NHL General Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 2013 NHL Season

I can see him taking less than 5 to 6 mil per season with another club if that club has a legitimate cup shot.

Look like you hit it. TSN waiting on confirmation, but Darren Dreger says Vinny LeCavalier to the Flyers. 5 years, 23.5 million. Now they just need to sign Tim Thomas. Do it Holmgren!!!:lol

Holmgren_joke.gif

I think this is just the first move. I wouldn't be suprised to see either a Couturier or B. Schenn package on the way out for a goalie or a D.

Look like you hit it. TSN waiting on confirmation, but Darren Dreger says Vinny LeCavalier to the Flyers. 5 years, 23.5 million. Now they just need to sign Tim Thomas. Do it Holmgren!!!:lol

Holmgren_joke.gif

Yeah, that makes sense. Buy out a goalie with mental issues who was protected by a good defensive system in Phoenix for a much older goalie who is even more mental damaged and protected by a good system in Boston. lol

I know you were kidding, but yeesh... if he did that, I would can his sorry ***.

Technically we're both right. He was thinking 4 or less. ;) I figured it would be around 5 mill. I said it could even be as high as 6. But 22.5 for 5... pretty much 5 every year. lol 4.5... close enough. And depending how it is structured, it could be 5-6 if it's front loaded.

Anyway, good signing for a guy who can still put up 60-70 points if healthy.

Technically we're both right. He was thinking 4 or less. ;) I figured it would be around 5 mill. I said it could even be as high as 6. But 22.5 for 5... pretty much 5 every year. lol 4.5... close enough. And depending how it is structured, it could be 5-6 if it's front loaded.

Anyway, good signing for a guy who can still put up 60-70 points if healthy.

It's a good signing in the fact that he can put up points while his team loses. The Flyers are up against the cap and need to address their Defense and Goaltending.

Am I the only one that visits the HF Boards? The Lecavalier signing thread is crazy right now:lol

It's a good signing in the fact that he can put up points while his team loses. The Flyers are up against the cap and need to address their Defense and Goaltending.

Yeah, he only won a Stanley Cup. :lol It came with an asterisk, but he did win one. And for a guy with his skillset and production it is a good signing. Yeah, because we wouldn't want Stamkos either.. his 60 goals and 97 points which equal no playoffs. Pascal Dupuis' market value is 5 mill per as a UFA. You're trying to tell me Dupuis is a better talent?

Personally I wouldn't want Vinny on any of my teams, (not this version anyway), but he went for the going market price.

Last edited:

I apologize, I read your comment wrong. I get what you're saying. He is fair value, but still not a smart move for a team looking to make a big push. Not many places are idea for him. Having said that, I rather have Vinnie at 4.5 per vs. Olli Jokinen for that amount. Jokes goes for 4.5 per. Yuck.

Uhhh.... Just ask people who PensFan6687 is... lol I am on there. :)

Right now there is a hilarious mix of support and hate for the Flyers/Holmgren over there. Sometimes it makes me embarrassed for my fellow Flyer fans. Their go to move is "my franchise is better than you're franchise blah blah."

I apologize, I read your comment wrong. I get what you're saying. He is fair value, but still not a smart move for a team looking to make a big push. Not many places are idea for him. Having said that, I rather have Vinnie at 4.5 per vs. Olli Jokinen for that amount. Jokes goes for 4.5 per. Yuck.

Vinny could have gone to MTL, but I don't know if he'd like the media microscope on him.

You mentioned in the above thread that Pascal Dupuis' UFA market value is 5m? Where'd you pull that number from? The cap has gone down. Any GM with half a brain would be nuts to offer that.

History, TSN, boards, etc...

Just signed a 4 year 15 mill deal with the Pens. 3.75 ... if he was a UFA, yes, 4.5-5 would be roughly what he would get. Antropov got 4.6, and Jokinen got 4.5 as comparables.

Summer UFA = huge overpayment. It's common knowledge.

Last edited:

Bruins are making a run at Alfredsson.

I'm undecided if that's a good move or not.

Bruins are making a run at Alfredsson.

I'm undecided if that's a good move or not.

For the right number I'd defineitly be interested, but I highly doubt he leaves Ottawa.

It's being reported that they're closing in on an extension for Bergeron in the 8/52-54 range. Rask also for a reported 8/56. I like Tuukka and all, but $7 a year seems like a bit of an overpay. Quick got $5.8 coming off a Conn Smythe performance just last year.

For the right number I'd defineitly be interested, but I highly doubt he leaves Ottawa.

It's being reported that they're closing in on an extension for Bergeron in the 8/52-54 range. Rask also for a reported 8/56. I like Tuukka and all, but $7 a year seems like a bit of an overpay. Quick got $5.8 coming off a Conn Smythe performance just last year.

Bergeron for that... yuck. hehe

Back