Nolan Dark Knight Trilogy (BB/TDK/TDKR)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
null_zps10f0f6b4.jpg

:lol at the haters.

Why can't people accept difference in opinion?

Nolan trilogy will be tough to beat for me, for any franchise in any genre. I can't wait to see the next incarnation of Batman though. Bring on something different.

:lol at the haters.

Why can't people accept difference in opinion?

Nolan trilogy will be tough to beat for me, for any franchise in any genre. I can't wait to see the next incarnation of Batman though. Bring on something different.

It's only going to get worse.

Yes ..... He wore it through out right?

Well the way I see it, is that the suit he wears at the end is the suit from TDK. He stashed it when he retired. The suit he wears when he gets beaten by bane is a new one from the new batcave. Whether this is true or not I don't really know / give a ****. But it's the way I like to think of it. He's seen off joker, two face and bane in that suit.

To be fair that does work both ways.

It does, and if you don't like the Nolan trilogy or any particular films within it, that's fine.

When I defend the films I try to do so rationally and try to counter claims such as TDKR is contradictory to TDK etc with factual evidence from within the films.

But once you've put forth your argument there's not much point in going in circles about it endlessly.

I just watched the awful RoboCop 3 and it appears that it heavily influenced Nolan when he made TKDR.

You've got the elite group pulling people out of their homes and joining with psychotic criminals at the end and facing off against a bunch of cops on a city street. Then the bad guys have a tank/tumbler aim its cannon at the cops until all of a sudden the armored hero swoops down from the sky in his jetpack/the Bat and shoots up the tank/tumbler. Armored guy flies above the cops and away as they all cheer.

Plus RoboCop 3 and TDKR both feature cameos from one of the bad guys in the first film (ED-209/Scarecrow) but suspiciously make NO reference whatsoever to the villain of the second film (Cain/Joker.) :lol

Both films also feature the hero avenging the death of his beloved non-girlfriend.

Robocop 3 is the worst third film of a trilogy, ever. Those android Asian guys were beyond retarded.

I just watched the awful RoboCop 3 and it appears that it heavily influenced Nolan when he made TKDR.

You've got the elite group pulling people out of their homes and joining with psychotic criminals at the end and facing off against a bunch of cops on a city street. Then the bad guys have a tank/tumbler aim its cannon at the cops until all of a sudden the armored hero swoops down from the sky in his jetpack/the Bat and shoots up the tank/tumbler. Armored guy flies above the cops and away as they all cheer.

Plus RoboCop 3 and TDKR both feature cameos from one of the bad guys in the first film (ED-209/Scarecrow) but suspiciously make NO reference whatsoever to the villain of the second film (Cain/Joker.) :lol

Both films also feature the hero avenging the death of his beloved non-girlfriend.

:lol

Never looked at it that way.

TDKR feels like a poor man's Batman Begins and Dark Knight to me. It feels like they took the two of them and smashed them together like play-doh. I know how you feel about Terminator 2: Judgement Day Khev, how it's sort of a "rip off" of the original. And while I agree with you there as much as I love it, TDKR is way worse. In fact, it could probably recommended to just skip 5 hours of watching Batman Begins and The Dark Knight and just skipping to TDKR.

- The name "Dark Knight" is a household name now, just as good as Batman, INCLUDED IT IN THE TITLE AND CAPITALIZE OFF TDK.

- Hey, our unique 6 minute villain prologue in 2007 was so well received, let's open this movie like that too! But how? Rewrite it. Instead of a cool Bank Heist sequence, make it a showy plane scene to show off effects instead of caring about the story. Make the Bank Manager a CIA guy. Make the villains cronies willing to give their lives instead of being tricked by the villain. Have an "unmasked" reveal showing said villain.

- Start the movie after that with a cityscape shot and a Mayor Garcia voice over just like the last film. Maybe that will trick the audience into thinking this one is as good as that.

- It took us 50 mins to carefully establish Bruce Wayne becoming Batman in the first film, let's do that again, but this time make Bruce Wayne a mopey, POS and have Batman degrade. BATMAN GOES BACK!

- LoS 2.0

- Ra's Al Ghul 2.0 (I am da leuge of shedoooows)

- Ducard twist 2.0

- Villains nab Wayne Enterprises Tech, Wayne Enterprises Tech is used for the city's UTTER DESTRUCTION.

- Hospitals, Hospitals, Hospitals

- Remember how Bruce Wayne overcame his fear of falling into the well with the bats and his dad came in and helped him out? Remember how that was resolved in film one? Let's do that, BUT BIGGER. Now Bruce has gotta relearn da fear and instead of a backyard well, WE'LL PUT HIM IN A BIG HOLE PRISON THING.

- Bruce interacting with Morgan Freeman in every film is a running gag, pure box office gold, but just in case the audience didn't know already, LET'S REFERENCE DOES IT COME IN BLACK FOR HIS NEW BATMAN THEMED VEHICLE. Lol

- BUT WITH A TWIST! Instead of giving Batman Tumblers, Bane gets them and makes Bumblers.

