Nolan Dark Knight Trilogy (BB/TDK/TDKR)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cillian Murphy in batsuit.

Grr7yxd.jpg

:panic: Holy crap, cant wait to get the set now.

Amazing!

vlcsnap-00009.jpeg

About the Ledger stuff, I honestly think there is just nothing more to see. Other then deleted scenes, I don't think Heath did any press at all for Joker, not after shooting, not during shooting. And criticizing Nolan and co for not wanting to talk about Heath is just rude. They knew the guy personally, the guy died, they don't want to talk about it, I totally get that. I think eventually it will open up more, but if not, then I'm fine with that.

90 minutes of new stuff doesn't justify the price tag.

For once, I agree with you, wholeheartedly.

Amazing!

vlcsnap-00009.jpeg

About the Ledger stuff, I honestly think there is just nothing more to see. Other then deleted scenes, I don't think Heath did any press at all for Joker, not after shooting, not during shooting. And criticizing Nolan and co for not wanting to talk about Heath is just rude. They knew the guy personally, the guy died, they don't want to talk about it, I totally get that. I think eventually it will open up more, but if not, then I'm fine with that.

How is it rude? We're not asking them to discuss his autopsy photos. We just want to see more of the character; more of the actor and his processes, and we want to see people talk about what he was like when he was doing what he did best, since he, naturally, can't do it himself. If they don't want to talk about it, that's fine, too, but, at the very least, let us see all of the deleted footage from the three films, including the stuff with Ledger. It's okay. Batman Begins will be 10 in 2 years, TDK in 5; perhaps we'll finally see the deleted scenes for each film on their respective anniversaries.

It's a nice looking package but not worth $80. These movies have been out for a long time. I got the first Blu Ray trilogy for $25 from Amazon.ca the first few weeks it was out. You can probably get all 3 individually from Wal-Mart now for $20-$30.

This trilogy deserved more. I don't care about the dinky cars or the photo book of images that are in the making of TDK Trilogy book. I wish WB put as much effort in this as they did Harry Potter.

It's telling how Batman himself and almost every villain have a screen test with the actors but absolutely no Ledger as the Joker.

They have freakin' Cillian Murphy and some other random guy in Kilmer's suit but nothing of Ledger. Ridiculous. They have a documentary about Bane's stupid mask and clothing, Bale trying test fittings for the TDK suit back in 2006 or 2007 but nothing of the Joker process. No make up, no prosthetics, no nothing. I know why they're doing it but it seems downright disrespectful to me.

He was the best part about this "Dark Knight" trilogy and was clearly one of the main factors in it's success but there's literally nothing about him. What does that say? If he was such a presence on set (which I'm sure he was) in such a collaboration, where is all his stuff? Poor **** didn't even get a tribute or any behind the scenes footage (when there's clearly stuff out there considering all the behind the scenes production footage they had of Bale, Caine, Freeman, etc. for TDK).

Last edited:
It's a nice looking package but not worth $80. These movies have been out for a long time. I got the first Blu Ray trilogy for $25 from Amazon.ca the first few weeks it was out. You can probably get all 3 individually from Wal-Mart now for $20-$30

It isn't really. There's not much value for $80. I got the Friday the 13th set 2 weeks ago for $95 and it has 12 movies, a book, 2 pairs of 3-D glasses, and a camp counsellors patch all in a metal box

Last edited:
I don't understand it either, DiFabio.

Also, new transfers of Batman Begins and TDK would have been great.

Yeah, especially for The Dark Knight with it's contrast problems in some scenes.

It's telling how Batman himself and almost every villain have a screen test with the actors but absolutely no Ledger as the Joker.

They have freakin' Cillian Murphy and some other random guy in Kilmer's suit but nothing of Ledger. Ridiculous. They have a documentary about Bane's stupid mask and clothing, Bale trying test fittings for the TDK suit back in 2006 or 2007 but nothing of the Joker process. No make up, no prosthetics, no nothing. I know why they're doing it but it seems downright disrespectful to me.

He was the best part about this "Dark Knight" trilogy and was clearly one of the main factors in it's success but there's literally nothing about him. What does that say? If he was such a presence on set (which I'm sure he was) in such a collaboration, where is all his stuff? Poor **** didn't even get a tribute or any behind the scenes footage (when there's clearly stuff out there considering all the behind the scenes production footage they had of Bale, Caine, Freeman, etc. for TDK).

Couldn't agree more, sir.

You know if there really *is* stuff out there that they haven't used yet they're either holding it back for ANOTHER set or I think it's just not there.
I can't imagine them sitting on interviews, docs, etc, of Heath and not release it. I honestly think it's just not there, we've seen everything there is of Heath.

:goodpost:

It's almost as if they are under some restrictions imposed by the Ledger family or WB to not discuss or include footage of Heath so as to not appear to be capitalizing on his death. :dunno A complete shame too because getting inside his processes for becoming Joker, even just makeup and costume, etc would be fascinating.

Back