Ni No Kuni (PS3 Exclusive)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well finally the kids are asleep for now. I turn the game on and right away hi with an install. :mad:

10 minutes is a lifetime with a newborn. :rotfl

:rotfl Sorry to hear that! It is well worth it! I'm off till Monday starting tommorow so I will dive deep into this game over the course of the weekend.

Hah, I went to Best Buy first, they were unfortunately sold out.

I really enjoyed my play session tonight, this game's lookin great.

I played about two hours. Got to level 6 and just entered ding dong. I'm already invested in the story. Can't wait to keep playing. I will make time. :yess:

I played about two hours. Got to level 6 and just entered ding dong. I'm already invested in the story. Can't wait to keep playing. I will make time. :yess:

The only thing that I don't like about this game is I want a new Studio Ghibli film after seeing these incredible cut scenes :lol

This game is quite engaging. I haven't enjoyed a JRPG this much in a long time.

I have to pick this up but I keep hoping i'll find a lost Wizard Edition that's not $300....:monkey2

I have to pick this up but I keep hoping i'll find a lost Wizard Edition that's not $300....:monkey2

I just don't see that happening :lol Apparently this game is selling like hot cakes. Which is good more people need to play jrpgs so next gen will be like the good ol ps2 days.

I just don't see that happening :lol Apparently this game is selling like hot cakes. Which is good more people need to play jrpgs so next gen will be like the good ol ps2 days.

All sold out here. I checked online stock just to be nosey. That's why I wanted to grab a copy. Amazon is even on a 1 to 3 week wait.

lame it has been at my local fedex office for two days now but it says its not scheduled for delivery until monday i was looking forward to playing it over the weekend

I don't know if fedex is open on Fridays, but I think they are so you could try calling them and seeing if you can pick it up. UPS has let me do that before.

Ain't that the truth.
I'm not sure if it's selling like hot cakes or if they just stocked very low out of poor confidence but this great news either way.

BTW can anyone confirm that the game offers Japanese VO?

I thought about picking this up, but I know if I did, I'd play for a few hours, get bored and end up trading/selling it. I don't know why I can't get through a jrpg, but I've never been able to do it.

Ain't that the truth.
I'm not sure if it's selling like hot cakes or if they just stocked very low out of poor confidence but this great news either way.

BTW can anyone confirm that the game offers Japanese VO?

Yes it has Japanese voices. It gives you the option whether you want english or Japanese. :yess:

I'm pretty sure its a little bit of both. I know locally they stocked it very low and nobody has it in right now. On Amazon its the 4th best selling video game right now.

I think I'm finally going to pick this up. I need a good RPG right now. Been playing too many "action" games lately :lol

You defintley should! This game is incredible. Easily the best RPG Ive played this gen. Right behind Fallout 3.

I thought about picking this up, but I know if I did, I'd play for a few hours, get bored and end up trading/selling it. I don't know why I can't get through a jrpg, but I've never been able to do it.

You should give the demo a try if you haven't. Everything about this game makes me want to keep playing.

I've been watching gameplay demos and the game is hypnotizing. It's so beautiful. And I love Mr. Drippy :lol

Drippy is awesome! and yes the game is absolutely beautiful. I am so glad I picked up a copy of this.

I think we can all agree the game delivers in the visuals.

How grindy is it? How talky is it? When I think jrpg, I think of tons of long dialogue scenes with talking heads, tons of tedious battling to level up, goofy characters and humor etc. These things more or less define the sub genre in my mind. Is this any different?

^^^

I kind of hope it's like that...I love that **** :lol

Well yeah, if you like the genre, then I'm sure the things I hate will make you happy. From what I hear, this game embraces all of the old tropes that this genre is known for. That will also be the reason I'll end up passing. Oh well. It wont be the first (or last) great looking jrpg I've had to walk away from.

Back