- Shots and scenes lifted right from The Dark Knight of Alfred walking into Wayne's bedroom with breakfast, looking peeved, then going to his Bat Lair to ***** at him.

- Remember that chase sequence in Batman Begins with the cops and the Hans Zimmer music? LETS DO THAT AGAIN, ACCEPT MAKE IT BIGGER, FILM IT IN LA INSTEAD OF CHICAGO, AND DO IT WITH DA LOBSTER VEHICLE. What about the music? USE THE SAME TRACK, BUT MAKE IT LOUDER.

- How do we top that great scene of a terrorist playfully blowing up a hospital? Make a scene of a mumbling terrorist seriously blowing up the Steelers. Wait, what's that have to do with a Batman movie? Oh, Thomas Tull was a part owner and CEO of Legendary Pictures. Politics and $$$.

- Despite Batman Begins not relying on a IMAX prologue and montage ending and being it's own thing, TDKR shark jumps and rapes the Dark Knight with not just a prologue . . . but a BATMAN IS BOSS montage ending . . . . WITH THE SAME MUSIC. Zimmerman is so creative!

- $250 Million budget, gives Batman the same suit he had in the previous film. Oh, and he somehow conveniently had two of them at two different locations.

- The audience was stupid in 2008 and demanded flashbacks. GIVE FLASHBACKS FOR EVERYTHING. Who's Dent/Two-Face? SHOW IT. What's a Ra's Al Ghul? SHOW IT. FLASHBACK, FLASHBACK, FLASHBACK.

- What about the Joker, we keep regurgitating everything from the previous two films, what about him? He was great. "What's a 'Joker'?"

- How do you top two actresses playing the same preachy, undeveloped character? TWO actresses playing TWO DIFFERENT preachy, undeveloped characters.

- Joseph Gordon Levitt reenacts that great scene in Batman Begins where Bruce Wayne goes back into the well he fell into as a child and slowly overcomes his fear of bats, right down to the same torch light. The difference? Joseph Gordon Levitt isn't afraid of Bats and this isn't Bale, Bruce Wayne or Batman.

- Batman/Bruce Wayne lies to succeed, again.

Last edited:
I don't see it that way at all. To me, a lot of the stuff you're mentioning is simply the series coming full circle. Walt eats a breakfast with his age made out of Bacon in the first episode of the last season of Breaking Bad, but I don't see people saying that it ripped off the first season. :dunno

Don't buy "full circle". Never have, never will.

Good stories move forward, even trilogies. The Dark Knight didn't heavily rely on Batman Begins and moved the story forward with NEW everything. Things we never saw before. It wasn't just a sequel to Batman Begins, it changed it up and advanced to another level.

TDKR is like, "well, here we are again, making our 'Batman' movie that we're going to END". It's fine the first time I guess, but for rewatchability, I'd rather see the first two. The scenes that they repeat in TDKR are arguably better in the first two films. Who would you rather see? A slow scene where Bruce Wayne is shown visiting the well, climbing back down, going into the cold dark, taking out his torch, seeing the Bats, fearing them, then slowly coming to terms with his fear and bracing bats OR, new comer, poorly developed character in a montage with 3 or 4 other things going on, kinda, sorta doing the same thing? How many times to I need to see the same "Alfred preaching to Bruce to not underestimate the villain and that he's more than he seems". How many times to I have to see "Batman racing to stop a doomsday device"? The best this series had to offer me was Liam Neeson mercenaries steal Wayne Tech and playing tricks on Bruce Wayne with "I'm a friend/lover, now I'm the big bad"?

Batman Begins was completely new. The Dark Knight is stand out and refreshing and I didn't even realize what I had till it was gone after 2008. A story shouldn't go backwards in my opinion and retread old plot points, it should move forward. The only aspect of going forward that they did was having Bruce "move on" and drop Batman as an alter ego. That feels like regression in my opinion, especially when Batman is one of the most obsessive and compelling characters out there. As soon as the pain is gone, as soon as the "MY PARENTS ARE DEEAAAAD" thing doesn't matter, and as soon as the cowl gets put away, I stop caring.

Last edited:
The only aspect of going forward that they did was having Bruce "move on" and drop Batman as an alter ego. That feels like regression in my opinion, especially when Batman is one of the most obsessive and compelling characters out there. As soon as the pain is gone, as soon as the "MY PARENTS ARE DEEAAAAD" thing doesn't matter, and as soon as the cowl gets put away, I stop caring.

:exactly:
This.

TDKR feels like a poor man's Batman Begins and Dark Knight to me. It feels like they took the two of them and smashed them together like play-doh. I know how you feel about Terminator 2: Judgement Day Khev, how it's sort of a "rip off" of the original. And while I agree with you there as much as I love it, TDKR is way worse. In fact, it could probably recommended to just skip 5 hours of watching Batman Begins and The Dark Knight and just skipping to TDKR.

- The name "Dark Knight" is a household name now, just as good as Batman, INCLUDED IT IN THE TITLE AND CAPITALIZE OFF TDK.

