Neytiri AVATAR Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys. I got on the WL but was wondering should I cancel before it may convert. This will be my first and maybe only Avatar collectible I get so I want to get an iconic piece.

That sucks Snoop. :(

The biggest supporter of this statue on here and you make him wait! damn you SSC. :mad: :wink1:

It was all Darth Sophie's fault! :mad:

I got my shipping notice and Neytiri will be here on Thursday. :yess:

But I'm still mad at you SSC for making me wait. :mad:

Awwww...who am I kidding? I can't stay mad at you SSC. :1-1:

Thanks for posting your review, Bear! Very cool!

I couldn't never do that. Patience is not one of my virtues

I'm in the same boat, Laudel! :lol

LOL yeah I have my deliveries sent to where I work. Originally I started opening them right there because I couldn't wait until I got home. I did this so much that one of the other artists I work with started buying Sideshow statues. Funny how things like that catch on.

That's a good way to turn them to the Dark Side. :lecture

I stopped delivering them to my work after I carried Darth Maul PF 2 kilometre home by foot

:lol

Guys, now that we have in hand pictures, is this piece worth getting or should we wait for another/better version? Hairline is not as neat as in the proto pics etc. Read many posts that this statue is very light and more rubber than a normal polystone statue. How many of you that have this statue will actually keep it?

I'm definitely keeping mine when I get it.

Checking in with #24/600. So far as I can tell there are no issues with mine. It's my first polystone statue, the rest of my sideshow collection are star wars 12" clones.

That being said, I'm quite impressed. I was skeptical before I got her, but once you see her in person as many people have said she looks much better than pictures can do justice.

Guys, now that we have in hand pictures, is this piece worth getting or should we wait for another/better version? Hairline is not as neat as in the proto pics etc. Read many posts that this statue is very light and more rubber than a normal polystone statue. How many of you that have this statue will actually keep it?

I think it's a keeper.
It's definitely not more rubber than polystone, the rubbery parts are the things like her braid that could easily get snapped off. And here's my take on the decals. As long as they hold up I think the choice to use them was smart. I have enough sideshow product to know the painters in china can't even pain venom's chest symbol correctly with guidelines, imagine the nightmare this piece would look like if all of her markings were done by hand? It would look like a disaster.

Again my opinion is if you are on the fence and have a PO, keep it and see it for yourself. You can always get a refund. The pics really don't show it for how great it turned out.

I agree with Carrose. The hand pics don't do this piece justice. The hair line and the size are the only drawbacks that would have made me cancel my order. I decided to get it first and see it in person before making my decision and it is a great piece once you have in front of you.

The decals do not worry me at all. I think it was a smart move and they look great. Legacy Maquette is coming soon and I don't think the likeness is that great but it is more impressive and the size is great, although I like the pose for the Sideshow one better.

I would say get SS one and if you don't like it you can always get a refund. If you decide to keep it and you see Legacy one and like it better, then you could get that one instead, but I think might cost close to $1000...I prefer the pose and the price for the Sideshow one so I got that one.

I hope that helps you make a decision.

Cheers

Bear

I agree with Carrose. The hand pics don't do this piece justice. The hair line and the size are the only drawbacks that would have made me cancel my order. I decided to get it first and see it in person before making my decision and it is a great piece once you have in front of you.

The decals do not worry me at all. I think it was a smart move and they look great. Legacy Maquette is coming soon and I don't think the likeness is that great but it is more impressive and the size is great, although I like the pose for the Sideshow one better.

I would say get SS one and if you don't like it you can always get a refund. If you decide to keep it and you see Legacy one and like it better, then you could get that one instead, but I think might cost close to $1000...I prefer the pose and the price for the Sideshow one so I got that one.

Cheers

Bear

Yeah I didn't want to be the only one to say that but I also feel that the Legacy face likeness is pretty far off the mark. Not that this one is spot on, but I do feel it's closer. Plus the standing up straight pose doesn't do it for me.

I'm keeping it. The only parts that seem ruberish (flexible) are the hair, necklace, and tail. Everything else is pretty solid.

I think it's a keeper.
It's definitely not more rubber than polystone, the rubbery parts are the things like her braid that could easily get snapped off. And here's my take on the decals. As long as they hold up I think the choice to use them was smart. I have enough sideshow product to know the painters in china can't even pain venom's chest symbol correctly with guidelines, imagine the nightmare this piece would look like if all of her markings were done by hand? It would look like a disaster.

Again my opinion is if you are on the fence and have a PO, keep it and see it for yourself. You can always get a refund. The pics really don't show it for how great it turned out.

Cheers

Bear

It does. I will keep my WL and if it converts I will decide after I see it in person. Most likley I will keep it after seeing it in hand like the rest of you freaks.

Thanks again for the feedback.

Cheers

Bear

:goodpost: Thanks for the feedback. IM waiting to see the Legacy version but she is looking great in hand. I wonder if the legacy version will be out at SDCC, hmmm....

Congrats guys, she does look impressive.

Hi freaks,

Here are some pics of my Neytiri. I made a few mods, primarily added a few eyelashes and accentuated her top lip a bit more. Still needs a little more work for what I am going after. Also, I added a hair braid hanging from her left side and a small piece to cover the right side. I think this makes a big difference. Let me know what you all think.

neytiri19.jpg

neytiri6.jpg

neytiri7.jpg

neytiri8.jpg

neytiri01.jpg

neytiri5.jpg

neytiri20.jpg

neytiri18.jpg

neytiri15.jpg

neytiri10.jpg

Amazing mystolle I see much more of Neytiri after these mods. :clap :yess: :clap

That’s more or less exactly what I have planned to do with mine. :wink1:

Did you also made a shadow under the hair line? :naughty

Thanks, yeah, definitely after making those subtle additions to the hair made a big change for me and of course adding some kind of eyelash defintion to the eyes. I am still working on that though to make them more defined and darker but pretty happy so far with it. As for the overall hairline, haven't done anything else to it besides those additions, but have something in mind. Will update pics once I have more to show.

Looks nice overall but that hairline = :monkey4

Thanks. The hairline does need adjustment, but in person this is a very impressive depiction of Neytiri in my opinion.

Just got my Exclusive in. She looks great, no problems with eye's or butt marks.... However it did have some weird yellow glue or paint parks on her arm. Looks like my first SS exchange. Hopefully they'll replace her without any issues.
P1030030a.jpg

Hi freaks,

Here are some pics of my Neytiri. I made a few mods, primarily added a few eyelashes and accentuated her top lip a bit more. Still needs a little more work for what I am going after. Also, I added a hair braid hanging from her left side and a small piece to cover the right side. I think this makes a big difference. Let me know what you all think.

neytiri19.jpg

neytiri18.jpg

Looks good! :clap

What did you use for the added hair braid?

Thanks for posting the pics! :D

The photos look amazing guys. Sorry to hear and see some of the QC problems people are having. I received my on Monday and will have to wait till Tuesday morning to check it out. Hoping all will be well. :pray:

I'll wait to see Legacy's piece in June before buying one of these.
If they fixed the likeness, I'll pay the extra $$ for better quality.

Hi,

Got my statue today.
Nice one.. but mine is not connecting well on the base, see pics..

And, should there not be a pin on the tail ?
Tail is not strong connected to the body.

Fixed the base problem.
Put off the statue and put it back on, pushed a little bit (soft) and statue is now ok on the base.
Other feet was also not connecting to the base, but I didn't saw that in my home theater (not so much light)

That problem is fixed...

Back