NHL 2011-2012 Season

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sorry but Kari Lehtonen is not worth $5.9 million over 5 years or Milan Lucic at $6 million over 4 years. Those contracts are outrages to say at least. :thud:

I'm a fan of Lucic, but I agree that it was an overpay by at least 1-1.5. He has a tendency to disappear for chunks of games especially in the playoffs.

Milan Lucic is pound-for-pound the best fighter in all of hockey, and one of the more reliable goal scorers in today's NHL. He is worth the pay grade when you consider what guys like Rene Bourque (4 mill) and Steve Montador (4.6 mill) make. This isn't 2004.

I have an issue with Kari Lehtonen making the money he earns simply because he isn't far off from being Rick DiPietro ver 2.0. Also, he has Richard Bachman riding on his coat tails waiting for him to mess up.

Well since there is no hockey news and no new season in the foreseeable future. And this thread is rotting away and nobody is in here.... leaves me with only one thing to do.

*unzip*

You know, when you gotta itch... you just gotta get a good scratch on. :)

You got to know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em,
Know when to walk away and know when to run.
You never count your money when you're sittin' at the table.
There'll be time enough for countin' when the dealin's done.

I think a lot of fans are fed up. If these idiots want to piss away another season, let them. Some of us won't be here when they get back.

If they lose another season, the NHL doesn't deserve to have fans like us. We're the most loyal in all of sports, and of course most of us will come back. And, tail between my legs I will watch every Bruins game I possibly can. But, I will continue to think I'm and idiot for following this league the way I do, especially when this dispute seems so petty. The owners are "upset" the PA exercised their bargained for contractual right by having the percentage go up. Don't like it? YOU SIGNED THE ****ING DEAL. You gave them the exact right to do what they did, and now you're upset that they did it and want it "credited" in a new agreement? ****ing moronic.

Then the players holding on to a large percentage as if some sacred cow, when they know no other league gives the players such a percentage, and that their own ****ing league hasn't had a history at 57%. It's ****ing looney. I feel like they're all stubborn *******s who are pissed by the other side's gall to challenge their entitlement.:banghead

^^ :goodpost: :exactly:

For me it's a bit different because I don't root for any particular team.

But shame on everyone involved. This casual fan was sucked in by last season's playoffs and had the potential to become a hardcore fan again. It's their loss. :gah:

I'll believe it when I see it. Talk is cheap. Two lockouts still saw record number of people come to games. So, I call bullsheeit.

The had the excitement of the beginning of the Crosby and Ovechkin era to sell to fans last time. The so called thrill of the "new" NHL complete with lame shootouts that people bought into.

What do they have this time other than "we're back"? I'm not saying stands will be empty.....they should be, but won't. There are some fans who will say enough is enough though if they miss another entire season.

The had the excitement of the beginning of the Crosby and Ovechkin era to sell to fans last time. The so called thrill of the "new" NHL complete with lame shootouts that people bought into.

What do they have this time other than "we're back"? I'm not saying stands will be empty.....they should be, but won't. There are some fans who will say enough is enough though if they miss another entire season.

YAKUPOV!

And.... more ice girls! And... I dunno. :dunno

Point is people are taking this way too personally, when this has nothing to do with you or me. It has everything to do with everyone who loves this sport.

And if you truly love it, you make it through the good or bad or don't go around flashing that so-called love.

I have Jets season tickets and I ain't never giving that up. I love me some hockey and the NHL is still the No. 1 league.

Point is people are taking this way too personally, when this has nothing to do with you or me. It has everything to do with everyone who loves this sport.

And if you truly love it, you make it through the good or bad or don't go around flashing that so-called love.

I have Jets season tickets and I ain't never giving that up. I love me some hockey and the NHL is still the No. 1 league.

:lecture:lecture:lecture:lecture

Last edited:
If you want to line up to jump off the cliff because they tell you to then go ahead.

I don't get that, because I don't feel like the NHL is forcing my hand in either way. Look at my post count in this thread. I am as passionate as they come.

You can be passionate about your girlfriend, but if she keeps screwing your friends will you keep taking her back?

Back