No int. shipment discount anymore?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spawn_de

Super Freak
Reaction score
We are still discounting ALL our international shipments by an average of 40-50%

Dear sideshowMike,

the current shipping quote for the Gimli Maquette is about 100$ for a delivery to germany, which is 4times more a paid for shipping for my Bucky Barnes PF and 2,5times more I paid for my Beast Comiquette.

So doesn't sideshow discounting int. shipments for now and in the future anymore?

Please give me an answer here, because this will have an impact on my
direct orders in the future. With such high shipping costs and their negative effect on the taxes, I will order only the REGs from EU stores from now on.

if this is true than I won't order a lot from SSC anymore... that fable that they had to change the harmonize codes was over it but if they're indeed charging more for the shipping as well plus the fact that the quality isn't guaranteed anymore...

bye bye SSC :wave

----
ps:
I haven't received a shipping quote for a while now so I have yet to see if it's more than usual...

My Destroyer was shipped the other day to the UK for $25.

Not sure and hopefully they'll give an answer. I know that i'll stop buying if the shipping was going to be that high though. :lecture

There's also another issue with the Templar's Verdict PF.
People who already pre-ordered it received an item arrival letter with a shipping quote about 127$.
If I order the statue from ther site "now" the calculated shipping costs are 47$

Not sure and hopefully they'll give an answer. I know that i'll stop buying if the shipping was going to be that high though. :lecture

:exactly: , i'm out too if they start asking such high shipping prices but the sad thing is i have a bunch of preorders and if i cancel them i loose all my NRD's :slap:slap

Hi All,

Questions like these are always best asked to our Customer Service department directly (by using any of the contact information in my footer) as answers may take a little while to be answered through the forum.

In regards to the recent Gimli ship quotes, it was discovered that due to territory changes within Fedex, estimated ship quotes sent to many international customers were in fact incorrect (and potentially much higher then they should actually be). You can expect an updated ship quote sent to you via email by the end of this week.

If you have any further questions regarding specific orders, ship quotes, and such, please do contact our Customer Service department and they'll be able to help you out!

Thanks!

-SideshowAlex

How come shipping within US and Internationally is about the same price ? Shipping to East Coast should be cheaper than Russia.

if this is true than I won't order a lot from SSC anymore... that fable that they had to change the harmonize codes was over it but if they're indeed charging more for the shipping as well plus the fact that the quality isn't guaranteed anymore...

bye bye SSC :wave

Will be the same here. If true

:exactly: , i'm out too if they start asking such high shipping prices but the sad thing is i have a bunch of preorders and if i cancel them i loose all my NRD's :slap:slap

If there policies change from time of order to toime of shipping then they shouldn't not refund you as the agreement was in place at time of ordering.

How come shipping within US and Internationally is about the same price ? Shipping to East Coast should be cheaper than Russia.

Cos Americans get perks such as Free Domestic Shipping and no taxes to pay and International customers have to pay much more, so SSC had a standard $25 shipping in order to keep international customers.

If this is true, SSC should've sent an E-Mail to all International customers alerting them to the change in policy. :lecture

If this is true, SSC should've sent an E-Mail to all International customers alerting them to the change in policy. :lecture

you mean like they did with the harmonize codes? (read: not) :mad:
I still don't believe their statement that Fedex made them do it... even contacted Fedex and they said that the old code was correct and didn't need to be changed :gah: haven't had a single one with a correct description so far and it's giving me problems with my insurance...

you mean like they did with the harmonize codes? (read: not) :mad:
I still don't believe their statement that Fedex made them do it... even contacted Fedex and they said that the old code was correct and didn't need to be changed :gah: haven't had a single one with a correct description so far and it's giving me problems with my insurance...

If that is true then why would SSC change it? they were using the other code and just changed it for no reason? it doesn't even benefit them so i'm guessing they were told to change it. It is a shame though because i went from 5% tax to 20% :monkey4 :gah:

If that is true then why would SSC change it? they were using the other code and just changed it for no reason? it doesn't even benefit them so i'm guessing they were told to change it. It is a shame though because i went from 5% tax to 20% :monkey4 :gah:

what I'm thinking is that they got a inspection and that they used the old code for both statues and hot toys. Now, hot toys, for a non-collector, can be viewed as toys or dolls (which is one of the descriptions of the new code). So I'm thinking that they indeed needed to change to the new code but only for the items like hot toys
but instead of doing so, they changed it for everything that we order from them :gah: this is also what my Fedex rep told me
when I had this 'discussion' with one of SSC reps, they were really rude and going around in circles and never really answered my simple question:
why did you change the code for everything while it doesn't apply to the stuff we order (namely PFs)
they kept saying that Fedex told them so but when I said that Fedex denies telling this for everything they just keep on singing the same song over and over again

I just looked at the code & description for the Sideshow Destroyer maquette and Hot Toy Iron Man MK V and this is what my invoice says.

Destroyer maquette Code: B 9503.00.9990 model for entertainment made of polystone.

Hot Toys Iron man Code: A 9503.00.0000 Dolls, other toys, scale model.

So both different on my UK invoice and both get taxed at 20%. are your codes the same for Statue and Hot toys?

it's the first 4 (or 6?) numbers that says what tax has to be applied, the other numbers are for sub categories

I E-Mailed SSC and got this response from Jaclyn...

"Dear ######,

Thank you for taking the time to contact our Customer Service Department.

Please know Sideshow will continue to offer discounted shipping rates for our International collectors. The estimated shipping costs for both your orders TB###### & TB###### will be $25.00. I am not sure what information is being posted on the forum, however, it is not accurate"

So there it is, weight lifted for me :yess:

Back