Ni No Kuni (PS3 Exclusive)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not really. For the most part Japan has always gotten Zelda before every one else. So IMO Zelda is made more for Japan. I also still don't see how this game resembles Zelda :dunno

But made for Americans. This is Zelda made for Japanese players,right?

It was made in Japan with no one in mind as to who it was targeted for. Zelda was made because Miyamoto wanted a game that mirrored the "mysterious" adventures he as well as others had as kids, such as venturing into the woods. You could say it was made with the Japanese in mind because if it wasn't for Nintendo of America importing it to the U.S., we likely would've never seen it until perhaps at a later gaming era.

"Made for Americans?" So if the main characters are white it's made for Americans and Americans only? Riiiiight...:cuckoo:

I really can't understand your frame of mind here.
Zelda was always made by Japanese for Japanese. I mean back then they couldn't have cares less what the rest of the world was playing, the only way a Japanese game was "adapted" for the western world was censorship, changing a few sprites and changing the difficulty.
Japanese developers have only recently started to cater games for the West and we've seen how well that went for the most part.....

Ni no Kuni is also pure Japanese, that's why I don't think it'll sell that much here and that's why it's so attractive to us.

Dunno why everyone gets all on IGN's case. Their ratings are consistent overall with everyone else's.

Sorry, what?

Zelda is Japanese made, Ni No Kuni is Japanese made.

Zelda is an awesome game, it wasn't targeted for just 'Americans'. :cuckoo: Just because you and a bunch of people in America like it means it was made for you and everyone in America?

You get a Link facepalm
Link_facepalm_theory.jpg

Last edited:
IGN really isn't worth anything, like most of the magazines out there. EDGE is relativly trustworthy but most print or online rate as if they get paid for it from the industry. Back to this game here. It looks very Miyazaki like (yeah I know, Studio Ghibli) but it's unfortunatly that they choosed the male to be the eh.. "knight", since if video games have one problem besides bad storytelling (of one at all) it's that girls most of the time are in their role. On the other hand, Level 5 did some games with other leads in the back, so it's not that bad and I am sure they won't fail this.

Sorry, what?

Zelda is Japanese made, Ni No Kuni is Japanese made.

Zelda is an awesome game, it wasn't targeted for just 'Americans'. :cuckoo: Just because you and a bunch of people in America like it means it was made for you and everyone in America?

You get a Link facepalm
Link_facepalm_theory.jpg

Yeah. Zelda is extremely Japanese, and one only has to look at Wind Waker to see the similarities between Miyazaki's stuff and Zelda. Zelda's very much more influenced by the mystical side of Japanese folklore and nature and whatnot and, as previously pointed out, Miyamoto's own childhood adventures exploring the countryside near his home.

Just because something isn't overtly what we Americans consider "Japanese" thanks to the influx of terrible cartoons and the general over-the-top nature of much of Japanese storytelling in games and other media doesn't mean it's Americanized. Hell, I'd say Zelda is more "Japanese" than most stuff out there.

On topic, though, I'd never heard of this until I just checked this topic. I'm not an anime fan myself, nor do I count myself among the fans of Miyazaki, but I'll be damned if this doesn't look incredible.

Anybody else who didn't pre order this have a hell of a time finding it? I finally found it at a hastings store, but it seems nobody was stocking this.

I probably shouldn't have because I doubt I even play for 5 hours but I picked this up. I couldn't help myself. It looks incredible.

Just picked mine up at the second store I went to. Got the last copy with a side of sass for not buying game protection. Thanks EB.

I'm excited for an interactive Ghibli adventure.

Just picked mine up at the second store I went to. Got the last copy with a side of sass for not buying game protection. Thanks EB.

Im roughly 2-3 hrs in and I can already tell it is incredible. It looks beautiful and the score is awesome as expected.

I don't shop ther unless I have to. In fact I drive past them to get to a best buy. I hate that company.

Well finally the kids are asleep for now. I turn the game on and right away hi with an install. :mad:

10 minutes is a lifetime with a newborn. :rotfl

Back