Neytiri AVATAR Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You've seen it?...do you have pictures?...and how do you know it will be 30" tall?

Chris

This answers your question?

img4557d.jpg

Credit goes to thx217 (from StatueForum).

Yes

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters

That Legacy status stinks. It looks stupid.

It doesn't capture the essence of Neytiri, at all.

She's not a pin up girl, she's a Warrior. The SS version is what I remember how she was from the movie.

Last edited:
Yep i was going to buy both but the pose is boring on the Legacy one so i'll just get the SS one and spend the money on something else.

Being a bit premature not ordering the Legacy one based on an unpainted statue picture on a poster aren't we?

Legacy are obviously quite a way off releasing this so it's still early days, I wouldn't write it off just yet, better to wait until we at least get some pics of the real thing rather than a render.

I'm fine with the more museum like pose due to the fact that it's so big (it must be getting close to 40" from the bottom of the base to the tip of the bow), anything much more dynamic would make it harder to display. This way it mostly just takes up vertical space which isn't as much as a problem, for me at least.

The only thing I'm not sure about atm is her expression, but that will be tweaked I’m sure. Plus paint can make all the difference with the face.

As I said it's early days, the render doesn't even have all of the accessories/feathers yet.

Being a bit premature not ordering the Legacy one based on an unpainted statue picture on a poster aren't we?

I'm sure the pose won't be changing and that's why i'm not interested anymore. I'm sure it'll look great all painted but it looks boring to me. :)

That Legacy status sucks. It looks stupid.

It doesn't capture the essence of Neytiri, at all.

She's not a pin up girl, she's a Warrior. The SS version is what I remember how she was from the movie.

she's a warrior sure, but she also lives in a tree and goes about her business peacefully with her surroundings. so there's more than one side to her.

sideshow chose to highlight her more aggressive nature, legacy chose to go for her more serene nature. i think it's great both companies decided to go for different sides of her (almost like they made a pact to do things differently) and both look great. i'm a cheapskate though, so my money is going to sideshow's.

but i love the way her left hand gently touch the longbow on legacy's piece. i thought that is so sexy.

I'm sure the pose won't be changing and that's why i'm not interested anymore. I'm sure it'll look great all painted but it looks boring to me. :)

Yeah it won't change, but it is very unlikely such a large sculpt would have a dynamic pose anyway.
Personally I'm disappointed either way. I think the SS one is a bit small, it is just over 1/7 scale and could have done with a much higher base for the left foot to help bring her up to over 20" or so height. Neytiri is supposed to be very tall and the statue doesn't represent that.
The Legacy one will be at least 2 grand and have a static pose and is 1/4 scale. It will no doubt be spectacular. I will pick one come crunch time! :gah:

I like Sideshow's better. The portrait does absolutely nothing for me on the Legacy piece.

Me too. Sideshow's piece seems at least a little more dynamic than the Legacy piece just standing upright.

I'm digging this piece and think I will hold onto the order when it comes time to ship

My SDCC pics:

IMG_1596.jpg

IMG_1260.jpg

IMG_1261.jpg

I have to say that I like the Legacy piece better. The static pose, IMO, has more of a commanding presence. I'm looking forward to seeing the final piece.

I had no idea that the Sideshow version was only 1/7 scale. I thought it was at least 1/5. Too small for my tastes. The base takes up half the piece.

The Legacy piece looks almost like it was based off an early concept model for Neytiri. Her face is definitely more alien looking than how it appeared in the movie.

:hi5:

Can't wait to get it now. :yess:

:hi5:

Yes I've seen this list but you good sir underestimate the power of

BOOBS!

:lol

Did someone say bewbs? :naughty

Yep i was going to buy both but the pose is boring on the Legacy one so i'll just get the SS one and spend the money on something else.

I like Sideshow's better. The portrait does absolutely nothing for me on the Legacy piece.

I agree with both you guys. The Legacy piece is just plain boring and it looks much different than what I saw in the movie, so I'll be sticking with the SS piece.

Back