NHL 2011-2012 Season

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There better not be another lockout :mad:

It's not looking great so far... Hopefully, they'll settle around the 50/50 profit sharing between owners and players, and put a hard cap contract cap at 5 years with an ability to extend the contract only on the last year. I could live the league shortening the year by a few games and considering more moves into Canada too. However, no expansion, please, as the league is diluted enough.

It's not looking great so far... Hopefully, they'll settle around the 50/50 profit sharing between owners and players, and put a hard cap contract cap at 5 years with an ability to extend the contract only on the last year. I could live the league shortening the year by a few games and considering more moves into Canada too. However, no expansion, please, as the league is diluted enough.

Toronto is in desperate need of another NHL team, with all the corporate c-sucker companies buying up season tickets and all the rest of the white collar v-neck crowd buying them up, we need another team to help make it more affordable for middle class families to go and enjoy the game.

And i bet you if we did get another NHL team, the fans in that building would be much louder then the ones in ACC.

Toronto is in desperate need of another NHL team, with all the corporate c-sucker companies buying up season tickets and all the rest of the white collar v-neck crowd buying them up, we need another team to help make it more affordable for middle class families to go and enjoy the game.

And i bet you if we did get another NHL team, the fans in that building would be much louder then the ones in ACC.

Would that work? Secondary teams in cities usually aren't doing so hot. I mean take the Islanders for example in NY. Or your Clippers when they were awful in LA... and not sure about the baseball teams... Curious to see the success rate there. Perhaps it may do well right off the bat, but I don't think the Leafs would accept that, as that was one of the reasons why the Hamilton proposal was nixed.

I can see where your logic is coming from, but I have my doubts is all.

Would that work? Secondary teams in cities usually aren't doing so hot. I mean take the Islanders for example in NY. Or your Clippers when they were awful in LA... and not sure about the baseball teams... Curious to see the success rate there. Perhaps it may do well right off the bat, but I don't think the Leafs would accept that, as that was one of the reasons why the Hamilton proposal was nixed.

I can see where your logic is coming from, but I have my doubts is all.

Two teams in one city works wellin baseball and football bit I can't see the carry over into hockey. Other markets would be given first chance before putting a team in another's back yard.

Two teams in one city works wellin baseball and football bit I can't see the carry over into hockey. Other markets would be given first chance before putting a team in another's back yard.

I would like to see the figures on those franchises. In Football, perhaps I can see it. btw What was the whole deal with the LA Raiders leaving Los Angeles?

I would like to see the figures on those franchises. In Football, perhaps I can see it. btw What was the whole deal with the LA Raiders leaving Los Angeles?

They just went back to oakland that's all, they sjouke have never went to LA to start with. A team could be relocate to LA soon though. Jets and Giants do great and they play in the same stadium(just a example).

With a lock out looming, I have a real issue with NHL players playing in the KHL or some other league. They should not be allowed to play until an agreement has been reached.

With a lock out looming, I have a real issue with NHL players playing in the KHL or some other league. They should not be allowed to play until an agreement has been reached.

See, I like the flipside of players being able to play in other leagues during lockouts. It allows the players to keep not just in physical, but game shape. Taking a year off (while not always a bad idea, it has helped players like Selanne to rest and heal from surgery and come back firing on all cylinders), it allows the younger kids to continue with their development, by playing. Even if the competition is not as fierce.

Last edited:
Playing in Europe also shows that they're willing to play for much less. All this to say that a lock out seems all but certain.

Playing in Europe also shows that they're willing to play for much less. All this to say that a lock out seems all but certain.

A lock out most likely is, but many feel it will be 1994/95 revisited, and not 2004/05. Which means we'll still have a season, but a shortened one.

Also, it seems as though SEL is not an option for many NHLers, since their contracts are designed for no walk-outs. At the very least one has to sign for one full season or no dice. I see many going to the Swiss-A or KHL. Some may stay here in the A to be near their families, like the last lock out.

Last edited:
There's no CBA in place, but it looks like the Oilers have set the market with Hall/Eberle.

Seguin for $6/year it is.

For the first time in my life, I honestly don't care if there is an NHL season or not.

I for one want an NHL season since there is no longer AHL hockey to watch in my city. The best hockey is University hockey, and nobody of any skill-set or talent plays for our Universities... they go to the US. Which means, f-all for good hockey. lol

It's either the Canadian junior leagues (CHL; which comprises of the WHL, OHL, and QMJHL), or the US schools.

I for one want an NHL season since there is no longer AHL hockey to watch in my city. The best hockey is University hockey, and nobody of any skill-set or talent plays for our Universities... they go to the US. Which means, f-all for good hockey. lol

It's either the Canadian junior leagues (CHL; which comprises of the WHL, OHL, and QMJHL), or the US schools.

Me to, I have no idea what Im going to do at night in the winter with no hockey. This is such bull****

I hope this ends up in the NHL losing millions and they do away with these markets, Im talking to you Columbus Nashville and Florida

Back