Media NINTENDO SWITCH (new console)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got the Master Edition through Amazon.

The Switch and Zelda. That's all I need for an exciting launch day. Sure, I could get Zelda on the Wii U, but it's a terrible system. :lol

I am way too late for pre-ordering this console, am I... Damn, I really want one. Although the price is pretty tough: 329 EUR and I kind of want the CE Zelda game making it 440 EUR and I'm not even sure if I can have it on launch day... I'm looking forward to Mario Kart even though I played the original MK8.

Well i instinctively woke up at like midnight last night and checked amazon. Instantly PO'ed. But **** all i didnt know the zelda PO was up. Sheeeeit. I guess ill go to a brick and mortar gamestop today to see if i can PO one. Fuuuuuuu

Nintendo is playing games

This thing will clog shelves ... they are shipping a shortage of supply to hype up this lack luster console

Don't get me wrong it looks cool but 2 games?

7AM preorder... BS

For sure its getting hyped. Even before the thing went up you had so many jouralist sites reporting how limited its gonna be how you shouldn't wait to order one. Etc...

I'm excited. I'm happy I got my PO but i do think it's getting blown out of proportion.

I'm not impressed. Two games at launch day means Nintendo is not ready.
I want Breath of the Wild, Splatoon 2, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, and Mario Odyssey among the games mentioned and only 1 of those will be available in March.

Pre-ordered at Target. If I change my mind, I can easily return it.

I thought the days of pre-ordering and trying to get a console at launch were behind me, LOL.

My only issue with the press conference is that they didn't give any detail other than the price and release date. No info on the kind of power this system will have or online features or anything , really. :(

The only thing that got my attention was Mario, but that's to be expected. Mario never disappoints. Same with Zelda. I need to see more games.

I'm not buying that TLoZ Master Edition though. The European version is a rip-off. I'll use the money for Splatoon 2 & MK8 instead. I'm listed as the first person at my local shop since they only started this afternoon with accepting pre-orders.

Darth Waller, Target has Zelda available for pre-order:

https://www.target.com/p/the-legend-of-zelda-breath-wild-nintendo-switch/-/A-52161264

Not the Special edition, if that's what you're looking for, but you can hedge your bets and pre-order. I pre-ordered and will cancel if I see the Special edition available.

I actually have the system and Zelda preordered there. I did that before Amazon had it. I plan on canceling the system from that order at some point or the whole order if/when I can get Zelda from Amazon.

OK

Best Buy Canada's website preorders happend this morning at 6 AM PST

I could barely keep my eyes open during checkout but I was able to redeem my gift card I had saved up

----

Of course the Collectors Edition of Zelda sold out in seconds on ebgames.ca

So I drove down to my local EB Games at 9:45 and there was about 14 people in line ahead of me

I thought for sure I was gonna walk away without a Zelda Master Sword Edition, but most of the people there thought it was a rip off and only wanted the Switch

I pre-ordered a Neon console for my bro just in case this thing becomes another NES Classic scenario.

Gonna watch the buzz feed videos on this console but I was a bit shocked that this console only has 2 games on launch... this reminds me of the Gamecube / N64 days (which was not good).

I'd take one great launch game than a system with a bunch of games on launch that aren't remembered years later.

Back