Noah

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But from a believers perspective the bible isn't a fiction title where some changes were made. Noah turning to fallen angels to help build the arc is beyond ridiculous.

11166769_800.jpg

Just think of this as a fictionalized version of the Genesis account. To be honest, if they stayed true to Scripture, there's not enough for a movie to be made. Things needed to be added and changed. However, they went a bit too far and I see it as an alternate account just as Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter is an alternate account of Abraham Lincoln's life.

I am not for one surprised they changed as much as they did. If you don't like it, don't watch it.

occulum said:
How is it possible for a fallen angel to even exist?

They're called demons. Can't answer your other questions about it because the Bible doesn't shed much light on it. I've learned it's best to focus on what the Bible says rather than what it doesn't say. Does knowing the dynamics between Satan and God, Demons and Angels, Hell and Heaven affect my Salvation? Not really. Jesus is the focus wherever you look and that's what is important to the reader.

I guess Ive always looked at heaven differently and thought if it to be absent of sin / evil. Which has then made be question the idea of free will existing there.

The Bible makes it clear that in the future there will be an eternity of no sin in heaven but it has been there in the past. Hence Satan and his angels being cast out of it.

I know right? Villains are "always" changed into heroes when adapting something to the screen. Remember when HYDRA made the supersoldier serum for Steve? Or like when Loki forged Mjolnir and gave it to Thor. The Ringraiths defending Helm's Deep. Brody hitching a ride home on friendly Bruce the shark. These are the types of changes that are always made so people should definitely relax.

The examples you give are completely different and when the Word of God is concerned,God says this

Revelation 22:18-19 "For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:
And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book."

maybe the fallen angels are helping in an attempt at redemption?
A lesson in forgiveness?

There is NO redemption for FALLEN Angels..their fate is Eternal Hell

Matthew 25:41 "Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:"

How is it possible for a fallen angel to even exist? I guess heaven is not free of sin after all?

Sin didn't enter in until Man fell....Satan rebelled against God and took a 1/3 of heaven with him

They're called demons.

Fallen Angels and Demons are not the same

Demons are disembodied spirits of the Giants (there have no resurrection)

Fallen Angels are Devils- workers for Satan

The Bible makes it clear that in the future there will be an eternity of no sin in heaven

Yep! The believer will be fully redeemed and truely FREE from Sin

I would've never thought Satan has the power to "take" anything from God. Let alone 1/3 of heaven.

I would've never thought Satan has the power to "take" anything from God. Let alone 1/3 of heaven.

Satan was the highest of All Angels (he was a annointed Cherub)

God created Satan as one of the highest and most beautiful angels.He was created a MUSICAL creature (and apparently he was given a Free Will) but he was also filled with PRIDE and was jealous of His Creator.

Ezekiel 28:13 "Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created."

Satan has taken no power whatsoever from God...He was defeated at the Cross of Calvary through the shedding blood of the Lord Jesus Christ

The angles of heaven HAD free will at that time. The 1/3 chose to follow Satan of their own free will.

Ezekiel 28:13 "Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created."

its lines like this that cause conflict within my idea of who my "God" is and what the Bible teaches. (or should teach)
It makes no sense for anything in the Bible to hold any material possession in high regard or important to our lives. "the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold..." are all nothing but junk when compared to Us, his children. We are the treasure of the earth.
Its many things like this that make it seem to me the Bible has possibly been tainted. Holding earthly possessions and rare minerals in high regard is something only Man would teach.
Jesus Christ would never go around giving gifts of gold and precious stones He would care NOTHING about any of the above mentioned. His main focus would be love and feeding and clothing each an every one of God's children and all of us living together as equals in peace.

Still looking forward to this film. I've only seen one movie in theaters this year. This may be my second....:monkey1 ...
EDIT: duh ... doesn't come out this year :lol

Last edited:
its lines like this that cause conflict within my idea of who my "God" is and what the Bible teaches. (or should teach)
It makes no sense for anything in the Bible to hold any material possession in high regard or important to our lives. "the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold..." are all nothing but junk when compared to Us, his children. We are the treasure of the earth.
Its many things like this that make it seem to me the Bible has possibly been tainted. Holding earthly possessions and rare minerals in high regard is something only Man would teach.
Jesus Christ would never go around giving gifts of gold and precious stones He would care NOTHING about any of the above mentioned. His main focus would be love and feeding and clothing each an every one of God's children and all of us living together as equals in peace.

Still looking forward to this film. I've only seen one movie in theaters this year. This may be my second....:monkey1 ...

You totally mis-understood...

Satan was created a Musical creature...that verse was describing how he was created "the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created."

Read the entire chapter to see the full context

Most likely a reference to lights. Not actual gems.

I kind of figured I was misinterpreting that specific story.
Can you tell i have an issue with anything in the Bible that references a material object as valuable other than necessities for daily life? :lol
It made my rant run in the slightly wrong direction, but I still stand by the overall idea.

Wasn't that the point in Eden we had everything and didn't realise it, satan tricked them with a lie into thinking there was more and thus they accepted the lie and fell?

John 3:16 is the only truth any Christian needs to follow. No way anyone can misinterpret that.

Let's not, but say we did.

Anyway, this thread has turned into a cluster****. Either enjoy the fictional movie, or don't. No adaptation of any story is a hundred percent accurate. Let them take liberties. Who cares. It's a movie.

Back