NHL General Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know there isn't much love for MAF around these parts but man, he's playing lights out between the pipes. HUGE saves to in the 3rd period of the last 2 games to keep his team in front. Knights are one game away from the Finals.

NOT MUCH LOVE?!I LOVE THE FLOWER!!! Deeznutz looking stupid ;) and I am looking S-M-R-T!!! Fleury best goalie of the year and would win the Vezina if not injured. OMG... I love it!

I also got an Alex Tuch home Vegas Golden Knights gamer for the playoffs.. from the first 3 rounds, starting from Game 1 of the playoffs. Stanley Cup Final jerseys are separate and go for $35,000 USD to $3,750. Way out of hand. You can guess who went for 35K.

I also got a Juuse Saros SCF gamer (which he appeared two games in relief of Pekke Rinne) and got a playoff goal of Ovechkin and one of his jerseys from 2010-11? Got for a good deal all things considered for what Ovies go for. And also got Connor Hellebuyck's first 37 Winnipeg Jets gamer from last season. The Winnipeg Jets unofficially retired Dan Snyder's 37, so Helllebuyck asked permission from his family if he could use it. He wore 30 before, but he did wear 37 for Umass during his College Days.

I am not sure who to root for. :D

Congrats Kit Fisto.. told you good **** happens to even the impatient. :D

P.S. I predicted this Final.

Just kidding!

I am just happy Brad Marchand (my newest most loathed NHLer) that puke won't be winning the Cup this year. I will say this, I did have Washington winning the Cup after they beat Pittsburgh and kind of saw it play out that way, even with how the history has been between these two teams. I even have proof on social media discussing it. 300 games played the past 3 seasons in a cap era, with the tightest parity we have ever seen... would be tough to 3Peat. A lot of burn out. Caps were just more hungrier and had more legs.

The Caps are really hitting their stride the last 2 games. If they keep playing that way in the Finals, Vegas will have their hands full.

I am just happy Brad Marchand (my newest most loathed NHLer) that puke won't be winning the Cup this year. I will say this, I did have Washington winning the Cup after they beat Pittsburgh and kind of saw it play out that way, even with how the history has been between these two teams. I even have proof on social media discussing it. 300 games played the past 3 seasons in a cap era, with the tightest parity we have ever seen... would be tough to 3Peat. A lot of burn out. Caps were just more hungrier and had more legs.

The Pens had a great run and still have the talent to win again. I do wonder if Marchand would've licked the Cup if Boston won it all. :lol

I honestly have no idea who can win this. I would think the Caps should have this, but that was the belief I had when the Knights faced off against the Jets. Winnipeg had a much better team (on paper) and lost to them in 5 games. Gerard Gallant is just a far superior coach to Paul Maurice and he showed that. We are a team built to have 3-4 scoring lines like Pittsburgh ... a team that can come at you with waves of talent. Except mostly only two-thirds of our top line, Mark Scheifele and Blake Wheeler showed up in that series. Paul failed at changing the attack, moving guys around, and trying to see what could work by implementing new and different systems. It was pretty much towards the end of the series, he put more forecheckers in. Had Jack Roslovic and Joe Morrow in, and by then it was too little, too late. Why we didn't try Nikolaj Ehlers with Schiefs and Wheels vs. having Kyle Connor be the third wheel that didn't work out there… things like that irked me.

I am starting to believe in this Vegas team. I know, right? Only took me until the Cup Final to realize that. Also, if they win the Cup and I see one more sap saying it's rigged... didn't watch the games I did.

1. It's not Gary Bettman's fault and he's certainly not rigging things... certainly not at the level one would think (or at all)... and yes, that is the narrative for Vegas' success by many fans. In the end, Gary is not even the guy you point the finger at, when things seemingly (perception only-based and usually biased) go not in the way in favour of your favourite team. It's the BOG and the chair that is held by Jeremy Jacobs, owner of the Boston Bruins. He actually has more power than Bettman. Gary is just an advisor and one that also gives council, but the BOG ultimately decide whether not his contract is renewed or not. But in the end, most decisions come to league votes among the owners. And since Gary joined, league revenue has gone up from 400m to 5.45b. People forget, as much as the NHL is a sport, it's also a business. Gary Bettman is good for the NHL and has been much better than when John Ziegler Jr was in office. Or do people forget the Alan Eagleson debacle from 1967-1992? Educate yourselves people. Not referring to you guys, but the casual hockey fan on social media has been frustrating these past few weeks. They also spinned this crap the years Pittsburgh won the Cup. Uncle Gary gave them the Cup. Okay dumb dumb. Be the conspiracy theorist nut-job!

2. 500m buy in for an expansion team vs. 70m when Columbus, the last team before Vegas came in... the NHL has decided if we're charging 7 X more, we should change the dynamic in which a new franchise builds its first-year roster. So more guys became available in the expansion draft. Makes sense. Give the new team the best chance to have success. It also means you build up a successful fan base, rather than toil away struggling to build one, like teams like Carolina (I get they were relocated), Atlanta before hand, and Florida now. It's just a good business model. Can’t fault the league for making a new team successful. Then again, did anyone predict this? I mean we can now understand and see why it works. James Neal, Jonathan Marchessault, David Perron, Reilly Smith, Shea Theodore (rising young D talent), Colin Miller (showed potential in a depth role), and Nate Schmidt (ditto for Schmidty), with Marc-Andre Fleury, have all shown success in the past. Heck, Marchessault was packaged with Reilly because he was tied down to a perceived heavy contract for a lacklustre season… and the deal was if Vegas took Reilly’s cap hit off of their hands, they get Jonny. Little did they know at the time, they just gifted two-thirds of Vegas top-line. William Karlsson is the WTF out of all of this… 10 goals and 33 points in 61 AHL games. 6 goals and 25 points last season and arguably his best NHL season. So where that 43 goals and 78 points came from, is beyond me, and as good as March is, Karlsson also drove the play a lot of the times and most of his goals weren’t the garbage variety. They were high-light reel good.

3. Finally, and sorry for all the jargon, but had a lot to say. No sheeeyat eh?! Making up for lost time. :/ If this was rigged, just like a fixed election or fight (boxing or MMA) it usually comes out. 95 percent of the time. Or sooner or later, all the time. There are too many moving parts, mouth breathers to make that actually work on a scale this big. With 31 teams and over 20 players employed, with dozens of other staff members… sooner or later, someone would talk, and that simply hasn’t happened yet. Even during those Penguin Cup years. So quit it with the conspiracy theories it’s rigged. Use common sense. But then again, common sense isn’t so common these days. hehe

Last edited:
The Pens had a great run and still have the talent to win again. I do wonder if Marchand would've licked the Cup if Boston won it all. :lol

Tickling a player's ear is one thing, but constantly licking.... nay, simply licking a player once is taking things too far. Also he's a real prick on twitter fat shamming and saying crappy things about peoples appearances. He's such a ****. I can't stand the mouth breather.

Real MAF shows up? MAF has been amazing in the last 4 playoffs. Sans 2016 because he was rusty in one game from not playing so long and coming off a concussion.

Real MAF shows up? MAF has been amazing in the last 4 playoffs. Sans 2016 because he was rusty in one game from not playing so long and coming off a concussion.

Ya he was great against Ottawa and Nashville last year, my bad.....

**** Vegas and the NHL. Congrats on your ability to manipulate the system so a team can win a cup in year one,

**** Vegas and the NHL. Congrats on your ability to manipulate the system so a team can win a cup in year one,

Wait, so everytime your team wins. It's your team. When the other team wins, it's the NHL... it's rigged. It's fixed! Nice and convenient logic... lol

Back