NHL 2011-2012 Season

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Me to, I have no idea what Im going to do at night in the winter with no hockey. This is such bull****

I hope this ends up in the NHL losing millions and they do away with these markets, Im talking to you Columbus Nashville and Florida

Columbus is a healthy market for potential. Plus I am a closet Jackets fan. Don't know why. Maybe it's because I feel sorry for the franchise. lol

Wow...Aves name Gabriel Landeskog Captain. He will be the youngest Captain ever. Quite surprise at this though but its a good choice.

Wow...Aves name Gabriel Landeskog Captain. He will be the youngest Captain ever. Quite surprise at this though but its a good choice.

How is it a good choice? What basis do you have to go on that? Have you seen a lot of Colorado games or seen him being interviewed?

I think it's too young and it was a bit unnecessary, but maybe not.. I don't know either what goes behind closed doors. 19 just sounds very young. Okay, he's almost 20. Still..

How is it a good choice? What basis do you have to go on that? Have you seen a lot of Colorado games or seen him being interviewed?

I think it's too young and it was a bit unnecessary, but maybe not.. I don't know either what goes behind closed doors. 19 just sounds very young. Okay, he's almost 20. Still..

Someone needs to settle down.

But yet you probably had no issue with Crosby being named captain when he was. And he was a HUGE cry baby his rookie season.

Remember Sidney Crosby? Prior to GL, Crosby was the youngest Captain ever. :wink1:

I have watch a lot of Aves game last year and this kid was probably the best player on the ice. This guy got a lot of character.

But yet you probably had no issue with Crosby being named captain when he was. And he was a HUGE cry baby his rookie season.
:exactly:

Don't assume **** Jason. I never liked the idea of Crosby being captain that young.

I am a man of logic, not bias.. you know this. How many times have I stood behind your Capitals? The fact you even go there is ignorant.

Lets see, Matt Cooke is a Penguin. So I have to love him? He's a ******. I disliked Jaromir Jagr the whole time he was a Pen, because he thought he was above making practises and other team gatherings... since he was the best in the league for a brief window. This was the years Lemieux was retired. The argument constantly swung to Forsberg and back to Jagr.

He ****ed us over in a game seven during the 2001 playoffs... he broke the blade on his aluminium stick, and instead of going for one of the several sticks each player brings with them to each game, he goes into the back, removing himself from 25 minutes of the game (game clock time, not actual time), comes back with the new blade on his stick, we get called for too many men on the ice, because lil' ****er doesn't look to see how many guys are on and we get scored on the ensuing power play, that he was at fault for. We lose the game, the series, and our run is over.

Just because a guy is a Penguin does not make them perfect or God in my eyes.

I have already told this story. Hopefully I don't have to tell it again.

And again, most kids at 18 are whinny bastards. We all were, so don't be a ****ing hypocrite. Sidney Crosby is very passionate about winning. Do I agree with what he did? No. Do I acknowledged he *****ed a lot, oh yes he did, as does Alex Ovechkin and other star players. But when people are that young I write it off as immaturity. I know what I was like at 18. I know what a lot of people were like at 18... this generation especially is a *****y one. So yes, lets not pretend we were never like that.

****, I just want to know why it was a good choice... that's all.

You know I just had visited my dad, and he has one foot in the grave, and the other on the banana peel. My patience and tolerance is paper thin as it is. I didn't mean to start a big, "well your player was a *****, fandom war-fare.." Perhaps I could have phrased it better, I just was interested to know why Gabriel Landeskog is such a good choice of being captain at 19, when they have so many other guys who are more seasoned vets, like a Paul Stastny. Maybe Landeskog is being approached as the face and future of the team. Or maybe he is very positive in the dressing room and shows leadership qualities. I don't get to see many Colorado games and I don't get to see what happens behind closed doors. None of us do.

It's just against the norm to see a kid named a captain at 19. I think Sidney Crosby was pushed on it, because he was marketed as the next best thing. They wanted to push that even further by making him a captain at an age unprecedented. Lets face it, No. 87's captaincy was a marketing and branding gimmick through-and-through. Gabriel, while a top youngster, was not really for marketing purposes... or the NHL pushing the idealism that he's the new best thing in hockey. It's perplexing to see a player at that age receive such an honour. I just think he's a smudge too young. Is he captain material? Time will tell. I just think he's a tad bit young as was Crosby.

What do you mean by this comment? I don't have to agree with someone...

Or do we live in a world that everyone has to agree with the next person? :cuckoo:

And I am very settled... FYI.

It's because you sweat the details.

Do you know your hockey, yes.

Do you come across as a "know it all" bleephole about hockey, yes.

I am a man of logic

Logical people don't start their own birthday threads......

It's my Birthday and I;lll cry if I want to.
:wave

It's because you sweat the details.

Do you know your hockey, yes.

Do you come across as a "know it all" bleephole about hockey, yes.

Logical people don't start their own birthday threads......

:wave

I did it as a joke, and really? Wow, that's a reach and a pathetic one at that.. and the wave? I don't know it all, but I do know more than most when it comes to hockey... I spend too much time on knowing the game, which is borderline obsessive... and perhaps that's being nice. In all honesty, what I know about the game, should be put into something more productive... now that is logical. So while I think logically, it doesn't mean my logic is correct-ta-mondo.... or that your's is any worse or better than mine.

And yes, I can be a bleep hole... but isn't that the pot calling the kettle black, SixMillionDollarMan Guy? You have had your ****-hole moments. We all have. lol

I did it as a joke, and really? Wow, that's a reach and a pathetic one at that.. and the wave? I don't know it all, but I do know more than most when it comes to hockey... I spend too much time on knowing the game, which is borderline obsessive... and perhaps that's being nice. In all honesty, what I know about the game, should be put into something more productive... now that is logical. So while I think logically, it doesn't mean my logic is correct-ta-mondo.... or that your's is any worse or better than mine.

And yes, I can be a bleep hole... but isn't that the pot calling the kettle black, SixMillionDollarMan Guy? You have had your ****-hole moments. We all have. lol

No, not really. Why don't you let people breathe on this thread a bit without shoving your knowledge down their throats?

And remember this Eli, I don't see "STFU SixMillionDollarMan Guy" written all across this board. :wink1:

No, not really. Why don't you let people breathe on this thread a bit without shoving your knowledge down their throats?

And remember this Eli, I don't see "STFU SixMillionDollarMan Guy" written all across this board. :wink1:

Actually, most do it as a sign of respect to me. And half of those who say it, are also on my Facebook. Asking, "Hey, when are you doing SDCC?" And, heck.. to the few who do it with malice... can't be everyone's buddy. So, I am not worried. :wink1:

And I kind of dig it... but yes, I can take a step back.... and think before I post. Be careful what I say. This is all text-based, and even if some posts don't come with the intention of hurting or make a personal attack on someone, I can see how one would take it as such. We don't get to see the person's facial features when making the comments, or the tone of their voice.

P.S. Going back to the pot calling the kettle black, yes really, you have made some pretty ridiculous comments. So don't play that card. I can man up... you can as well. Anyway, weren't we past this?

Back