Media NINTENDO SWITCH (new console)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got to ask: what is it that makes Nintendo products like crack to consumers, everywhere? I grew up playing their games on the NES, N64, and beyond, and I will always have an appreciation for Mario, Zelda, Donkey Kong, and the like, but is that it? Do they just coast off of the nostalgia factor and brand recognition, because I'm always puzzled by how, not to sound like an ass hole, but technologically inferior they are to competitors, and yet, they consistently manage to have huge hype surrounding their products. I realize that might sound like an indictment or me ******** on Nintendo, but it's genuine curiosity, I assure you.

Same here bud. I don't understand the hype for Nintendo either. They don't offer to much at all imo. Not to sound rude but I want more out of them

Their big first party games get great reviews despite being on inferior hardware.

I never understand how they always get great reviews. The likes of COD get slated for repeatedly regurgitating things year in, year out. Mario has done that for nearly 30 years. Mario Kart is almost the same as it was 10 years ago. Nothing progresses with Mario.

I loved Sunshine and Galaxy though, but it is like Zelda. I dont get it but I guess thats because I never had an N64.

I think Nintendo stopped trying to top the performance bar set by Sony/Microsoft a long time ago.

For me though, it's def about the nostalgia. I want the next Mario, Zelda, Metroid, etc.

I can't get that from Sony or Microsoft. And I don't mind paying a premium for it.

The Wii U disappointed me so much that I avoided it all together, so I was eager for this.

What's everyone's opinion on downloading games instead of buying the cartridges?

Everytime a new system comes out, I say I'm going all digital, but I couldn't do that with Zelda, but I may for the rest.

I prefer physical copy. Only buy digital if there is no physical option.
Overall, if you don't intend to sell, then digital is much more convenient. I have the same issue though, I have a hard time not buying physical, atleast in terms of Nintendo Published games. I can't imagine if all of my steam games were physical it'd be a huge pain in the ass to switch discs all the time and I'd have no room in my house at all with near 700 games. I think most people just buy physical because they retain their value forever. I bought the MH4U LE N3DSXL and I actually love having it at my fingertips at all times, but the collector in me still wants a physical copy of the game.

Digital enables them to overprice. Problem is cartridges never seem to lose value either. If you look at 3DS games like Pokemon, they are almost asmuch preowned as they are brand new. So we might see the trend of cartridges holding value.

The other issue is how expensive the games are. Zelda is priced at £59.99/$73 while 1..2...Switch is £39.99/$49. Mario Kart is priced at £49.99/$60. Its crazy how the games are all so differently priced. Ontop of that, Mario Kart 8 deluxe is a port of a 3 year old game with bits added like a few courses and characters. I wouldnt pay more than £30 for it like I didnt Skyrim or Return to Arkham but its a penny off £50!

My brain just doesnt comprehend the Nintendo fan logic of defending the launch lineup and the console itself as a must buy.

Digital enables them to overprice. Problem is cartridges never seem to lose value either. If you look at 3DS games like Pokemon, they are almost asmuch preowned as they are brand new. So we might see the trend of cartridges holding value.

The other issue is how expensive the games are. Zelda is priced at £59.99/$73 while 1..2...Switch is £39.99/$49. Mario Kart is priced at £49.99/$60. Its crazy how the games are all so differently priced. Ontop of that, Mario Kart 8 deluxe is a port of a 3 year old game with bits added like a few courses and characters. I wouldnt pay more than £30 for it like I didnt Skyrim or Return to Arkham but its a penny off £50!

My brain just doesnt comprehend the Nintendo fan logic of defending the launch lineup and the console itself as a must buy.

For me, it's just I want something new. My PS4 collects dust, and I'd rather get back to the Nintendo side of things.

I'm starting to agree with everyone about the cartridges. I think I'll stick with physical for now.

I'm watching the Nintendo Treehouse event for the first time....1,2 Switch looks horrible. I guess there's something out there for everyone, but this is the type of stuff Nintendo needs to ditch in favor of investing in other titles that fans know and love like Star Fox or Metroid.

I'm watching Angry Joe's thoughts on the Nintendo presentation...

You guys have to watch his thoughts on 1,2 Switch....:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

kxuccz9zfanrujcravir.gif

I'm really tempted to buy the Switch just for Zelda... It's basically in the range of a Hot Toys figure for a new console. Hmmmm.

For me, it's just I want something new. My PS4 collects dust, and I'd rather get back to the Nintendo side of things.

I'm starting to agree with everyone about the cartridges. I think I'll stick with physical for now.

You know what, my PS4 is collecting dust too and I even sold my Xbox One. Ive found this generation to be really boring. Uncharted 4, Arkham Knight, MGSV, Division, The Crew, Dead Rising 3 and 4 just to name a few have all been disapointing for me. The only game this year im interested in is RE7.

Of course it depends on what you like, I think they've done OK but for Xbox I haven't had a lot of reason to buy games for it. With console exclusives I buy for PS4, most Xbox exclusives are also on PC so there's only a few games I have for it. There's a lot of games to play these days.

I'm probably going to cancel the games I ordered at Gamestop today and get them at Best Buy with the Gamer's Club discount.

Not sure if it has been said but if you have a gamersclub discount membership you can get an additional 25$ off your total price if you use visa checkout. You need to purchase two games and then add something that's 5$. In this case I added an amibo that I wanted.

So I purchased zelda, mario odyssey, and the new zelda amibo and paid 91$ after tax for everything.

If you play a lot of games or purchase accessories the gamersclub is great. I was also able to get the other amibos in the breath of wild line for a total of 59$ after tax.

What's everyone's opinion on downloading games instead of buying the cartridges?

Everytime a new system comes out, I say I'm going all digital, but I couldn't do that with Zelda, but I may for the rest.

Physical for sure. I always trade my games in or sell them on ebay to try and make some money back to use towards my next game.

Legend of Zelda launches....

MARCH 3RD, 2017

The wait is almost over.

The trailer looks beautiful.

I think Zelda just sold me.

The trailer was amazing. From start to finish with the music, scenes they choose, voices, and then the feels with Zelda crying. I've re watched it like 20 times already lol. I have everything PO'd but I can't play the game until 3/11 : /

Back