okay this just TOTALLY KILLED my productivity today... I turned on Buffy on Netflix ( have the DVDs too) and I have been Marathoning it.... Damn... Lol

:lol i was careful not to read anyone's full post incase they had spoilers.

my all time favorite show was the X-files. Although the later seasons went downhill and the ending i did not like, but seasons 1-5 are masterpieces :)

Buffy is just so solid year after year. There's like hardly any episodes that i don't like and i love all the characters. later years like 5-6-7 i really love because there is more sense of danger, like characters my get killed off that you weren't suspecting.

The older seasons are very nostalgic for me because that was my high school/college time, so I love those a lot!!!

Just an amazing show!!!!! :) :)

JEBUS Morph I was within two sentences of ruining the WHOLE damn thing for you, but I deleted them. I didn't think I needed the spoilers tag 10 YEARS LATER....lol.

Honestly, one of my FAVORITE series of all time. It had the perfect mix of humor and emotional resonance tied up with perfect character development and intelligent writing. VERY FEW shows ever get that right and other then the Whedonverse shows I can only think of M.A.S.H. and The West Wing who got it SO consistently right. With honorable mentions going to early SuperNatural and Stargate Atlantis.

All I have to say morph is when you get to the end.... Well ...you will be going through the BUFFY DEPRESSION 10 years LATER!!!..

P.S. the Season 5 & 6 Finales STILL gets to me whenever I see them.... It ROCKS!!!

Last edited:
I just figured out Penn was Jeremy Renner. I was like, there was a pretty good Renner look alike on Angel. I haven't seen the episode in years.. so don't make fun. I was IMDB'ed it up and was like dayum... hehe Can not believe it took so long. lol

:lol i was careful not to read anyone's full post incase they had spoilers.

my all time favorite show was the X-files. Although the later seasons went downhill and the ending i did not like, but seasons 1-5 are masterpieces :)

Buffy is just so solid year after year. There's like hardly any episodes that i don't like and i love all the characters. later years like 5-6-7 i really love because there is more sense of danger, like characters my get killed off that you weren't suspecting.

The older seasons are very nostalgic for me because that was my high school/college time, so I love those a lot!!!

Just an amazing show!!!!! :) :)

I'm the opposite, the latter years I thought were a bit mean spirited and lost the campiness that made the characters relatable; your average students growing up, hanging with friends.

I'm the opposite, the latter years I thought were a bit mean spirited and lost the campiness that made the characters relatable; your average students growing up, hanging with friends.

yah, the later years definitely are much darker. But there is still a campiness in them....like just saw Season 7, episode called "Him"....cant get much campier than that one....:lol

Well JM will be 51 this August, but Spike in the show is a hell of a lot older then that of course. :lol:

I think the series "grew" nicely from season to season although I haven't watched a single episode in the past 7 or 8 years so my judgement may be a little bit off. As much as I loved Buffy, the addition of Dawn and Faith in the later seasons made those "winners" for me. I am just waiting for the right time to dig up those seasons and watch them one more time; thanks to you, that time may finally have arrived. :)

Well JM will be 51 this August, but Spike in the show is a hell of a lot older then that of course. :lol:

:lol

Ive never seen JM in anything else other than Buffy. has anyone seen him in other tv shows or movies?

i think ive seen the rest of the cast in other things. NB "Xander" was in criminal minds for a little bit.

Back