NFL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The three AFC West teams have some stud pass rushers: I'm sure KC and their fans hope that with that last game, Justin Houston is back 100% from injury, and can team with Tamba Hali to do some damage to opposing offenses...Denver with Von Miller (with Demarcus Ware), and Oakland with Khalil Mack. The three AFC West teams may be the biggest impediment to New England, and I'd have to give the edge to Oakland with their offensive firepower as the best chance to knock out New England.

The AFC South scares no one, and whoever the division champ is will most likely be one and done. In the AFC North, if the Steelers get in with Rothlisberger, Antonio Brown, and Leveon Bell, even though their defense is no where up to par, with that offense they will have a puncher's chance.

Don't count out the Ravens...Ravens have a push going and Flacco is decent when healthy and that defense is finally gelling, Harbaugh is still a hell of a coach and he brings that team together like Tomlin and the Steelers. So odds are on the Steelers, but Ravens could knock them out :lecture

The AFC is going to be a rough playoff this year after Wild Card weekend. It wouldn't shock me if the Divisional round is the Pats and the 3 West teams. These next 5 weeks will be crazy as far as seeding goes since they all play each other. If they split too much I could even see a Miami or Buffalo sneaking into the playoff mix.

I thought the same too, and was thinking about it when I posted, foreseeing Denver at New England and KC at Oakland in the AFC Divisional Round...but that Sunday night loss really hurt the Broncos. They have Jacksonville next, which should be a win, and then Tennessee, who they should beat...but their last three games are tough: NE (I'm sure you knew about this :)), and two tough divisional games at the Chiefs and with Oakland coming to Mile High. Miami has the same record as Denver but currently has a better conference record. Hindsight is 20/20 and all, but Denver would have benefited from Bennie Fowler just falling down after he made that catch...but's it's hard not to think TD after seeing that much open field ahead of you.

Don't count out the Ravens...Ravens have a push going and Flacco is decent when healthy and that defense is finally gelling, Harbaugh is still a hell of a coach and he brings that team together like Tomlin and the Steelers. So odds are on the Steelers, but Ravens could knock them out :lecture

Not counting the Ravens out at all, and they're actually in driver's seat ahead of the Steelers. I was posting from the view point of which team might be more dangerous in the playoffs.

The incomparable Jeff Fisher....

During a conference call Wednesday with New England reporters, the Rams coach was asked for his thoughts on the Patriots’ three-headed rushing attack, which features running backs LeGarrette Blount, James White and Dion Lewis. “Well, they’re all different,” Fisher said. “I have a place in my heart for LeGarrette, because I gave him a start, and I have great respect for him. He’s a big back, and he’s hard to get down. And as they rotate through, different guys play in different situations, and they do a good job with it. He knows where the ball’s going to go, and the guys are very, very disciplined. I’ve been impressed with Brandon and what he’s done out of the backfield. You’ve got to deal with him, in addition to Danny. You’ve got playmakers all around, so we have to play sound defense.”

Bolden has 1 carry for 4 yards this year and hasn't played in nearly 2 months. Also is he talking about Woodhead who hasn't been a Pat since 2012? Some preparation going on for this week's game. Hey Rams front office this guy is stealing money from you!:slap

Well that certainly sucks. This offense is more well positioned to withstand the hit than the offenses of the last few seasons given Bennett and relative health elsewhere, but big blow to the Super Bowl chances.

Well that certainly sucks. This offense is more well positioned to withstand the hit than the offenses of the last few seasons given Bennett and relative health elsewhere, but big blow to the Super Bowl chances.

Yeah but Bennett always disappears after Nov 1st each year and his health isn't 100% either.

Jeff Fisher is probably turning his attention to stopping Aaron Hernandez this weekend.

You gotta love sports radio. I've already heard suggestions of bringing in Moss or Welker. Yeah, while they're at maybe give Ben Coates a call too.:rolleyes2

Back