Action Figure Night Feeder by Rainman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think and I'm honestly not offended and can't even currently afford a RM release so this is just me being honest, but i think the problem is we all see the influence you have on RM being his friend, which is fine, but it does sometimes seem like you abuse that relationship to get what you want which others pointed out sometimes seems to be a flavor of the week rather then a well thought, planned epic Rainman release it could be if his heart was in it.

Don't get me wrong, we likely wouldnt have gotten the Dude and Alex without you but it does seem, especially with that last poll, like your sort of asking us, hey guys which of my own personal most wanted figures would you also happen to buy if RM makes them, moreso then hey heres a random poll with iconic movie characters to choose from. It also feels like RM has lost some magic of making his own choices which make them more art then a project.

I'm still trying to wrap my head around why were getting a $900 Val Kilmer toy for example and Rick Deckard or Travis Bickle (just going on what seems to get alot of requests from others) weren't an option. Or for that matter, John Wayne or a more iconic Western role.

So having said that I do prefer that a character like David be commissioned rather then a full time consuming release.

Again sorry hopefully this doesn't offend you I'm just trying to be honest in why I think there is some animosity. If your going to sort of be RM's advisor as he's had with SantaJack etc in the past, you should put your own personal wants aside for the time being and just focus on the majority and how what the majority wants can jive with what interests RM.

Anyway just trying to be honest again, so pls don't take this as a tirade or anything, as for the sculpt it's one of RM's best, congrats.

Don't forget Pee-Wee :horse

864177.jpg

Why would you do that? Does it cost that much for a private job/commission from artist?

I was kidding around with him, but it would be expensive for a one of a kind private commission. I wouldn't know the exact cost cause I wouldn't even dream of asking.

Private is always costly. I asked about a cyclops commission on a xmen and was quoted 500 dollars only a few weeks back. But with it I was told I get the mold so can make as many heads as I want to sell on.
I wouldn't pay that much for just a head for myself, always works out cheaper if others are interested

How Can I talk To by Rainman To Request A Commission? Is It By Request Or By Order Of Arrival Of Request? I Would Like Something Done. How Long Is The Wait-Line?

Private is always costly. I asked about a cyclops commission on a xmen and was quoted 500 dollars only a few weeks back. But with it I was told I get the mold so can make as many heads as I want to sell on.
I wouldn't pay that much for just a head for myself, always works out cheaper if others are interested

$500 with Rainman might get you about half a sculpt that was about 15% completed made from wood using a butter knife to carve. And that's if you have 30 other takers.

Listen, I know many are arguing the "It's his money, he can do what he likes with it" thing, In commissioning the figure to be personally made for only himslef(and originally snake) it ruind any possible chance of a wide release for everyone else,Rainman ain't going take all Teddy's money and then sell it later to the rest of us for the normal price! If Teddy had any brains he would have commissioned the sculpt from someones else( like I have done since) in doing so showing rainman how popular the character actually is ( both sculpts I commissioned from WGP have more the 16 peeps interested in each which is enough for production) and then approach Rainman and ask if he will do a clothing set to accompany the sculpt, it would have cost him a hell of a lot less!:lecture

It's all fine and dandy saying "its his money" but what if I privately commissioned a figure all to myself that you had been waiting for? ..you wouldn't like that would you?

I will be getting the figure by other means now anyway, I'm just thankful it wasn't Doc Holliday he commissioned.

You know we could still try and get a clothing set from Rainman, Teddy has already dished out for the sculpt but It might not be too late to organize the clothing to be offered to everyone, I mean the rest of us pretty much got a sculpt(s) in the bag.

Good postings Calci :lol

I don't blame you if you think I'm being a jerk I'm just expressing how I feel, I'm happy your getting the figure you wanted so badly I really am! I'm just not that impressed with how you went about it is all.

You could learn from this video Teddy! ;)
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=273eSvOwpKk[/ame]

Last edited:
Oh man. I was really hopping that this was a for sale thread.

Please guys. If you do commission something, especially by Rainman,
have it made into a run (10-20). It saves you money, and you make friends.
Isn't that what life's all about.

Another thing about this thread being posted and advertised Im personally not a fan of is how now everyone and thier dog is going to come out of the woodwork asking rainman for private commissions, thus taking up the time that he usually puts in for standard releases, which could very well mark the end of the releases we've come to expect and enjoy.

Teddy, like I said before, I really am happy you got this going for you, I admire that you made it happen, but from what I can already see happening in this thread, I can see you causing a potential flooding of emails to rainman and requests of things he may have absolutely no interest in doing. Im with Deckard in regards to rainman doing his best work when they are choices hes made and he has excellent taste in regards to iconic film characters and actors (Chaplain, GBU, Hepburn etc)

also, Erik is absolutley correct. theres a reason we've had so many excellent projects come to fruition by sharing and getting a list of folks together on. Thats precisely why i feel a one off with no chance of anyone else getting in on only serves to upset others who would want one, and know they can't have it..

Back