NEXT Star Wars 1/6th Figure...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Based on magic powers you get when you have over 40,000 posts.

The Prologue to Star Wars:

"Once secure in office he declared himself Emperor, shutting himself away from the populace. Soon he was controlled by the very assistants and boot-lickers he had appointed to high office, and the cries of the people for justice did not reach his ears.

"Having exterminated through treachery and deception the Jedi Knights, guardians of justice in the galaxy, the Imperial governors and bureaucrats prepared to institute a reign of terror among the disheartened worlds of the galaxy. Many used the imperal forces and the name of the increasingly isolated Emperor to further their own personal ambitions."

He was playing them all. :lecture

Johnny-Depp-Face-Of-Disgust-Reaction-Gif.gif

In the current canon (post-EU) Tarkin didn't design the DS but as someone else put it, it is still effectively "his baby". He's overseen the project for almost the duration of the station's construction, and is the brain behind the philosophy surrounding it's implementation and so forth. He's also one of the architects of the Empire itself, the original Grand Moff appointed by the Emperor, and finally the designer of the Imperial uniform seen in the films.

His backstory now is that he grew up a member of a wealthy Noble family in the Star Wars equivalent of British colonial Africa, and since childhood has been taught to rule with an iron fist, that there is a natural hierarchy (which the Tarkins are on top of, naturally) in the world, and that order is to be maintained at all costs, even in the most brutal manner, to prevent chaos from occurring. All of this, plus what I mentioned in the previous paragraph.

I don't see how him not being the designer of the DS I makes him any lesser. The man described in the previously mentioned backstory is not a mere thug; he's one of the most important members of the Empire and among the Emperor's most trusted lieutenants.

The man described in the previously mentioned backstory is not a mere thug; he's one of the most important members of the Empire and among the Emperor's most trusted lieutenants.

That, AND he's a fashion designer as well.

I love that this thread has become the Tarkin Discussion thread. :yess:

Looking forward to HT's Rogue One Tarkin.

Since we're having so much fun I dug this up on IMBD:

General Tagge: What of the Rebellion? If the Rebels have obtained a complete technical reading of this station, it is possible, however unlikely, they might find a weakness and exploit it.
Darth Vader: The plans you refer to will soon be back in our hands.
Admiral Motti: Any attack made by the Rebels against this station would be a useless gesture, no matter what technical data they have obtained. This station is now the ultimate power in the universe! I suggest we use it!
Darth Vader: Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed. The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the Force.
Admiral Motti: Don't try to frighten us with your sorcerer's ways, Lord Vader. Your sad devotion to that ancient religion has not helped you conjure up the stolen data tapes, or given you clairvoyance enough to find the rebels' hidden fort-...
[Vader makes a pinching motion and Motti starts choking]
Darth Vader: I find your lack of faith disturbing.
Governor Tarkin: Enough of this! Vader, release him!
Darth Vader: As you wish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone else feel like they are suffering some sort of drought or famine? First world problems....

Ever wonder why we don't have third world problems? Or second, for that matter. (Not that I've ever heard of the second world. Maybe we ate it and didn't leave any for the other guys...)

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the way things happened with the force awakens is going to be the trend for HT. A flood of New Hope figures while introducing us to new FA characters so when VIII comes out a flood of Empire figures etc. etc.

So indeed the only figure HT announced this week after Black Panther was the Olsen sister in a red Hot Topic jacket. Yay.

I'm baffled by the recent lack of Star Wars. Are they not strong sellers for them? Here I thought they'd be rushing to get out figures like old Luke and Han, Poe... Mind you, they did rush out a whole lot of troopers.

I'm baffled by the recent lack of Star Wars. Are they not strong sellers for them? Here I thought they'd be rushing to get out figures like old Luke and Han, Poe... Mind you, they did rush out a whole lot of troopers.

Maybe they are working on the sculpts still? The movie has only been out for four months and a lot of what they have put out are things that were seen in the previews. We know that Hasbro ended up making some toys for characters not in the movie and that would have been a major problem for a more expensive toy. Presumably there will be another wave once they have time to react.

Back