NHL General Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Terrible news about Stamkos. No matter what team you root for, it's never good for the sport to have one if its premier players injured like that. Horrible loss for both Tampa Bay and the NHL. Since he's a beast athletically, hopefully he heals even faster.

I guess Lars Eller wasnt that far off...

Who the **** is Eller to "speak his mind" to begin with. Right or wrong the stupid kid should keep his lame comments to himself. Michel Therrien wasn't impressed with him either.

And no they're not playing like a junior team. They need a goaltender. An NHL goaltender.

https://sports.nationalpost.com/201...dmonton-oilers-too-juicy-for-media-to-resist/

I don't think Eller was wrong. It's called having an opinion. Besides, you two-timimg floozy, you left your Oilers for a shinier prettier team.

Word

NHL players are constantly labelled as boring, good on Eller for calling then as he sees them

Edm is atrocious, unacceptable at this point to be this bad, I dont blame Eakin, you have to blame management at this point

BTW nice win by the Pens tonight, once Neal finds his grove think we are unstoppable in the East, right Eli?

Word

NHL players are constantly labelled as boring, good on Eller for calling then as he sees them

Edm is atrocious, unacceptable at this point to be this bad, I dont blame Eakin, you have to blame management at this point

BTW nice win by the Pens tonight, once Neal finds his grove think we are unstoppable in the East, right Eli?

Yup, then the playoffs come and we're up sh.i.t creek without a paddle.

Well, that could be it for Khabibulin. He's looked like crap on his few outings, and considering he went down doing a routine glove stop, I can't imagine he's coming back, especially at his age.

Well, that could be it for Khabibulin. He's looked like crap on his few outings, and considering he went down doing a routine glove stop, I can't imagine he's coming back, especially at his age.

Yet 41-year-old Brodeur has 2 shutouts, with a 1.98 GAA, and .919 save percentage. Damn, he's an incredible story, that one. This, a year the most important male in his life has passed on. I have great respect.

Yet 41-year-old Brodeur has 2 shutouts, with a 1.98 GAA, and .919 save percentage. Damn, he's an incredible story, that one. This, a year the most important male in his life has passed on. I have great respect.

The big differences being that Khabibulin has always relied more on athleticism, flexibility, and reflexes than Brodeur. Which isn't to say Brodeur didn't have those three assets, but Brodeur's mind has always been his biggest strength. I always liked Khabibulin, mostly because in the 90's I loved his Cooper / Bauer Reactor sets.

I'm not a Devils fan, but I've always liked Marty, and especially now. I really hoped the end of his career wouldn't be on the Devils we were seeing at the beginning of the season. They don't look like Cup contenders, but at least they're respectable.

Brodeur and Jagr look like 30 year olds out there the last week or so. As two of the final group of players I grew up watching, I hope they keep this up.

I respect his on ice talent, but have no respect for a guy who bangs his sister in-law. No class.

I respect his on ice talent, but have no respect for a guy who bangs his sister in-law. No class.

Better than beats his wife and gets his kid to beat on other kids, predator, Patrick "The **** Face" Roy.

Can't hate on a guy for cheating or you'll be hating on a lot of people. It's called being human. Is it right, no... but hey, his wife wasn't a peach either.

Last edited:
The big differences being that Khabibulin has always relied more on athleticism, flexibility, and reflexes than Brodeur. Which isn't to say Brodeur didn't have those three assets, but Brodeur's mind has always been his biggest strength. I always liked Khabibulin, mostly because in the 90's I loved his Cooper / Bauer Reactor sets.

I'm not a Devils fan, but I've always liked Marty, and especially now. I really hoped the end of his career wouldn't be on the Devils we were seeing at the beginning of the season. They don't look like Cup contenders, but at least they're respectable.

Brodeur and Jagr look like 30 year olds out there the last week or so. As two of the final group of players I grew up watching, I hope they keep this up.

He has athleticism..... Most durable goalie this game has seen outside of Glen Hall (look it up to see why), and the best puck-handling goalie ever. Fact he lost Scott Niedermayer, Scott Stevens, Brian Rafalski, and Ken Daneyko, and still wins games despite the nay sayers saying he would be done without the aforementioned, brings the man's value up in my books. Guy is phe-nom-enal!

Last edited:
Better than beats his wife and gets his kid to beat on other kids, predator, Patrick "The **** Face" Roy.

Can't hate on a guy for cheating or you'll be hating on a lot of people. It's called being human. Is it right, no... but hey, his wife wasn't a peach either.

I didn't say it was better or worse than beating your wife. I just stated I have no personal respect for a man who nailed his sister in law. Cheating is bad enough, but your sister in law? Give me a break dude.

I didn't say it was better or worse than beating your wife. I just stated I have no personal respect for a man who nailed his sister in law. Cheating is bad enough, but your sister in law? Give me a break dude.

If I judged everyone based on cheating and had it out for them, I would have no friends or few to speak of. You would be surprised by how many of your friends, even family members, have committed the act at one point in their life. We're human after all. We're imperfect, capable of committing error. Everyone is. As for myself, I have not cheated before, and do not believe in the idea or act of cheating. Having said that, people make mistakes.... it shouldn't be enough reason to dislike someone. Again, she was no slice of humble pie herself. Nor was she the best wife or person on her end. This does not mean it makes it right. I am just saying, it takes two in a relationship for why things fall apart. Many people cheat, because they aren't feeling loved or treated right at home. Sometimes people do it in fear of losing their so-called significant other... My ex as an example, did it to me in fears she would lose me after I asked for a two week break (her thought process led her to believe I was going to break up with her anyway, so she lost control).... little did she not know, that would be the reason I would end it. I don't give second chances for that sort of thing. Once that trust has been broken, I can't continue on. There are those who are of the selfish variety. They only think about themselves and not the person they are hurting, which is most often the case when a person cheats. They are presented with an opportunity and sometimes it comes down to weakness. Not having the strength to walk away. I been tested multiple times. It's strange how often women present themselves to you when you're in a relationship. They know this and some will still venture there. I admit, I recall coming close, because I didn't like how I was treated (so at one time, I almost felt justified), but it the end, I couldn't. Even though I knew my time was ending with my then partner, I respectively declined.

In the end, I think it's great you value relationships and the act of commitment, but unfortunately not everyone does. Again, how long ago was this? I am over it. So should you. It's a mistake and one that has cost him dearly. You should see what he pays out in alimony. Not like he would do it again. I am not supporting it. Just saying, some things deserve to be let go. I been cheated on by more than one individual. Well, that isn't fair. Only once I can recall where the person confessed, but I know my last ex had a boyfriend weeks after breaking up with me, so I am imagining she was seeing the guy before we broke up. She denies it, but I have my doubts. Whether the case, the one who cheated on me, I ended up taking myself out of that relationship. I forgave her years later and have since moved on. I suggest you to do the same. It's not good to hold it against people like that.

If I can forgive a person who did it to me, I think we can forgive some person we don't know.

Last edited:
Wow, Eli.....too many words. Anyway, I don't care about Marty one way or the other. I don't know the guy and I don't care to. I can have the opinion that he's a jack wagon because he screwed his sister in law if I want to. Your essay doesn't change my mind, but it doesn't mean I hate his guts. Like I said I don't know him. I just have zero respect for what he did and the way he acted when it came it. He acted like it was funny.

Back