Neytiri AVATAR Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, it's not a PF. It's just a polystone statue. Hopefully we get news soon about the legacy statue.

Well, it's not a PF. It's just a polystone statue. Hopefully we get news soon about the legacy statue.

I know that.....:wink1:

Maquettes are usually a bit bigger, that's all.....but I guess there's no official size, right?

Here are some pics....

Picture007.jpg

Picture008.jpg

Picture010-3.jpg

Picture014-3.jpg

Picture011-3.jpg

15 good guys and 8 bad guys..... and according to my 5 year old son, I should get myself more bad guys.... :lol

Cheers

Bear

Nice pics and vid what is the width of the bestas on a single cube think the English site have messed them up cheers sorry for asking in the wrong section

I hope so. I would so pre-order it if it was there and available for pre-order at the con. That's how we got the 1:1 Iron Man Mark II Bust, we pre-ordered at SDCC in 2009.

Just got my Neytiri.
So first things first, I felt that the 4color box looks really beautiful. They used some spot varnishes in the printing on the logos, even the corrugate material feels like a nicer material, one of the better boxes I have seen from Sideshow.

So I open her up, and my initial impression is, wow! this is actually an incredibly beautiful piece! The choice to go with water decals for the markings and eyes was a good one, I could imagine how bad those stripes would have looked handpainted. The dots, the markings, everything looks very crisp and clean. None of the photos I have seen, including my own really show this for what it is. Any kind of lighting in photos gives her a glossy look and that's not the case in person imo. The hairline does not bug me, and the bow with a real elastic string is a nice touch! The base is very lightweight which I like.

The arrows, braids and feathers on her chest are the flexible material which was a smart move, so I was impressed with that also.

I do have the same issue as one of the previous posters, on her right thigh there is black paint scuffs, and whatever it was that rubbed against it, gouged into the markings decals, so that's a send back to get replaced issue. The only other thing that is underwhelming is the size. Considering she's crouching I won't deduct too many points, but I think if you display her away from other pieces she will do well. I had the same issue with Kratos, he was just too small of a scale, but it looks so great I kept him and displayed him on his own.

All in all I feel you get your money's worth on this piece and you really do need to see it in person to make an educated decision, trust me it looks much nicer than in photos.

I tried to take some different angled photos than what we have been seeing to help others in their decisions.

albright-IMG_0292.jpg

albright-IMG_0289.jpg

albright-IMG_0293.jpg

albright-IMG_0296.jpg

albright-IMG_0295.jpg

albright-IMG_0294.jpg

albright-IMG_0291.jpg

albright-IMG_0315.jpg

Wow, your pics really improved my thoughts on her. I have been struggling with the decision to keep her.

Sent from my HTC Liberty using Tapatalk

It's a cool statue, but the hair line needs to be fixed and the decals are worrying. Gentle Giant had some problems with their decals on the recent busts...

Guys, now that we have in hand pictures, is this piece worth getting or should we wait for another/better version? Hairline is not as neat as in the proto pics etc. Read many posts that this statue is very light and more rubber than a normal polystone statue. How many of you that have this statue will actually keep it?

I'm keeping it. The only parts that seem ruberish (flexible) are the hair, necklace, and tail. Everything else is pretty solid.

I think it's a keeper.
It's definitely not more rubber than polystone, the rubbery parts are the things like her braid that could easily get snapped off. And here's my take on the decals. As long as they hold up I think the choice to use them was smart. I have enough sideshow product to know the painters in china can't even pain venom's chest symbol correctly with guidelines, imagine the nightmare this piece would look like if all of her markings were done by hand? It would look like a disaster.

Again my opinion is if you are on the fence and have a PO, keep it and see it for yourself. You can always get a refund. The pics really don't show it for how great it turned out.

Back