NHL 2011-2012 Season

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:lol:lol:lol

I'm with Eli on this one. Even though the season is ruined, I'll still be hockey-crazed all year until next season. I'll start attending OHL and AHL games to fill the NHL void but come October 2013, I'll still be wearing my NHL jerseys.

All BS aside, hockey will forever be my favourite sport and I wouldn't let a lockout change that. Yea I'm disappointed over this season but it's definitely not going to stop me from being a fan. **** happens. :dunno

You can be passionate about your girlfriend, but if she keeps screwing your friends will you keep taking her back?

A girlfriend and the NHL are two different things. Again, taking it personally, which you shouldn't. A GF is personally eff'ing you over. NHL isn't. It's business, and unfortunately doesn't have a strong model to go on like the NFL. It's broken. Not perfect. Like many relationships. It takes multiple sides to come out with a positive or negative outcome.

I choose to work it out through the tough times and enjoy the payoffs... watching the best sports league in my opinion.

Lots of players going to the KHL and Swiss leagues. Heck, some players are playing for Swedish teams for free, but have insurance paid for. SEL will only sign players to full season contracts with zero out clauses.

So they rather play free for their home team rather than play in the AHL for some cashola and stay close to the homes they made for themselves here on this side of the pond. Hmmm....

Nail Yakupov has been suspended from playing in the KHL because he didn't sign the appropriate paperwork. You think players with all their agent/lawyers and money backing them, would be smarter than that. :lol

**** happens. Didn't Sergei Zholtok die during the last work stoppage, playing in Europe?

Confirmed: Yes, yes he did. November 3rd, 2004. Last lockout year was 2004/05.

Shame... another reason why these lockouts suck. NHL teams lose their star players to injuries across the pond.

**** happens. Didn't Sergei Zholtok die during the last work stoppage, playing in Europe?

Confirmed: Yes, yes he did. November 3rd, 2004. Last lockout year was 2004/05.

In January 2003 he had to leave a game due to cardiac arrhythmia. In fairness, this could have happned in the states or in Europe.

Well, now we have 2 weeks chopped off. Like a sucker I'm still holding out hope for January.

Here's an interesting note from the Toronto Star

NBC: The network wields a mighty stick and isn’t happy. According to thesportingnews.com, ratings for NBC Sports (the network that used to be Versus and Outdoor Life and the NHL’s chief outlet on U.S. TV) are at an all-time low. The good news for the owners is that NBC is paying the league $200 million this year whether there’s hockey or not. That $6.67 million per team will help the owners ride out some of their revenue losses. But it really is a bad long-term business decision. If there’s no hockey, the league will owe NBC a year of hockey — for free — at the end of the contract. If the league grows at its current rate of 7.1 per cent annually, then the league will be giving away for free a product that would be far more valuable than what NBC is paying this year.

Way to go owners!:rolleyes2

They seriously just need to cancel this league already...

They should cancel you. Kidding, but really?! Cancel the league?! And how would that be good for the future integrity of the sport? :cuckoo:

Anyway, I don't even care anymore. I am going to see if I can subscribe to the CHL or AHL.

I think i may attend a few Oshawa Generals and Marlies games this season, its a shame that two weeks of regular season is now cancelled but, these lost games may be added back on if a deal gets done soon.

FFS!

This sucks so bad, and the lack of a minor league team in NYC compounds it. Guess its high school hockey for now.

My uncle has season tickets to the Rangers and he said that money carries over to the following season...that may not be the only option though.

Well, glad to be a huge college hockey fan and Gophers rube.

images
images

Back