Nolan Dark Knight Trilogy (BB/TDK/TDKR)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I find it a lot easier to swallow now that they closed the book on that series. Still don't agree with the ending, that's not even Nolan's batman. It's not even Batman. However, I would take some ridiculous rewrite to bring Bale back now

True. I don't mind Nolan's series at all, as long as it doesn't affect the DCMU in any negative way. However, if the first trailer comes out and Affleck sounds like he has throat cancer, I'll hate Nolan and Bale forever. For that matter, Affleck and Snyder, too.

But will it give me the power to override Sideshow Freaks' whole system?

okay so When Exactly was the fusion reactor built?
When Did Bruce make that? when did Miranda came into the Project?
How Long has Bruce been hiding in his mansion? Was Bruce Hiding since Harvey Dent died?

Or was he working after The events of the Dark Knight?
and if he was working after the events of the Dark Knight, Why did he stop?

What made Bruce Stop and go hide in his house?

That never made any sense to me. Since when did he have that Fusion Reactor?

Like, wtf? how does the timeline go? when did Bruce meet Miranda? When he did give up?

I'm assuming that when he gave up being Batman (not only because of Rachel, but because of the events set in motion by the end of TDK, as well), he tried, for a time, to use his remaining persona, if you will, to try and improve Gotham in other ways. My guess is that once he realized what could become of the fusion reactor, he shut the project down, and realized that he just couldn't be who he needed himself to be as Bruce Wayne, thus becoming a shut in, as he couldn't be Bruce Wayne, and he couldn't go back to being Batman without compromising all the work he and Gordon had accomplished.

I'm assuming that when he gave up being Batman (not only because of Rachel, but because of the events set in motion by the end of TDK, as well), he tried, for a time, to use his remaining persona, if you will, to try and improve Gotham in other ways. My guess is that once he realized what could become of the fusion reactor, he shut the project down, and realized that he just couldn't be who he needed himself to be as Bruce Wayne, thus becoming a shut in, as he couldn't be Bruce Wayne, and he couldn't go back to being Batman without compromising all the work he and Gordon had accomplished.

damn, I wish Nolan at least gave us some of this.
That was the one thing that Always bothered me, but what you are saying is pretty much perfect.

but I wish Nolan gave us at least a couple of flashbacks or something. We are just thrown into the middle of the story. I Would have loved to see Bruce Wayne try to help Gotham as just Bruce Wayne.
that would have been more interesting than seeing Bruce mope around his house for the first half of the movie.

"say I'm a bird, say it" was actually better than WHEARES DA TRIGGER? WHER IZ IT? lol

I have to say BB is my favorite. I enjoy all of them, but there was something about BB that I just loved. I really liked the look of Gothom in this one. I loved the sort of futuristic Train tracks.

However, Nolan got rid of this Gothom in the other movies. They don't' show the Elevated Train system again. I'm wondering if Nolan didn't care for the Version of Gothom City in BB. I know he wanted a more realistic looking city, but I thought Gothom had a nice mix in BB.

Agreed - BB is my fave of the three too.

My appreciation for BB extends way beyond that though - the entire film is a triumph as far as I'm concerned. A strong piece from beginning to end - & no filler whatsoever.

I honestly can't say that personally, regarding the other two. :huh

I wonder if that screen-test was made when Bale was fresh and skinny from "The Machinist", or was it later during the "Fatman" era? He seems to be pushing out of that cowl. He looks awesome though.

"I serve justice" How wonderfully cheesy :)

I am not going to buy the whole trilogy again, but it might be worth to snag the artbook and the 6th BD disc from Ebay, just for video clips like this. That was an awesome treat.

I really liked the look of Gothom in this one. I loved the sort of futuristic Train tracks.

I prefer the TDK Gotham, just becouse of the way it was shot and presented. People bash it for lacking the mono-rail or the "sepia filter" of BB, but Pfister presented it in a way that I felt was much more cinematical and visualy pleasing. It was a great clean/gritty mix of expensive glass buildings, dark dirty alleys, wonderfully looking streets at night, all the buildings wide shots, old mafia bars, shipyards, courtrooms, buisness buldings, gritty interrogation rooms and more. The near perfect mix for Gotham. Plus, just the way it was filmed. Pfister made a lot more impressive shots in TDK. And though the movie lacked that "sepia, brownish filter" that BB had, it was still filmed in such a high contrast way, that a lost of scenes had that dark, gritty feel, especially the ones made during the night. The city feels more alive to me, rather than just a collection of artificial set pieces.

eTmm7v3.jpg

It did get much more 'bland' in Rises, though not without its own big scope.

Last edited:
I wonder if that screen-test was made when Bale was fresh and skinny from "The Machinist", or was it later during the "Fatman" era? He seems to be pushing out of that cowl. He looks awesome though.

"I serve justice" How wonderfully cheesy :)

I am not going to buy the whole trilogy again, but it might be worth to snag the artbook and the 6th BD disc from Ebay, just for video clips like this. That was an awesome treat.

I prefer the TDK Gotham, just becouse of the way it was shot and presented. People bash it for lacking the mono-rail or the "sepia filter" of BB, but Pfister presented it in a way that I felt was much more cinematical and visualy pleasing. It was a great clean/gritty mix of expensive glass buildings, dark dirty alleys, wonderfully looking streets at night, all the buildings wide shots, old mafia bars, shipyards, courtrooms, buisness buldings, gritty interrogation rooms and more. The near perfect mix for Gotham. Plus, just the way it was filmed. Pfister made a lot more impressive shots in TDK. And though the movie lacked that "sepia, brownish filter" that BB had, it was still filmed in such a high contrast way, that a lost of scenes had that dark, gritty feel, especially the ones made during the night. The city feels more alive to me, rather than just a collection of artificial set pieces.

eTmm7v3.jpg

It did get much more 'bland' in Rises, though not without its own big scope.

I do enjoy the look of TDK and TDKR, don't get me wrong. I just Gothom in BB had a little more "Character" than the other two. Pfister is a great DP. I'm hoping he is doing "Intersteller"

So wait? There's an Ultimate collectors edition coming out tomorrow? What the heck, I must have been living on the moon. I thought the Blu-ray set last year was the one to get.

Are they having a bunch of new content?

I do enjoy the look of TDK and TDKR, don't get me wrong. I just Gothom in BB had a little more "Character" than the other two. Pfister is a great DP. I'm hoping he is doing "Intersteller"

Indeed, it didn't come across as Chicago much in that one.

Back