Nintendo Wii-U

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you guys aren't playing Rayman Legends Challenges, then you're really missing out! This game is fun as hell! And free!!!! A new challenge gets added every day, and Ubisoft says that will continue until the full release of Rayman Legends. This is a bit more than the "demo" many of us were expecting it to be.

Also, the new firmware update seems to make the Wii U usable! :panic: I can click the Miiverse button now and not have to check Twitter while I wait for Miiverse to load! :yess: :lol

To me it sounds like they don't have **** to show and are bowing out to attempt to save face.

I'm still kinda shocked at how they thought the Wii-U was a good idea (hardly any marketing, name that is more or less indistinguishable from the Wii to alot of non-gamers).

They got lucky with the Wii imo and many people just went gaga over average motion controls before they realized it was actually pretty naff and it was left to rot and gather dust.

I find it funny that Nintendo knows everyone loves Earthbound, yet they don't bother making a sequel.

Thank God for that. Everything seems to get the milking machine strapped on its utters the moment someone notices they can make a buck off it. There's a bunch of time stamped reasons that game has the charm it does from the graphics to the music. Earthbound 2 from 2013 and beyond should never happen.

I find it weird it takes them so long to make their main games. Something like Zelda or a real Mario game I can understand. But Mario Kart and SSB really don't take that much time and work

I find it weird it takes them so long to make their main games. Something like Zelda or a real Mario game I can understand. But Mario Kart and SSB really don't take that much time and work

I don't know how long a game like that takes to develop, but given Nintendo's history, it makes sense. They know that people buy their hardware to play their software, so it's probably best to stagger the releases a bit for maximum effect.

Well, the graphics aren't difficult to make, and they cut a ton of time out of the development time since they don't have to concept an entirely new game since they're mostly the same as previous iterations.

If they had one of those types of games ready at launch they would have put it out, it's a matter that they didn't plan well. Pikmin 3 would have been that type of game, if it had come out when they wanted. But they made a mistake in not starting development on their main projects until around when the console got released.

They should have released a major game at launch and then release another within a year, there's nothing that's going to draw people to want to buy the console. Even Pikmin 3 is not the greatest choice considering the last game in that series was 10 years ago and today's audience has never heard of it.

Woke up with Nintendo thumb today. I think I may have been hitting the Rayman Legends Challenges a bit hard lately. Nobody else here is playing it?

So the update today has included the new Virtual Console stuff, I see that Super Mario World is available for 7.99, strike that SALE for 1.50, is this the upgrade from my original Virtual Console Game I bought on the Wii, just able to play it on the Game Pad, or we have to rebuy all of these? Im a little confused on how this works and really dont want to spend the money without knowing for sure.

So the update today has included the new Virtual Console stuff, I see that Super Mario World is available for 7.99, strike that SALE for 1.50, is this the upgrade from my original Virtual Console Game I bought on the Wii, just able to play it on the Game Pad, or we have to rebuy all of these? Im a little confused on how this works and really dont want to spend the money without knowing for sure.

If you've already bought Super Mario World on the Wii (and transferred all your Wii purchases to your Wii U), then your price is going to be $1.50 (this will be highlighted by the red "sale" tag). If you have not previously purchased that game, then your price (for SNES games) is going to be $7.99.

You can always choose to pay nothing, and still be able to play your game in Wii mode, but without the new Wii U features.

Rumor is that the same offer will be made for 3DS Virtual Console content. I hope that comes true sooner rather than later.

If you've already bought Super Mario World on the Wii (and transferred all your Wii purchases to your Wii U), then your price is going to be $1.50 (this will be highlighted by the red "sale" tag). If you have not previously purchased that game, then your price (for SNES games) is going to be $7.99.

You can always choose to pay nothing, and still be able to play your game in Wii mode, but without the new Wii U features.

Rumor is that the same offer will be made for 3DS Virtual Console content. I hope that comes true sooner rather than later.

Ok I got it now. Thanks!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

I have to check the VC update because at launch I tried to copy the 3 measly games I have on Wii VC and failed miserably.

So Kabuki, the Rayman downloads are sections of the upcoming game?

You get 3 levels from the final game (these are the same levels from the previous demo) plus new challenge levels. I think the plan is to move the challenges to the full game once that is released, but I haven't heard anything official on that.

The challenges are brutal and addicting! Every day, a new challenge gets added, and at the end of the day, players are awarded "cups" based on how they placed in the challenge. Challenges vary between point collection, speed run, and distance run. So if you don't like today's challenge, you can come back tomorrow and hopefully find something more your speed.

I can't stop gushing about the challenges app, I've put a ridiculous time into it already and it's free! I hope Nintendo is taking notes for Mario...

TANK! TANK! TANK! is now free to play on the eShop. This means you can download it for free and download dlc as you want it rather than buy the whole game at $60. This is a game I was really looking forward to before launch but shied away after poor reviews. Definitely checking it out now! It's about 1.5 GB, so you'll need a Wii U Deluxe or a hard drive plugged in to make it fit. (Why couldn't we get a real hard drive in this thing, Nintendo?)

Another thing to note: I noticed that it took about a minute or two for my light to go orange after I shut the machine down while downloading something. It made me think it wasn't going to continue the download and install while powered down like described in the firmware update notes, but it eventually started working. Just thought I'd throw that out there in case anybody is wondering why their light goes red after a power down. Wait a minute or two, and it should go orange indicating the download is resuming.

Hey guys the other day I was playing my only wii u game new super mario bros and noticed the b button on the gamepad is loose and wobbling, the button corresponds to taps in game, should I be concerned and contact Nintendo to get it repaired.

Hey guys the other day I was playing my only wii u game new super mario bros and noticed the b button on the gamepad is loose and wobbling, the button corresponds to taps in game, should I be concerned and contact Nintendo to get it repaired.

Doesn't hurt to call Nintendo, they have the best customer support in the business! If you have to send it in, you'll be without your Wii U for a while though. <insert joke about the Wii U not having any games here>

Waiting for E3 and hoping for a price drop on this system :pray: I need mario kart and the new 3d mario. Plus Wind Waker HD and I read about a cross over between Shin Megami and fire emblem :panic:

Back