Noah

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really like that they included a "spin" on the story of Noah that can potentially take it to a lots of interesting places.

Viewing this as some kind of religious blasphemy is simply ridiculous.

My only concern is the director, as Aronofsky has a way of making beautiful films that sometimes only pretend to be deep and thoughtfull, while in truth they dress thr blandness of their pseudo-philosophical bull**** in pretty pictures. So its a coin toss with this guy for me. Could be great, could also be a pretentious pseudo-artistic crap.

Well, art is subjective. I love Gravity, but a poster on here had an almost religious experience with the film, and it shook him to the core. I don't see how that's possible...but hey.

Either enjoy the fictional movie, or don't.

Yep. I imagine that atheists in general will avoid it because at first glance it looks like a "Bible movie" and Christians will avoid it because its so wildly divergent from the actual story. I'm guessing it'll be another "Robin Hood" for Crowe and will come and go with no cultural impact to speak of.

It's a miracle that this thread is still open :lol. As a few others have pointed out, whatever happens in this movie, will only scratch the surface of what was actually described in scriptures. The Bible describes some very awful things that lead to the flood - things that I personally would not want to see.

funny-jesus-noah-guy-meme.jpg

Back