Media NINTENDO SWITCH (new console)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Zelda is also on the WiiU though

I mean they could've came out with a 3D remake of Link to the Past or something else

I honestly never bought the Nintendo systems for nothing more than their 1st party games. Even my WiiU I only have mario and zelda games for. Nintendo's first party games are always top notch and I have no doubt that this won't be any different. I will eventually get this system but having the new zelda on WiiU can make me wait a year or two for the switch.

I'm really glad I decided to stay up all night last night. Managed to grab a Switch and a BotW Special Edition off Amazon. I could have gotten the Master edition, but I really don't need another statue haha

My only issue with the press conference is that they didn't give any detail other than the price and release date. No info on the kind of power this system will have or online features or anything , really. :(

The only thing that got my attention was Mario, but that's to be expected. Mario never disappoints. Same with Zelda. I need to see more games.

32gb hard drive. Cartidges. 720p undocked running about 0.4 terraflops. About 0.9 teraflops docked and 900p is what I read. Compared to 1.3 teraflops of the Xbone and 1.8 teraflops from the standard PS4. The Pro has 4.2 and the Scorpio is rumored to be 6.0 terraflops. All of that doesnt makes little sense of the jargon to me to be honest, this is what I got off google.

Personally though I think its utterly rubbish. My 7 year old said the same, he would rather play his PS2 or PS3 I gave him. 3rd party support will be dire. Im bored of repetative Mario games. I never liked Dragon Quest. Monster Hunter has become boring. Id love a new side scroll Kirby. The worst thing is that Zelda should be a console selling title. It's not; its still coming to Wii U!!! Theres zero incentive to buy a Switch in my view.

Its £280. Add £65 for a pro controller. Add £15 for a screen protector. Add £20 for a carry case. Thats £370 BEFORE a single game at £50. Zelda is £60!!! Its unbelieveable. We are halfway through this generation. We have had the unprecedented release mid cycle of upgraded consoles which we never had before to bring in UHD 4K HDR. Nintendo barely make 1080p. Its just unbelieveable.

Worst thing is, I have zero use for gaming on the go. I drive. I never use public transport. When I play games my wife and kid are in bed, Ive got a nice hot pizza, pint of whatever, lights are off, my feet are up and im fully immersed for 3 or 4 hours.

32gb hard drive. Cartidges. 720p undocked running about 0.4 terraflops. About 0.9 teraflops docked and 900p is what I read. Compared to 1.3 teraflops of the Xbone and 1.8 teraflops from the standard PS4. The Pro has 4.2 and the Scorpio is rumored to be 6.0 terraflops. All of that doesnt makes little sense of the jargon to me to be honest, this is what I got off google.

Personally though I think its utterly rubbish. My 7 year old said the same, he would rather play his PS2 or PS3 I gave him. 3rd party support will be dire. Im bored of repetative Mario games. I never liked Dragon Quest. Monster Hunter has become boring. Id love a new side scroll Kirby. The worst thing is that Zelda should be a console selling title. It's not; its still coming to Wii U!!! Theres zero incentive to buy a Switch in my view.

Its £280. Add £65 for a pro controller. Add £15 for a screen protector. Add £20 for a carry case. Thats £370 BEFORE a single game at £50. Zelda is £60!!! Its unbelieveable. We are halfway through this generation. We have had the unprecedented release mid cycle of upgraded consoles which we never had before to bring in UHD 4K HDR. Nintendo barely make 1080p. Its just unbelieveable.

Worst thing is, I have zero use for gaming on the go. I drive. I never use public transport. When I play games my wife and kid are in bed, Ive got a nice hot pizza, pint of whatever, lights are off, my feet are up and im fully immersed for 3 or 4 hours.

Exactly. Agree with all of it bro.

Nintendo is setting this up for failure once again.
This machine needs to kick butt when it's docked. It's output is only 900P? I think I'm misunderstanding something...

