NFL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wouldn't put too much on yesterdays game. Favre has been in camp for 3 weeks, o-line was banged up and they suited up three cornerbacks... meanwhile the Saints had a rather easy off season with no distractions and were playing at home yet they still could only manage a 5 point win.... Anyway, too early to take anything from it.

BTW Sam, Saints v 9ers next Monday!

Drew Bledsoe and Bill Parcells.... and the ugliest f'n uniforms in the history of, well, uniforms.:lol

I won't disagree. I'm ashamed to admit I had a Bledsoe home jersey with the SB XXXI patch. Kind of strange since they wore the roads during the game.

Oh, and I still hate Desmond Howard to this day. Not as much as David Tyree, but it's close.

I won't disagree. I'm ashamed to admit I had a Bledsoe home jersey with the SB XXXI patch. Kind of strange since they wore the roads during the game.

Oh, and I still hate Desmond Howard to this day. Not as much as David Tyree, but it's close.

We (49ers) lost to the Packers in the playoffs that year too... I still hate Favre to this day for all the ass kickings he put on the 9ers...... Yet he's my fantasy football QB this year. :slap

David Tyree... that was super human.

David Tyree... that was super human.

I'm not going to disagree about the catch, it is amazing. How Rodney Harrison didn't jostle it loose still baffles me. Then again Asante Samuel not keeping his assignment and being there to play centerfield on an easy pick also baffles me.

It's everything that led to it that still burns me. Eli was cooked in the pocket. Mike Carey could have easily called him "in the grasp" and I don't think there would have been too many cries of foul.

Still the worst day ever as a sports fan.

its not a big deal, you have to take into account Favre didnt have a training camp at all, and his WR core sucked. They are missing their #1 receiver, and Harvin doesnt look like he improved at all from last year. They played good enough D to win, they just need more time get situated on offense. People that say this time is overrated are just haters imo.

I know, but i really wanted a win. :)

Yeah, they lost to the defending Super Bowl champs on the road by 5 points... wow they suck. :rolleyes2

x2

I wouldn't put too much on yesterdays game. Favre has been in camp for 3 weeks, o-line was banged up and they suited up three cornerbacks... meanwhile the Saints had a rather easy off season with no distractions and were playing at home yet they still could only manage a 5 point win.... Anyway, too early to take anything from it.
I'm not, i stated i thought they would be better by mid season. Favre has stated here himself that he thought they would be far off from 100% capacity by week 1. He needs to connect with camarillo and get used to him. Harvin has missed most of camp as well. Despite this and the injuries i think the Vikes did well against the champs. Vikes O- line did great!

On a side note, i really want the Lions to do well this year. (except when we play them in the division) I always pull for them when the Vikings are not playing them!

NFC North is going to be brutal this year.

Pack and Vikes = ALWAYS good.

Lions are going to be much better.
And the Bears are to (especially with Peppers)

Last edited:
I'm not going to disagree about the catch, it is amazing. How Rodney Harrison didn't jostle it loose still baffles me. Then again Asante Samuel not keeping his assignment and being there to play centerfield on an easy pick also baffles me.

It's everything that led to it that still burns me. Eli was cooked in the pocket. Mike Carey could have easily called him "in the grasp" and I don't think there would have been too many cries of foul.

Still the worst day ever as a sports fan.

:duff Your telling me...ugh. I had a house full of guests having a great time until that catch. There was an eery silence once that game was over....

:lol I had that same jersey. I think I still do somewhere. It's been long replaced by my home Brady jersey :lol...

Drew Bledsoe and Bill Parcells.... and the ugliest f'n uniforms in the history of, well, uniforms.:lol

I dont know did you watch any of the games last year with throwback AFC uniforms? I think the old Broncos win.

I always thought the "creamsicle orange" jerseys the Buccaneers used to wear were just ugly. I liked when they changed to their new maroon jerseys.

I always thought the "creamsicle orange" jerseys the Buccaneers used to wear were just ugly. I liked when they changed to their new maroon jerseys.

Oh man, those jerseys helped make me a Bucs fan. I love those creamsicle jerseys and Buccaneer Bruce on the helmet.

I have long held that NFL teams who have...ummm...shall we say...less-than-manly uniforms had trouble having good seasons. I am certain that the stigma of the powder puff uniforms carried over to the on-field performance. And when they changed uniforms...they improved. The Bucs, Broncos and eagles can all be held as evidence of this belief.

Oh man, those jerseys helped make me a Bucs fan. I love those creamsicle jerseys and Buccaneer Bruce on the helmet.

What? Those bright orange jerseys made you a Bucs fan? The Buccaneer Bruce guy on the helmet was kinda cool with the knife in his teeth. But that "creamsicle orange" color was distracting, and just plain ugly to me...in my opinion.

At least my Saints have always had gold and black in their uniforms and they always will.

I agree with karamazov80. Our Saints will DESTROY the Niners next Monday night! I'm looking forward to it. So what if we beat the Vikings by only 5 points on Thursday. A win is a win. It was more of a defensive game than an offensive game. The Saints will be back this season. I have no doubts about that! :)

Brett Favre should have not come back...again. He missed most of training camp, and didn't look that good. He looked scared in the huddle, and I didn't see him "air it out" one time. Grandpa needs to go back to his farm, and retire...for good...finally.

Back