Action Figure Night Feeder by Rainman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just to chime in a little...Teddy, congrats. This piece is going to be beautiful. David is IMO the most iconic vampire in film. You had the dedication to get this and ponied up some serious coin. If people wanted David so badly from Rainman, they should have done what you did. But you beat them to the punch. People always complain when they see something they can't have.

If he wants to post pictures, let him. Artwork is meant to be shared, appreciated and enjoyed IMO. Not trying to argue here guys just saying how I feel.

This is a forum - people will always have their own opinions and this is a place to share them. So there will inevitably be varying points of view.

That's no reason not to share this - so i'm glad you came around to show this again.

Look fwd to seeing the final figure!

On one hand, Im happy for you your getting your dream figure (of the moment) but on the other, I can't help but think it is a bit disrespectful of Rainman to post your one off commission.
I gotta say that I don't completely understand the sentiment here. I don't want to derail this thread much further, but if Rainman has no problems with Teddy showing it off (we have no reason to think he does) and Teddy wants to share it with the rest of the community, then who loses by the sharing? By him doing so, we all get to see an awesome work of art. That's disrespectful? Why, because some will be jealous of something they can't have? Give me a break. If you get worked up over the pics, don't open the thread.

Ok Teddy, you opened up the thread again at your own risk, so I'm telling you now how I feel now on the matter.David came second in your own poll second only to Marty this tells me there was interest in the figure and that it probably would have been made eventually as a standard rainman figure available to everyone, but due to your impatience you and snake went ahead and commissioned one for yourselves screwing over everyone else who wanted the figure and would have waited for it.

Great, now that that is off my chest I will say that the sculpt looks very good and I'm sure the clothing will be great! enjoy Teddy :), I've commissioned two sculpts of David and I'm now looking into getting a tailor for the coat so everyone else can have a David figure if they want one.

I see people are somewhat mad about this but it's a private commission. Teddy wanted it so he made it happen. I think it's kind of unfair to criticize him for commissioning something that he wanted done. It's possible that rainman would of made it down the line it's probable too but he wanted it so he shelled out his own money so he could get it. It's really non of our business what he does with his money, and if someone is excited about something why can't they post it? The best way I can explain my point is if I commission a head sculpt soley for me and I used my money and i post a picture if it, why is that bad?

I gotta say that I don't completely understand the sentiment here. I don't want to derail this thread much further, but if Rainman has no problems with Teddy showing it off (we have no reason to think he does) and Teddy wants to share it with the rest of the community, then who loses by the sharing? By him doing so, we all get to see an awesome work of art. That's disrespectful? Why, because some will be jealous of something they can't have? Give me a break. If you get worked up over the pics, don't open the thread.

I see people are somewhat mad about this but it's a private commission. Teddy wanted it so he made it happen. I think it's kind of unfair to criticize him for commissioning something that he wanted done. It's possible that rainman would of made it down the line it's probable too but he wanted it so he shelled out his own money so he could get it. It's really non of our business what he does with his money, and if someone is excited about something why can't they post it? The best way I can explain my point is if I commission a head sculpt soley for me and I used my money and i post a picture if it, why is that bad?

:lecture:exactly:

Don't let the other comments bother you, Aaron. Congrats again:clap

I think and I'm honestly not offended and can't even currently afford a RM release so this is just me being honest, but i think the problem is we all see the influence you have on RM being his friend, which is fine, but it does sometimes seem like you abuse that relationship to get what you want which others pointed out sometimes seems to be a flavor of the week rather then a well thought, planned epic Rainman release it could be if his heart was in it.

Don't get me wrong, we likely wouldnt have gotten the Dude and Alex without you but it does seem, especially with that last poll, like your sort of asking us, hey guys which of my own personal most wanted figures would you also happen to buy if RM makes them, moreso then hey heres a random poll with iconic movie characters to choose from. It also feels like RM has lost some magic of making his own choices which make them more art then a project.

I'm still trying to wrap my head around why were getting a $900 Val Kilmer toy for example and Rick Deckard or Travis Bickle (just going on what seems to get alot of requests from others) weren't an option. Or for that matter, John Wayne or a more iconic Western role.

So having said that I do prefer that a character like David be commissioned rather then a full time consuming release.

Again sorry hopefully this doesn't offend you I'm just trying to be honest in why I think there is some animosity. If your going to sort of be RM's advisor as he's had with SantaJack etc in the past, you should put your own personal wants aside for the time being and just focus on the majority and how what the majority wants can jive with what interests RM.

Anyway just trying to be honest again, so pls don't take this as a tirade or anything, as for the sculpt it's one of RM's best, congrats.

I just hope it isn't at Sea World. I'm not supposed to be within 1000 yards of any marine life.

All you sour patch kids need to get over it. If Rainman would have responded to any of my messages you can bet your ass I'd have a privately commissioned Plainview. I'd even buy a pair of hands with some flexible fingers and take a pic to post of him flipping you all the bird.

All you sour patch kids need to get over it. If Rainman would have responded to any of my messages you can bet your ass I'd have a privately commissioned Plainview. I'd even buy a pair of hands with some flexible fingers and take a pic to post of him flipping you all the bird.

:goodpost:

B itch please....

al6dsz.jpg

Back