Neytiri AVATAR Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love the static heroic pose of the maquette. I don't think it's boring it at all. It makes a strong statement and definetly says "I'm a strong female warrior". I get it and I love it.
And the size and height of this thing will just be such a showstopper in the collection.

And people are definetly being premature about the Legacy one. It's not even painted yet. Give it time.

And I'm not hating on the SS one. I got the EX on order lol Is the pose better? I wouldn't say it's better. "Predictable", and a pose you would bet on is more like it.

People also complained about the Predator and Alien Warrior Maquettes poses too. But I like them and they stand out in my collection due to the size and accuracy. I'm sure the Neytiri maquette will be right at home with them on my shelf.

Last edited:
It's interesting how most of you agree that SS Neytiri is better than the Legacy one. I agree the pose is better from SS but the accuracy is going to be on the Legacy one. I thing it comes down to being movie accurate or movie crap, just like SS commited to, with the stupid hair line that it looks like crap pouring down her head and the bald hairless tail. Yeah that is right I will not give SS credit for this at all, actually I am very irritated that SS would present a statue like this. SS has high standards and that is why I like them but with this statue they dropped the ball, not just the ball but crap on Neytiri's head. SS I hold you to your high standards, I would fix the hair line and the tail issue by the time this is released, obviously I am not the only one complaining about this, read the other threads and forums. As of now Legacy wins in my book, SS you are a little behind, I don't understand why SS leaves stuff out sometimes, just don't get it. Mabey I got it, hey SS why don't you hire me for quality control, mabey that is your problem. Oh did I mentioned about the eyelashes, no more comments, I think I made myself clear why I am so fustrated with this piece.

Makes me want it even more.

It's interesting how most of you agree that SS Neytiri is better than the Legacy one. I agree the pose is better from SS but the accuracy is going to be on the Legacy one. I thing it comes down to being movie accurate or movie crap, just like SS commited to, with the stupid hair line that it looks like crap pouring down her head and the bald hairless tail. Yeah that is right I will not give SS credit for this at all, actually I am very irritated that SS would present a statue like this. SS has high standards and that is why I like them but with this statue they dropped the ball, not just the ball but crap on Neytiri's head. SS I hold you to your high standards, I would fix the hair line and the tail issue by the time this is released, obviously I am not the only one complaining about this, read the other threads and forums. As of now Legacy wins in my book, SS you are a little behind, I don't understand why SS leaves stuff out sometimes, just don't get it. Mabey I got it, hey SS why don't you hire me for quality control, mabey that is your problem. Oh did I mentioned about the eyelashes, no more comments, I think I made myself clear why I am so fustrated with this piece.

I will take the weird hairline over a bad face sculpt any day.

Although maybe I am bias cause I have zero interest in spending $1k+++ on an Avatar statue.

Ordered the Ex and i think its looks excellent.:)

Will still look at seeing how the Legacy piece turns out and what price it is before i decide. The Legacy pose captures the true essence of the character equally to the SS piece and if not even more IMHO.

You would think the face would turn out spot on considering their the guys that did it.

Can't lose either way.:duff

This answers your question?

img4557d.jpg

Credit goes to thx217 (from StatueForum).

Beautiful work on the body, but who is that supposed to be? The head is off.

So the hair could be an issue on both pieces....interesting. When its platted there should be a gap at the front but not as wide as it appears in the pic but that could be deceiving......posssibly....maybe...will just have to wait and see.

If its going to be the price most of us imagine you pretty much want it to be spot on perfect and i would think that's what we will get from the guys that were involved in the whole process.

Last edited:
I would expect the legacy version to have the dreads feathered into the scalp at the front of the hairline which is how it is supposed to look. Remember this is only a prototype.
SS version looks like she is wearing a bad hat and it needs work.

Back