NHL 2011-2012 Season

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Eli, yes, people will walk away if they miss another entire season. sorry if you don't agree, but they will.

They didn't in 1994/95 and in 2004/05... but you're a mind reader and can see into the future... and history has taught us nothing.

I go based on facts from history and you go based on an assumption that you already claim as fact. :monkey4

Whatever dude, you think you're right about everything all the time. I'm not saying 50% of the base will wall, bit there will be many people who do.

Whatever dude, you think you're right about everything all the time. I'm not saying 50% of the base will wall, bit there will be many people who do.

Leave me out of this. This has nothing to do with me. You made the comment and assumed, I didn't. You did speak for everyone else when you said that everyone would give up on the league and sport. I was just found it amusing, since you seem to be one person who speaks for all fans... pointing the finger at me is a flaw... because you made the comment. If I made it, sure, but I didn't. Also, if I come off like I am right, it's because I usually am. ;) But I try not to confuse fact with subjectivity. :nana:

Anyway, I am done with the whole, "Well you said this, but yeah, you think you're that" kindergarten talk.

On to bigger and better topics.... Tim Thomas may have been smart to take the year off. Potential no season means he didn't lose anything. Well, maybe his self dignity and marbles.

Last edited:
Please quote where I said "everyone" would leave and that I said I speak for "all fans".

Please quote where I said "everyone" would leave and that I said I speak for "all fans".

You don't have to, you implied that they would. "If their is no season at all then the NHL may as well fold up it tents. Many will just walk away." That implies enough will leave that the NHL would be forced to close shop. If that's not everyone, then how much would it take? Either way you look at it, it's still assuming for others... History has told us that doesn't necessarily happen. Like I said, it didn't happen in the 1994/95 lockout shortened season or the 2004/05 full lock out season. So where do you and Bumble Bee get this idea that it will destroy the game? Where is the information to back up that assumption? All it did was make the brand grow. Again, if you don't like my responses, because I come off "all knowing and right" fine, that's just me going on history. You can fight history and fact all you want... This is what has happened. Hey, I am not a fan of the lock outs either, but look at revenue today compared to then. Look at sales in merchandise today compared to then. TV deals then to now... etc. Perhaps you should read your own posts prior to submitting them. Then we wouldn't be in this situation. ;)

It does suck, because it puts a lot of jobs out for a year, and no I don't care about the NHL players in this regard. They have enough fat cat money to go around, and there is always Europe. No, I am talking about those who sell the tickets, who maintain the arena when the games are being played, the stores that sell merchandise (as there will be a downward trend in sales), and others involved in the teams. All the loses the teams will absorb. I am against the lock out. Don't like it. I just don't agree that it really damages the NHL or the sport to the extent that was implied in this thread.

Last edited:
Anyway, next subject. Clearly this one is old and boring.

Meh, not much excitement going on in the NHL these days. Shane Doan is really frustrating me with his, "I need to take a few more days to talk to the potential Coyotes owner", and some supposed team in the East has made him a big offer... but which one, is anyone's guess. When will we get something new? lol

Last edited:
Have you been watching the Canada-Russia challenge series games Eli? With no coverage down here I've had to listen to the broadcasts on TSN radio.

Aside from that the Bruins Stanley Cup Blu-Ray and DVDs give me my hockey fix.

Have you been watching the Canada-Russia challenge series games Eli? With no coverage down here I've had to listen to the broadcasts on TSN radio.

Aside from that the Bruins Stanley Cup Blu-Ray and DVDs give me my hockey fix.

Trying to get access. We have a team stacked with former 2012 and 2011 picks. All born in 1993 or 94. Not a one from 92 or 95. They are stacked! Russia on the other hand, with the exception of a few big names, have mostly 2013 potential class draftees on their team. Almost doesn't seem like Russia is taking this one seriously.

I will say this Kit, I love that you're still a passionate hockey fan. And don't say you aren't, because you are.

I like your Caps team going into the future. Even if you don't.

Agree with Kit

A lockout wont push away all the fans but it will hurt the league badly

Think of the momentum the Kings will lose? No one in LA will care, it will be all Lakers

Dallas
Florida
Columbus
Nashville
Phoenix
Long Island
Carolina

These guys will all lose millions

Agree with Kit

A lockout wont push away all the fans but it will hurt the league badly

Think of the momentum the Kings will lose? No one in LA will care, it will be all Lakers

Dallas
Florida
Columbus
Nashville
Phoenix
Long Island
Carolina

These guys will all lose millions

Every team will lose money... then again, some will probably save money by not paying for the overhead and salaries. So there is a positive there. Minus the term agreements some teams have with their venues. But to those who own both the franchise and arena, huge savings in overhead costs! Take True North for example, they'll just bring in employees for the concerts and other things that use the building.

Point is each lock out cost the league that season, but it didn't hamper fan support as the response only grew. I know, who would have funked it...

And no offence to the LA Kings, if the new CBA hockey has taught as anything, repeat winners of late are far and few between. Dynasties are a thing of the past... babeh.

Last edited:
A lockout would certainly hurt some franchises in fan support from casual fans. It couldn't definitely hurt others in their development of younger players. It would really be a shame to see another lockout so soon.

A lockout would certainly hurt some franchises in fan support from casual fans. It couldn't definitely hurt others in their development of younger players. It would really be a shame to see another lockout so soon.

Again, which casual fan? I mean, fan support went up after each lock out. I must be a goof going based on factual history to support my argument, but where do you guys get this idea from? Out of a hat? Abra cadabra! Ala Kazaam!

Again, which casual fan? I mean, fan support went up after each lock out. I must be a goof going based on factual history to support my argument, but where do you guys get this idea from? Out of a hat? Abra cadabra! Ala Kazaam!

Fan support went up because of the TV deals and expanding to more fans in the South. These fans they just picked up are the ones they risk losing

The winter classic brought in alot also, so no hockey next year, no WC, less chance to bring in more fans and retain the new ones they just got.

Fan support went up because of the TV deals and expanding to more fans in the South. These fans they just picked up are the ones they risk losing

The winter classic brought in alot also, so no hockey next year, no WC, less chance to bring in more fans and retain the new ones they just got.

We'll see.... I am a firm believer of going based on what I have seen and witnessed. Last time I played this song and dance it played out differently. In any case, this maybe a moot point if the BOG get this sorted out with the NHLPA and we have a season come October, or even January.

I can tell you plenty of people that i know who would watch about 25% of local games before the last lockout didnt even watch when it was over, theyve all eventually came back but had no interest after an extended absence. Im not talking about ratings im talking about actual interest in the sport from my peers.

On a side note: I recently spent a few days up in Toronto, and saw the Hall of Fame for the first time..if any of you haven't I can't suggest it enough, its a really awesome place.

On a side note: I recently spent a few days up in Toronto, and saw the Hall of Fame for the first time..if any of you haven't I can't suggest it enough, its a really awesome place.

It sure is and sometimes you can even meet actual hockey stars! BAZING!

Back