Media NINTENDO SWITCH (new console)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Skyrim released today. Anyone here have it? Thoughts?

Well,it's Skyrim. Great port which is a buggy and glitchy game, a charm of that game. $60 is kinda high but it's including all DLC, so quite value there. Have really interesting motion control features, lockpicking is become interesting joycons mini game. If you never play Skyrim, just buy it.

Seriously though, I am impressed portable device can run Skyrim quite perfectly.

23467323_10155937751653854_6726997224638448448_o.jpg

That looks awesome!

Theres a buy 1 get 1 50% off at Toys R Us right now, its for all video games including Nintendo switch games. Only gonna last for 2 days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've just purchased a switch for my kids for Christmas and I am getting Mario Odyssey and Mario Kart. My son is 11 but I'm a little worried that Odyssey may be a little beyond the grasp of my 6 (almost 7 year old) daughter.

Any other game suggestions?

I've just purchased a switch for my kids for Christmas and I am getting Mario Odyssey and Mario Kart. My son is 11 but I'm a little worried that Odyssey may be a little beyond the grasp of my 6 (almost 7 year old) daughter.

I wouldn't worry about it. I let my daughter start playing it (she is 8 and had only played mario kart before this) and with just a touch of help she was up and running (and jumping!). Then her 4 yr old brother watched her and wanted to do it (only having played mario kart as well) and he was able to jump in and do really well also.

Assist mode here helps a lot as there is an arrow to help with the main objectives, more life for mario, and not instant death when you fall off somewhere. Then it was just a bit of nudging to get them to explore on their own to get enough moons to get to the next part and they have been having A LOT of fun with it. I was honestly really surprised.

As far as other suggestions. My kids have also fell in love with Lego City Undercover. I originally picked this up and played it on the WiiU for me, but then on the Switch my daughter was off school and she thought it looked fun when I showed her a video. Yeaaah....they both love this one as well. Also next to zero punishment for them on failure, just had to help them past one or two spots. It's crazy how fast they pick it up and figure it out :).

I wouldn't worry about it. I let my daughter start playing it (she is 8 and had only played mario kart before this) and with just a touch of help she was up and running (and jumping!). Then her 4 yr old brother watched her and wanted to do it (only having played mario kart as well) and he was able to jump in and do really well also.

Assist mode here helps a lot as there is an arrow to help with the main objectives, more life for mario, and not instant death when you fall off somewhere. Then it was just a bit of nudging to get them to explore on their own to get enough moons to get to the next part and they have been having A LOT of fun with it. I was honestly really surprised.

As far as other suggestions. My kids have also fell in love with Lego City Undercover. I originally picked this up and played it on the WiiU for me, but then on the Switch my daughter was off school and she thought it looked fun when I showed her a video. Yeaaah....they both love this one as well. Also next to zero punishment for them on failure, just had to help them past one or two spots. It's crazy how fast they pick it up and figure it out :).

Awesome, thank you mate I appreciate it. I'll stick with just those 2 games for now.

You'll be surprised. She should be fine with Mario Odyssey.

The beauty of Kart and Odyssey is that they're very hard to master but very easy to pick up and have fun with. If you decide to use possession rarely or not at all, and rely on weird platforming to get where you want to go, Odyssey quickly becomes one of the most challenging 3D platformers in a long time. But you can also just say no to all that, turn on Assist mode, and it becomes fine for kids. And you can tell, from the hidden coins placed around the map, that Nintendo fully expected people to try both. Smart design choices.

I'm eating crow.

This is now my favorite console in like, ever. Yeah, it doesn't look as great as the other consoles, but I have a monster of a PC that leaves those to shame anyway.

This console is juts fun, and I'm enjoying games I never played before (LA Noire, DOOM) while also getting ports that exist on other consoles (FIFA, WWE) and appreciating masterpieces like Zelda, Mario and the almighty Mario Kart. I bought 3 Pro Controllers and I actually find the handheld mode quite enjoyable too. Playing LA Noire before going to bed is amazing.

Kudos to Nintendo form making wicked **** like this. I will support the hell out of this system.

Now, if Rockstar ports RDR, holy ****.

I think if Rockstar ported anything it'd be GTAV, which they should totally go for--if it ran on PS3 it can run on Switch

I thought that at first, but even with Doom or LA Noire or Skyrim, wouldn't GTA push it? Not graphically, I mean the whole "Nintendo is for kids but we can make some exceptions" type of deal.....

A handheld GTA V or even IV is welcome IMO.

They should.
Nintendo needs to continue increasing the library of games on the Switch. It'll let more developers know that the Switch is worthy of their time and a good investment.

Their recent ads targeting more young adults gives me hope. I'd love to see GTA come to the Switch.

A port of Nioh would be insane.

But man, RDR is technically capable of running here, and it would make RS zillions.

I'd play RDR all over again and pay for the privilege too, lol. Although the PS3 and 360 versions were pretty choppy in places.

Back