NHL General Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And who is that girl behind quenneville?

Q will have plenty of time to find out. Tough loss. Of course, it had to be an Ex-Hawks player to get the GW. Oh well, congrats to any Blues fans out there. Looks like I'll be pulling for SJ in the West.

I'm the same way, so I get but four straight? I'm calling Caps in 6

Why?! Is this a competition for lamest fan around? Because between the two of you, it's close. I choose to believe the team I support can win this because they can! We have the Caps number historically. We're playing great hockey under Sullivan. He has it set up so they're hard to beat... his line match ups make it difficult for the opposition to stop us. We're not a one or two line pony, which has only its centermen as the primary weapons. We're getting depth scoring, which I haven't seen in years. In fact, I would argue we're getting more depth help than even in our Cup winning year. Both Crosby and Malkin look hungry. Goaltending has been excellent. But having Fleury would help my confidence in this team go even further... but I think this team can go all the way.

Now having said that the Capitals are looking very tough to beat. Trotz has them playing great defensive hockey... everyone is running on 11. But the thing is, the Flyers got 2 wins out of them and I feel we're on a different level than the Flyers under our new coach, and the way our depth has been playing.

I have the Pens in 7.

Glad the Blues beat the Hawks.

I am behind the Pens, Lightning, and the Stars. If the Pens lose to the Caps, I will root for them. Why? I want the team that beats my favourite team to win the Cup. Plus, it would be nice to see Ovie win his first Cup. And of course the city of Washington. Having said that, I hope the Pens destroy them. :)

Why?! Is this a competition for lamest fan around? Because between the two of you, it's close. I choose to believe the team I support can win this because they can! We have the Caps number historically. We're playing great hockey under Sullivan. He has it set up so they're hard to beat... his line match ups make it difficult for the opposition to stop us. We're not a one or two line pony, which has only its centermen as the primary weapons. We're getting depth scoring, which I haven't seen in years. In fact, I would argue we're getting more depth help than even in our Cup winning year. Both Crosby and Malkin look hungry. Goaltending has been excellent. But having Fleury would help my confidence in this team go even further... but I think this team can go all the way.

Now having said that the Capitals are looking very tough to beat. Trotz has them playing great defensive hockey... everyone is running on 11. But the thing is, the Flyers got 2 wins out of them and I feel we're on a different level than the Flyers under our new coach, and the way our depth has been playing.

I agreed with you until you said fleury, he plays we lose guaranteed

I say the Caps, based solely on odds. I had the Sharks and blues to advance cuz a blind squirrel eventually finds a nut and they did

Pens pp has to slow down and so does their scoring pace, once it does think the caps come out on top. Obviously I WANt the pens to win, but as a gambler I wpuld take the caps in 6

Caps are 1-7 in their playoff history vs Pitt. That history has no affect on these 2 teams, but it is an amazing stat. Hopefully the Caps are due.

I agreed with you until you said fleury, he plays we lose guaranteed

I say the Caps, based solely on odds. I had the Sharks and blues to advance cuz a blind squirrel eventually finds a nut and they did

Pens pp has to slow down and so does their scoring pace, once it does think the caps come out on top. Obviously I WANt the pens to win, but as a gambler I wpuld take the caps in 6

I never said we play Marc-Andre Fleury and you don't know that (if he was healthy).. so don't play God. Fleury is damn good. Whether you want to believe it or not. I simply said it is nice to have Fleury and Matt Murray as a tandem vs. having Murray and Jeff Zatkoff... To think otherwise is ridiculous and ignorant. Now having said that, not sure I feel confident in a guy who has lingering concussed syptoms. But don't be fooled to think a healthy Fleury is not every bit as good or better than Murray at this point, because you would be kidding only yourself. It's premature at best... I mean Murray has only played a dozen games. No, he's not better than MAF. Takes more games to prove a guy who has a small sample of games vs. a guy who has 600+ games of good to great hockey in him at the highest level, to say he's better.

And before you say Murray got us to the 2nd round, well Zatkoff also won us our first game, so....

This was a close game. The Pittsburgh Penguins outplayed the Washington Capitals most of the game on their own turf. With that said, my confidence has the Penguins still taking this in 7, but I wouldn't be surprised if it goes either way. Both teams are too close to write one off over the other. No team can be taken lightly here and expected to be the easy favourite.

DeezNutz would be ripping Fleury right now if he was losing this game.... but no mention of Murray. I simply think DeezNutz loves to troll his own player. Makes no sense. lol

Most of the Pen faithful who had issues with Fleury in the past have since moved on. They have recognized he has exercised his playoff demons and has done quite well in the past few seasons. Funny you're the only guy living years in the past. Have fun being on that boat that is sailing to nowhere's land, occupied by only you. ;)

btw Matt Murray did let in some bad goals and saw most of the shots from the perimeter last night. :)

But I'll give him a break since nobody is perfect.

I'm hoping for a SJ vs Caps final. Don't want anyone else from the central making it out of the West and I'd love to Great 8 get a shot at the cup.

This was a close game. The Pittsburgh Penguins outplayed the Washington Capitals most of the game on their own turf. With that said, my confidence has the Penguins still taking this in 7, but I wouldn't be surprised if it goes either way. Both teams are too close to write one off over the other. No team can be taken lightly here and expected to be the easy favourite.

DeezNutz would be ripping Fleury right now if he was losing this game.... but no mention of Murray. I simply think DeezNutz loves to troll his own player. Makes no sense. lol

Most of the Pen faithful who had issues with Fleury in the past have since moved on. They have recognized he has exercised his playoff demons and has done quite well in the past few seasons. Funny you're the only guy living years in the past. Have fun being on that boat that is sailing to nowhere's land, occupied by only you. ;)

What colour is the sky in your world?

Any true hockey follower let alone a pens fan knows fleury doesn't have the mental toughness to win. exercised his demons? By beating the islanders and blue jackets in the first round? I'm not trolling anyone, you brought up maf, not me.

I don't care who their goalie as long as it's not maf, ya Murray was **** last night, should have had all three is oshie goals, but he stopped 2 ovie breakaways, so tough to judge. This team needs to win in spite of their goaltending, not because of it. The team isn't built that way

What colour is the sky in your world?

Any true hockey follower let alone a pens fan knows fleury doesn't have the mental toughness to win. exercised his demons? By beating the islanders and blue jackets in the first round? I'm not trolling anyone, you brought up maf, not me.

I don't care who their goalie as long as it's not maf, ya Murray was **** last night, should have had all three is oshie goals, but he stopped 2 ovie breakaways, so tough to judge. This team needs to win in spite of their goaltending, not because of it. The team isn't built that way

Agree on MAF and it's not even hard to see. No use arguing though since that dude thinks he knows it all when it comes to hockey.

This is more like it......Pens with a PP advantage of 5-1. Now we're talking a Caps vs Pens NHL series.

Caps WILL lose this series. They've had problems all year playing 60 mins. They think they can play 20 or 30 min and win. They wont. Honestly it's time to change BIG core pieces with this team. Yeah yeah yeah....it's 1-1....I know, but I know this team and I can say with confidence the Pens will advance.

Back