Anyway, we all know it's really about the games.
That said, where was the console exclusive Metroid, Donkey Kong, Zelda, etc games for the Wii U? No wonder it failed. Nintendo didn't give it the games it needed.
Now, here we are with their next release. Switch. Yes it has more 3rd party support, but developers are able to do more with the hardware of the other consoles. Same old story.

This thing needs a lot of 1st party games and console exclusive games to survive. The portability function of the Switch has a very good chance of losing its appeal, especially with such poor battery life. After a while people won't even bother. They'll play it at home like a regular console.

So, after everyone is done playing Breath of the Wild, what will you play next?

You'll probably go right back to your Xbox or PS. I know that's what I'll be doing when I'm done because it won't be until Fall when the next big game I want is suppose to be ready.

So can this still be pre-ordered anywhere? :lol

The hype train is in full effect. Well done, Nintendo. Well done.

Welllll I got my preorder at GameStop this morning. I went with the neon buttons.

I missed out on the Master Edition for Zelda, but I was able to get the $99 bundle. Hopefully it goes back up soon.

Congrats, bro! :rock

I'm so just freakin' hyped about this thing. It's definitely not perfect. But it's new and promising....and not the Wii U. :lol

Amazon sending out update emails that Master Editions will indeed arrive on March 3rd.

Almost puked when I saw the subject line....thought they were canceling my order. : /

Amazon sending out update emails that Master Editions will indeed arrive on March 3rd.

Almost puked when I saw the subject line....thought they were canceling my order. : /

Haha, I bet. I'm planning on waiting outside my local Best Buy since they're pretty good with getting extra stock for collectors editions. I somehow managed to get one of the PipBoys there when Fallout 4 came out.

It's dumfounding how 1 2 Switch and Arms aren't pack-in games. I feel like those will be shelf-warmers, unless the casual audience has anything to say about it.

I've got to ask: what is it that makes Nintendo products like crack to consumers, everywhere? I grew up playing their games on the NES, N64, and beyond, and I will always have an appreciation for Mario, Zelda, Donkey Kong, and the like, but is that it? Do they just coast off of the nostalgia factor and brand recognition, because I'm always puzzled by how, not to sound like an ass hole, but technologically inferior they are to competitors, and yet, they consistently manage to have huge hype surrounding their products. I realize that might sound like an indictment or me ******** on Nintendo, but it's genuine curiosity, I assure you.

Oh, man. That Zelda game. :drool

Hate to get a system for one game. Passed on the last Zelda, but the hype train is in full effect!

Kinda Iffy on whether or not I need this at release, definitely going to buy it eventually, but I already have a Wii U and the only killer app on the system atm is Zelda imo, which I am hyped AF for but, I can play it on my Wii U. I pre-ordered at EB anyways, figured it'd be easier to cancel one than try and track one down on launch day. I'll probably make my decision by the end of the month. I got an invite to the Switch event in Toronto, I'm going on the 28th in the time window 10:00-1:30. If Arms and Splatoon 2 impress me then I may keep the PO, otherwise, I'll probably just wait until the holiday season and hopefully there'll be a bundle for Black Friday or maybe an LE console for SM Odyssey.

I'm probably going to cancel the games I ordered at Gamestop today and get them at Best Buy with the Gamer's Club discount. Sooo many of these Switch games are overpriced.

Kinda Iffy on whether or not I need this at release, definitely going to buy it eventually, but I already have a Wii U and the only killer app on the system atm is Zelda imo, which I am hyped AF for but, I can play it on my Wii U. I pre-ordered at EB anyways, figured it'd be easier to cancel one than try and track one down on launch day. I'll probably make my decision by the end of the month. I got an invite to the Switch event in Toronto, I'm going on the 28th in the time window 10:00-1:30. If Arms and Splatoon 2 impress me then I may keep the PO, otherwise, I'll probably just wait until the holiday season and hopefully there'll be a bundle for Black Friday or maybe an LE console for SM Odyssey.

It seems like a good console to own in 2018.

And Matticus, go for the new Muario gaym. Iz good.

