Ninja Turtles License Acquired!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm glad they choose to based this on the comic version a la Neca but I would have like this to be PF's..They could have included other media with the polystone.Anyway, now speculation have been officially confirmed.Nice.

Sweet. I had those 4 Playmates Turtles, sold them because the money was so good. If Sideshow can beat them that would be impressive they were really nice. Wonder if theyre going for cartoon style or original comic.

Sweet. I had those 4 Playmates Turtles, sold them because the money was so good. If Sideshow can beat them that would be impressive they were really nice. Wonder if theyre going for cartoon style or original comic.

I was trying to get those since they were the only statues on the market. But never liked how they looked like giant playmate action figures. I like how these look like the original comics and more detailed. The price was never justified on those older ones. I'm getting all. Hopefully we can see some prop replicas, Premium Formats, and perhaps a shredder statues? Dioramas....1/6 figs.

The possibilities are endless.

Yeah, the style will be interesting to see. I'm hoping they go for the fearsome, comic-design rather than the kids' cartoons.

Yess!! I'm all over the comic book style. Can't say I'll get all four, but I'm definitely down for Donatello. He was always my favorite and I'm glad he'll be produced first.

There's no way I'm buying a Donatello with a red bandana. He would look like Raphael.

*Snickers* I hope SS gives customers another option. I would like the carton-based color scheme. I never read the books as a kid.

*Snickers* I hope SS gives customers another option. I would like the carton-based color scheme. I never read the books as a kid.

Really? That's how they originally were before being dumbed down for children on the 80s toon.

822849-tmntvol1_45cover_super.jpg

tm-ninja-turtles-vol-4-1.jpg

review_comictmnt_14.jpg

Black and white versions would also be kick ass.

I would rather have a black and white version than Donatello with a red bandana. My son would reject it as well, so I guess this creative choice is going to save me some money.

There must be a licensing issue behind their decision not to present the version of the characters that 99.99% of the people are familiar with.

This is really cool news and the first one coming, Donatello, looks like a great sculpt. I just don't like the fact that it's based off the 80's comics where they all wore red bandana's. I remember the turtles when they wore the different color bandana's, so that's how I visualize them and prefer them. So these will be passes for me.

I watched the cartoon when I was a kid and even collected the action figures. But it's time for them to get back to when they were bad@ss. :cool:

One could always easily repaint the bandanas if it's that big of an issue. I'm grateful we are getting these at all. I'm not sure if they have the general license or just to the early comics. Colored bandanas to match the old toon series would make some great exlcusives...or perhaps swappable heads with the bandanas being different colors?

That would be really smart of them to do.

Back