Ninja Turtles License Acquired!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just think there are a lot of people who know them from the movies and TV shows, and then some from the comics where they had their own colors, and then a hardcore group that know they were all red originally. I had absolutely no idea about that until tonight. They are really trying to appeal to a very select group of people with this approach.

Playmates definitely owns the rights to the multi-colored headband look, and while the movie is a bit closer to the comics I'm pretty sure 'Mates owns the right to that as well. So similar to Neca's product I'm certain SSC was only left with the Turtles' comic appearances, which I kinda dig in their own respects.

Playmates definitely owns the rights to the multi-colored headband look, and while the movie is a bit closer to the comics I'm pretty sure 'Mates owns the right to that as well. So similar to Neca's product I'm certain SSC was only left with the Turtles' comic appearances, which I kinda dig in their own respects.

That's my guess--that they could only get the rights to do the original comic versions.

I'm beyond excited that they are the comic inspired Turtles. Although from the works in progress the bodies are too thick and the necks are not thin enough. From looking at the rough sculpture I'd think it was from the cartoon not from the comics. The drawing captured it great but the in process sculpt lost a lot of that.

I'm beyond excited that they are the comic inspired Turtles. Although from the works in progress the bodies are too thick and the necks are not thin enough. From looking at the rough sculpture I'd think it was from the cartoon not from the comics. The drawing captured it great but the in process sculpt lost a lot of that.

That's what struck me as well... NECA's figures seem closer to the original comic style. The Donatello WIP looks like the cartoon, which is odd since the drawing they show seems more like the comic.

A good balance act for Sideshow (if the license allowed it) would be to offer an exclusive switch out head with the cartoon color bandana. Or I guess if you have any ability with a brush you could always make the change yourself.

I'd also say a limited edition B&W of each is almost a guarantee.

They should make the regular ones with different color bandanas, but release sideshow exclusives with the red bandanas for each of em. That way they please the comic fans, the fans of the show who grew up with it, and also maximize thier profit. Its a win win. Whatever they decide on im very excited for these..

I hate when character rights overlap. No good ever comes of it....

I was pumped to see these today and I can't wait for all 4 of them. I just got a comic con original print signed by Eastman today and it will go nicely above these. Also I don't know if this had been said but at the panel they said these would be 1/4 scale.

From the video I was under the impression that these were going to be black and white like the comics were. If that's the case the color bandana seems to matter alot less since the only difference in colors would be a variation in the shades of gray.

I agree that the sculpt looks more like the cartoon than the comic versions. Which makes me consider getting it if it looks that way in the end. If they are in color and I decide to get one I'll just repaint the bandana. I too am more familiar with and a bigger fan of the cartoon.

I agree I was a huge TMNT fan in the 80's staring with issue 3 of the comic. The Sideshow sculpts appear to be a mix of the early comic books and the second year. They got more musculature and thickened out a bit, but even though the original comics where balck and white the turtles were painted on the covers with all red headbands. Can't wait to see what Sideshow has to offer and I hope they can come up with 1/6 scale figures

NIIIICE,i have been waiting for some Cartoon or Movie 1/6 figures or Statues for so long,will be interesting to see what Style Sideshow choose.

They should make the regular ones with different color bandanas, but release sideshow exclusives with the red bandanas for each of em. That way they please the comic fans, the fans of the show who grew up with it, and also maximize thier profit. Its a win win. Whatever they decide on im very excited for these..

But what would Raph's exclusive be then? Two heads? :lol

Meh. Everyone knows the cartoon versions were the best, followed by the movie versions. I would love movie version statues.

Meh. Everyone knows the cartoon versions were the best, followed by the movie versions. I would love movie version statues.

Did you ever read the comics? They were really violent, and thats why the first movie is so dark, as said before when they were "bad ass" I loved the cartoons, and later the comics gained much respect from me. Whatever SS does with this license its sure to be great and will be my first SS statue.

Back