I'm probably going to cancel the games I ordered at Gamestop today and get them at Best Buy with the Gamer's Club discount. Sooo many of these Switch games are overpriced.

It seems like a good console to own in 2018.

And Matticus, go for the new Muario. Iz good.
OMG who in their right mind would pay $200 CAD for the Master edition!!! It's insane how gauged that price is, practically a $30 markup, and the sword looks like complete ass, the one Reggie had on treehouse today was literally bent, it's about as sturdy as an amiibo sword lol. Also the price for the accessories are pretty steep. $90 for a pro controller. $100 for a set of joycons. $40 for a charging grip. It'll be an expensive system in the long run, I don't doubt they have more peripherals in the pipeline that'll cost astronomical amounts. (All the prices I'm referring to here are CAD, not complaining about the conversion (except the master edition) just the prices overall) I mean most ps4 and XBONE controllers go for $75 a piece in Canada, and $50 when they're on sale. I just can't fathom $90 for a controller. It better be a damn fine controller I guess.

I've got to ask: what is it that makes Nintendo products like crack to consumers, everywhere? I grew up playing their games on the NES, N64, and beyond, and I will always have an appreciation for Mario, Zelda, Donkey Kong, and the like, but is that it? Do they just coast off of the nostalgia factor and brand recognition, because I'm always puzzled by how, not to sound like an ass hole, but technologically inferior they are to competitors, and yet, they consistently manage to have huge hype surrounding their products. I realize that might sound like an indictment or me ******** on Nintendo, but it's genuine curiosity, I assure you.

It's the nostalgia, but looking at the Wii U that only goes so far. Zelda looks amazing (though of course it'd be better on another console) but the new Mario looks terrible to me.
For this, Zelda is a strong launch title compared to the Wii U but they needed more. 1 2 Switch looks like crap as does Arms, I can't believe how much they're charging for those. They're free or like $10 at best.

It's the nostalgia, but looking at the Wii U that only goes so far. Zelda looks amazing (though of course it'd be better on another console) but the new Mario looks terrible to me.
For this, Zelda is a strong launch title compared to the Wii U but they needed more. 1 2 Switch looks like crap as does Arms, I can't believe how much they're charging for those. They're free or like $10 at best.

I dont think Zelda is a strong launch title when its £20 cheaper on Wii U. They shouldve made it Switch exclusive. Take a hit and charge an extra £20/$30 to bundle it with the console.

I dont think Zelda is a strong launch title when its £20 cheaper on Wii U. They shouldve made it Switch exclusive. Take a hit and charge an extra £20/$30 to bundle it with the console.

The reason why this may not seem practical is because the install user base for the WiiU is roughly

15 million

Nintendo will only ship 2 million Switch units for launch.

Their objective is to sell as many Zelda software as opposed to hardware because that's where they will make majority of their profits

The reason why this may not seem practical is because the install user base for the WiiU is roughly

15 million

Nintendo will only ship 2 million Switch units for launch.

Their objective is to sell as many Zelda software as opposed to hardware because that's where they will make majority of their profits

Ofcourse, the problem is that it still removes any necessity to buy a Switch. Nintendo always strangle supply to purposely sell out and choke the buyers. It makes financial sense for Zelda to be Wii U, but overall for 2018 it effectively kills off one of two arguable console sellers with Mario Odyssey.

In the UK even before the Wii U was no longer in production most supermarkets and game shops didnt sell Wii U consoles and very few sell the games aswell. I can see the Switch being the same. Parents will look at the £320-£340 price tag for the console and one game and run a mile.

I love how its $299 in America but converting £280 is $341. Add Zelda and its $415! Add a pro controller, carry case and a second set of those joysticks and its $627. On the flipside a Xbone S with 2 games, 1tb hard drive and astandard controller and a pro controller is $370. A Ps4 slim is $370 with 2 games and a controller, a Pro is $490 with 2 games and a second controller. All rough conversions using google.

Its crazy.

Back