NFL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Going to get blasted for this, but every year my interest in football goes down and my passion for baseball goes up.

Don't get me wrong there's nothing better than sitting on your ass on cool sunday in a blanket, but i rarely think about the sport while its not on.

baseball is constently on my mind. i am grossly addicted to following baseball and baseball history.

Get a rope.

Going to get blasted for this, but every year my interest in football goes down and my passion for baseball goes up.

Don't get me wrong there's nothing better than sitting on your ass on cool sunday in a blanket, but i rarely think about the sport while its not on.

baseball is constently on my mind. i am grossly addicted to following baseball and baseball history.

The worst dressing pro sports commissioner thanks you.

Really? Maybe thats only because teh Rockies have been pretty good the last few seasons. Personally baseball is my least favorite sport, NOTHING about it is fun. 4 hours marathons, hundreds off useless games down the stretch, always the same teams winning, and few playoff games. Baseball needs to change soemthing up.

What a pathetic excuse for an opening game of the season. Normally, I like low-scoring games. But generally that is because I like defensive battles. This was simply two high-powered offenses showing pathetic efforts.

I think the Saints defense should get some props for doing as well as they did. Even against ____ty offenses (which the Vikings are not despite a few miscues tonight) the Saints defenses over the last few years have had a tendency to look like amateurs. The Saints offense will hopefully find its way (though the failure to run the ball in the first half gave me bad flashbacks to 2 and 3 years ago). To me, the defense is the big question mark and potential worry. Apart from the one long drive by the Vikes, I think the Saints did a very respectable job. And that's all you can ask for. Complement one of (if not the) best offenses in the league with a slightly better than average defense, and you have a very good chance of going all the way.

Vikes had every opportunity to win and they blew it. I think the Vikings will be better midseason.

32 YD MISSED fg WTF

Too many injuries on the vikes and they still hung in there

So far I'm 100% on my picks. :rotfl

The Vikes threw this one away just like they did last year. Maybe one of these meetings they will show up.

It was very nice to see Farve back in his old form as well. Throwing the ball to the other team and all. Too bad they couldn't catch one!

Really? Maybe thats only because teh Rockies have been pretty good the last few seasons. Personally baseball is my least favorite sport, NOTHING about it is fun. 4 hours marathons, hundreds off useless games down the stretch, always the same teams winning, and few playoff games. Baseball needs to change soemthing up.

The only thing I want baseball to change is tighten up the schedule a bit. Bring the season back to the old 154 games plus enforce a mandatory 8 double headers per year, such as on Sundays. This would cut 16 game days from the season meaning the playoffs could start much earlier before its too cold.

IMO in game there is nothing at all wrong with baseball. The drama of the last few innings of a game exceed the drama of just about every sporting event short of boxing or MMA. In baseball, anything can happen in the last 15% of the game. Football, if a team is in control for the first 3 1/2 quarters, the last 5 minutes of the game isn't going to mean much. In baseball, with 6 outs or even 3 outs left anything can happen. When my team has a close lead going into the 9th inning my heart races from the suspense.

In any case, I'm waiting for something in football to give me excitement again. I haven't really had a team I was drawn to in a long time.

I'm happy the Saints got the first game in the win column, but they got a lot of work ahead of them. Hartley better be kicking his rear-end off next week in practice. But for as unimpressive the Saints may have looked in some aspects, the Vikings looked that much worse. You won't get very far if your quarterback doesn't feel comfortable connecting with the wide receivers. There was a time when I liked Favre, but enough's enough.

Vikes had every opportunity to win and they blew it. I think the Vikings will be better midseason.

32 YD MISSED fg WTF

Too many injuries on the vikes and they still hung in there

its not a big deal, you have to take into account Favre didnt have a training camp at all, and his WR core sucked. They are missing their #1 receiver, and Harvin doesnt look like he improved at all from last year. They played good enough D to win, they just need more time get situated on offense. People that say this time is overrated are just haters imo.

Back