NFL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since the NFL is such a giant entity I think people tend to not associate it with it being an employer and think it has the power of federal law or something. When it comes down to it, it's just a management and employee issue. If you did something at your job your management didn't like or suspected you of doing something, would you give your cell phone to them to look at all your ****? I know I wouldn't even if I were innocent.

Since the NFL is such a giant entity I think people tend to not associate it with it being an employer and think it has the power of federal law or something. When it comes down to it, it's just a management and employee issue. If you did something at your job your management didn't like or suspected you of doing something, would you give your cell phone to them to look at all your ****? I know I wouldn't even if I were innocent.

Well playing devils advocate here... I'll edit your statement a bit. "If you did something possibly illegal at your job (and the evidence was on you phone) that your management didn't like or suspected you of doing something (again the evidence could possibly be on your phone), would you give your cell phone to them to look at all your ****? I know I wouldn't even if I were innocent."

Well I guess that all depends on...1) if have something to hide or not and 2) willingness to be fired if that evidence is found.

And if he was truly innocent and with his level of fame he could have set up stipulations on what the NFL could have looked through. Like just the text conversations with NFL employees.

The Facts: Cheating is illegal in the NFL. People get fired/suspended for illegal activity in the business world. Brady destroyed his phone leading to a sense of implied guilt.

oh don't get me wrong, he is 100% guilty no question about it lol. Just sayin' people see the NFL as law and they think they can just go all up in their players (employees) stuff and the player should just be fine with it. Still gotta go thru the legal hurdles first.

I can't believe this is still headline news. Outside of the actual games, the NFL is the most annoying organization in all of sports.

Tom Brady and NFL now look to settle this before the season starts. Would hate if suspension was upheld and it was ruled in December-January. Just to risky for Brady. He should get zero games, would hate for him to miss the opening night. Hopefully all this is settled before opening night and Brady starts. If not, I have faith in Jimmy G, we went 11-5 with Matt Cassel, we can go at least 2-2 with Jimmy.

Didn't they already agree to end it by Sept. before week 1, it's up to the judge at this point.

Aldon Smith arrested again last night for Hit and Run, DIU, and Vandalism. Dude was a stud pass rusher his first two years, but enough is enough. How the 49ers have fallen.

Looks like Smith is going to get cut. Crazy that 9ers are now down to 6/22 starters from their last SB appearance. They seemed like a young team that was going to contend for a while.

What a train wreck. York is going to get the team he deserves.
Not sure this one is his fault. Look at the contact Smith agreed to he gave up a big payday to get a incentive contract. He lost big money now that he can't earn any of that.

I can't recommend the book about the 90's Cowboys, Boys Will Be Boys enough. The chapter on Charles Haley is worth the price alone.

What a train wreck. York is going to get the team he deserves.

Things have gone nothing but downhill since Harbaugh was let go. I also agree with you, York is the reason this team will be bad. They are set up to be bad for years to come. The needle is pointing nowhere else but down and York is going to have to fix it.

Gino Smith out 6-10 weeks with broken jaw in a locker room altercation. WTF?

wow it gets stranger, he was sucker punched by a teammate. Ik Enemkpali ihas already been released.

Last edited:
Back