NFL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Didn't watch the game last night, but watching the replays where the laser was being pointed at Osweiler...wow.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Now...who'd think that we would be watching a Lions thanksgiving game that actually could mean control in the division :lol

Watching this Dallas game and I'm less impressed with Prescott and Elliott and super impressed with their OL. Prescott has all day to pass and my grandma could run through those holes.

Told ya Zeke would go crazy :lol

Stevie Wonder could see that coming. That's why I didn't watch.

And like I said earlier in the season, Prescott would bea problem because Redskins always have trouble with mobile quarterbacks.

I don't know if I should call the Cowboys game a great game or a game that has two defenses that give up too many yards :slap

It's interesting though, when you look back at Washington onside kick call in the 4th with 9 minutes to go, could that have been the game changer..I think so :lecture

The Achilles' Heel of this Dallas Team will be their pass rush, or more specifically, lack thereof. They can't get any pressure on any opposing team that has a serviceable offensive line unless Rod Marinelli sends extra rushers. The only pass rushing threat they have is Demarcus Lawrence, and when Dallas drafted Randy Gregory they were gambling that the risk was greater than the reward and he would keep his nose clean. Unfortunately dude is suspended and won't help the team this year.

Hopefully, the weather will be bad come the playoffs and affect any opposing teams' aerial attack. But should Dallas be lucky enough to get past Seattle and make it to Houston and face New England (we have to put NE as the favorites in the AFC. Denver's defense will make them a tough out, but their offense may not be able to hold up their end of the bargain. KC may be a dark horse candidate, as they are a solid team, and a shootout between Oakland and NE would be fun to watch) I not looking up to Tom Brady carving up Dallas' secondary. Unless Dallas can channel Bill Parcells' NY Giants chewing up clock and keeping the Pats off the field as the Giants keep the Bills off the field in Super Bowl XXV, this season will have been a great ride without the ending us Dallas fans were hoping for (which was totally unexpected at the beginning of the season, to be honest).

Watching this Dallas game and I'm less impressed with Prescott and Elliott and super impressed with their OL. Prescott has all day to pass and my grandma could run through those holes.
Yep whoever got in Jerry's ear and got them not to take those flashy picks for a few years and get those OL picks deserves a ton of credit. They built the team from the front out and now could reap those benefits for years.

Credit goes to his son, Stephen. Jerruh wanted Johnny Manziel and Stephen Jones overruled (not sure if that's the right word as it is Jerry's team) and they got Zack Martin instead.

And I will eat crow and say that Zeke was a great pick at four. Seeing Dallas' defensive deficiencies, I wanted Jalen Ramsey or another defensive player, especially since history has proven that you can get RBs in the later rounds, but damn is Zeke sure fun to watch.

Also, I'm sure as an opposing player it's annoying to see Zeke's "Feed me" gesture, but it's pretty silly to do it after you tackle him for a loss or a minimal gain, but then have him run for 97 yards (I guess keeping him under 100 yards is a moral victory?) and help lead his team to a win. Just don't do it unless you win the game or tackle him for a fourth down stop/goal line stand to win the game.

Credit goes to his son, Stephen. Jerruh wanted Johnny Manziel and Stephen Jones overruled (not sure if that's the right word as it is Jerry's team) and they got Zack Martin instead.

And I will eat crow and say that Zeke was a great pick at four. Seeing Dallas' defensive deficiencies, I wanted Jalen Ramsey or another defensive player, especially since history has proven that you can get RBs in the later rounds, but damn is Zeke sure fun to watch.

Also, I'm sure as an opposing player it's annoying to see Zeke's "Feed me" gesture, but it's pretty silly to do it after you tackle him for a loss or a minimal gain, but then have him run for 97 yards (I guess keeping him under 100 yards is a moral victory?) and help lead his team to a win. Just don't do it unless you win the game or tackle him for a fourth down stop/goal line stand to win the game.

First off, I've seen several defensive players do the feed me thing this year and they weren't playing the Cowboys. Secondly, players have been celebrating individual efforts for years now and it's annoying but let's not pretend like players on every team don't do it. Were you calling for Dez to stop putting up the X when they were playing like garbage last year?

Yep, several defensive players have done that this year and just because I didn't post about it doesn't mean I was calling out a Chris Baker or Washington in general. I think it's silly to do a celebration when a standard defensive play like a tackle is done. Interception? Sack? Okay, I get it, and there should be some leeway for that.

EDIT: My thumb hit the Post Reply button on my phone before I finished typing.

As for Dez, he throws up the X after scoring touchdowns, not after routine plays/catches. Of course, I could be wrong and he may have thrown the X up after a non TD play, but I haven't seen it. I'm going to reiterate what a lot of NFL players have said, and say that it's hard to score a TD, and they should be allowed to celebrate. Maybe it is a double standard between offensive and defensive players, but a routine tackle or pass being broken up shouldnt be celebrated. Of course players have been celebrating individual players for years. Just because I commented on the most recent game I watched doesn't mean I condone every other team but Washington doing it.

Last edited:
Back