NHL 2011-2012 Season

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyway, I am sorry if I come off like my opinion is worth more than anyone else's... I can see how that can be annoying. No matter what my situation is, I shouldn't do that. I like what you guys have to say. I'll work harder on choosing my words, and not sounding like my opinion is fact, for the future.

The fact you're digging away now is kind of ridiculously.. actually we're both being ridiculous. So lets not.

Does Dany Heatley get bought out if the cap goes down?

Eli, if you're going to throw out accusations about "my ridiculous comments" then I expect you to back it up with proof. The burden isn't on me, it's on you.

Yes, I'll let it go and check your PMs. ~Six :peace

Anyway, I am sorry if I come off like my opinion is worth more than anyone else's... I can see how that can be annoying. No matter what my situation is, I shouldn't do that. I like what you guys have to say. I'll work harder on choosing my words, and not sounding like my opinion is fact, for the future.

Damn it, you keep posting after I post. I'll move on. :peace

I have to run.

Eli, come off the ledge please.

If he doesnt, we might have to start a STFU Sixmilliondollarguy thread lol

For the record, start taking an interest in other sports, no hockey this year..

Look at the bright side, at least the Leafs wont suck this year :)

I don't like the Leafs... so how is that a bright side? :angrycanu

If anything that's a good thing for Leaf fans! On the bright side (to non Leafers), that means it will be 46 years that the Leafs haven't won the Cup. :D

Last edited:

Hah! I'm not even sure how the Leafs will turn out this year. Ron Wilson is gone, Gustassven is gone, Schenn is gone, etc. There has been some pretty big change ups but I'm really excited to see how guys like JVR fit into the lineup. Hopefully Reimer can hold his own this year, but it'll be nice to see a young guy like Scrivens have some more chances in net as well.

Fingers crossed!

Come out to Winnipeg when the NHL announces a CBA is in place... come see a real team in person. :1-1:

Jets are a fantastic team, I really hope they make it in the playoffs this year. I do find it funny that they have a lot of ex-Leafs who actually turned out to be decent players though :lol

If there is a lockout, it will definitely be interesting to see if Crosby and Malkin do go and play for the KHL...

NHL players should not be allowed to play in the KHL if there is a lock out. JMHO

I absolutely disagree, if my boss says I can't come back to work until we agree on a new work agreement should I not be able to get another job in the meantime to support myself? That's the basic principal. Do I want to see a lockout? Hell no, I'm a NYR fan..were looking great on paper right now--but if it does happen its not all the players fault, so they should be able to work somewhere else until it's settled.

I absolutely disagree, if my boss says I can't come back to work until we agree on a new work agreement should I not be able to get another job in the meantime to support myself? That's the basic principal. Do I want to see a lockout? Hell no, I'm a NYR fan..were looking great on paper right now--but if it does happen its not all the players fault, so they should be able to work somewhere else until it's settled.

Yes, but the difference is you're surviving from wage-to-wage. These hockey players are making more in one season than you will see in a life time. Even the guy who makes the lowest salary, which is what? $550,000 is still doing much better than what the average person in North America makes, which is one fraction of that.

The only reason I would want NHLers to play in other leagues is to keep their games sharp, their bodies in shape, and to help further develop and round out their A-game, for the younger kids. It also sounds like many North American and Swedish players don't want to go the KHL route. Money is not always guaranteed, and there are other negatives going against the KHL. Like how Russian born players are treated much better. All players should be treated the same, no matter where they come from, traveling (we know how ugly that can get), and the whole Mafia influence.

JonEl - How would you feel if Del Zotto or Staal played in another league and the day before a new CBA is signed off on they get a season ending injury? While I would hope and expect they would continue to train and maybe play pick up games for fun I would be hesitant for them to join another league. Not saying it isn't their right, it is, but they are putting themselves at risk. I do not believe they would get paid their yearly NHL wage if in fact they get hurt playing in another league.

I know Malkin already said he's going to play in the KHL and as a pens fan I'll be holding my breath until the CBA is completed.

JonEl - How would you feel if Del Zotto or Staal played in another league and the day before a new CBA is signed off on they get a season ending injury? While I would hope and expect they would continue to train and maybe play pick up games for fun I would be hesitant for them to join another league. Not saying it isn't their right, it is, but they are putting themselves at risk. I do not believe they would get paid their yearly NHL wage if in fact they get hurt playing in another league.

I know Malkin already said he's going to play in the KHL and as a pens fan I'll be holding my breath until the CBA is completed.

This is true, but Evgeni Malkin has only said he'll sign an out-clause when, and if the NHL season starts, he can go back to the Pittsburgh Penguins. He also said he'll only sign a KHL contract once it's apparent that a new CBA is not agreed upon the final day of the most recent one, which is September 15, 2012.

I am afraid of players getting hurt over seas as much as the next person, but I find that leagues outside of North America, especially of the European variety, tend to be less physically taxing on the body. Less hits, fighting, and cheap shots to the head.

Back