- Hey, our unique 6 minute villain prologue in 2007 was so well received, let's open this movie like that too! But how? Rewrite it. Instead of a cool Bank Heist sequence, make it a showy plane scene to show off effects instead of caring about the story. Make the Bank Manager a CIA guy. Make the villains cronies willing to give their lives instead of being tricked by the villain. Have an "unmasked" reveal showing said villain.

- Start the movie after that with a cityscape shot and a Mayor Garcia voice over just like the last film. Maybe that will trick the audience into thinking this one is as good as that.

- It took us 50 mins to carefully establish Bruce Wayne becoming Batman in the first film, let's do that again, but this time make Bruce Wayne a mopey, POS and have Batman degrade. BATMAN GOES BACK!

- LoS 2.0

- Ducard twist 2.0

- Villains nab Wayne Enterprises Tech, Wayne Enterprises Tech is used for the city's UTTER DESTRUCTION.

- Remember how Bruce Wayne overcame his fear of falling into the well with the bats and his dad came in and helped him out? Remember how that was resolved in film one? Let's do that, BUT BIGGER. Now Bruce has gotta relearn da fear and instead of a backyard well, WE'LL PUT HIM IN A BIG HOLE PRISON THING.

- Bruce interacting with Morgan Freeman in every film is a running gag, pure box office gold, but just in case the audience didn't know already, LET'S REFERENCE DOES IT COME IN BLACK FOR HIS NEW BATMAN THEMED VEHICLE. Lol

- BUT WITH A TWIST! Instead of giving Batman Tumblers, Bane gets them and makes Bumblers.

- Shots and scenes lifted right from The Dark Knight of Alfred walking into Wayne's bedroom with breakfast, looking peeved, then going to his Bat Lair to ***** at him.

- Remember that chase sequence in Batman Begins with the cops and the Hans Zimmer music? LETS DO THAT AGAIN, ACCEPT MAKE IT BIGGER, FILM IT IN LA INSTEAD OF CHICAGO, AND DO IT WITH DA LOBSTER VEHICLE. What about the music? USE THE SAME TRACK, BUT MAKE IT LOUDER.

- How do we top that great scene of a terrorist playfully blowing up a hospital? Make a scene of a mumbling terrorist seriously blowing up the Steelers. Wait, what's that have to do with a Batman movie? Oh, Thomas Tull was a part owner and CEO of Legendary Pictures. Politics and $$$.

- Despite Batman Begins not relying on a IMAX prologue and montage ending and being it's own thing, TDKR shark jumps and rapes the Dark Knight with not just a prologue . . . but a BATMAN IS BOSS montage ending . . . . WITH THE SAME MUSIC. Zimmerman is so creative!

- $250 Million budget, gives Batman the same suit he had in the previous film. Oh, and he somehow conveniently had two of them at two different locations.

- The audience was stupid in 2008 and demanded flashbacks. GIVE FLASHBACKS FOR EVERYTHING. Who's Dent/Two-Face? SHOW IT. What's a Ra's Al Ghul? SHOW IT. FLASHBACK, FLASHBACK, FLASHBACK.

- What about the Joker, we keep regurgitating everything from the previous two films, what about him? He was great. "What's a 'Joker'?"

- How do you top two actresses playing the same preachy, undeveloped character? TWO actresses playing TWO DIFFERENT preachy, undeveloped characters.

- Joseph Gordon Levitt reenacts that great scene in Batman Begins where Bruce Wayne goes back into the well he fell into as a child and slowly overcomes his fear of bats, right down to the same torch light. The difference? Joseph Gordon Levitt isn't afraid of Bats and this isn't Bale, Bruce Wayne or Batman.

Gosh your sure dislike TDKR. Come 2015 everybody is going to either love the new batman or hate him. TDKR will either be Great or hated even more.:lol

One thing that always bugged me was why did Miranda sleep with Bruce? The only explanation for it is she already assumed that he would escape the pit and come for her, but that doesn't make sense since her and Bane threw Bruce into the pit because they knew he would not escape. That means she just slept with her enemy for no reason.

I also think Nolan missed out on a great opportunity by not having Bane wait for Bruce inside the batcave with Alfred already knocked out just like in the comic books. Seeing him break Bruce in his own house and destroy the batcave would have made the whole "I am not afraid. I am angry" line more powerful.

One thing that always bugged me was why did Miranda sleep with Bruce . . . . . . The only explanation for it is she already assumed that he would escape the pit and come for her

I think you just answered your own question.

Talk about nitpicks LOL I sure hope DiFabio didn't spend too much time composing that thing, one could lose sleep over it.

Talk about nitpicks LOL I sure hope DiFabio didn't spend too much time composing that thing, one could lose sleep over it.

Every night man, every night.

Eventually I cry myself to sleep but then wake up with nightmares. It's Post Traumatic Dark Knight Rises Syndrome, or PTDRS

Since I enjoyed TKDR (and love the Trilogy as a whole), I'll just slowly return to my corner.

- LoS 2.0

- Ducard twist 2.0

this was so awesome Im going to save it to read it again any time I am feeling down :lol:lol:lol

Back