NEXT Star Wars 1/6th Figure...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Of course. But somebody else designed DS and in that time, it couldn't be imperial/republic officer.

He may have been up and coming through either the Separatist ranks or the 'shadow' Republic (bureaucrats loyal to Palpatine).

I assume Tarkin was a similar case.

I like the backstory of tarkin creating the DS. I also like to think of him as more than just its "Warden" as earlier mentioned. I think his power is well expressed in ANH, Vader generally does as Tarkin says (which says it all really).

I always assumed Tarkin was very high up in the Empire and someone hand picked by Emperor . First there is the scene where Vader is Force choking the one Imperial Officer who he makes the comment about the technological terror he created. Vader stops when ordered by Tarkin. Princess Leia then makes the comment about him holding Vader's leash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like the backstory of tarkin creating the DS. I also like to think of him as more than just its "Warden" as earlier mentioned. I think his power is well expressed in ANH, Vader generally does as Tarkin says (which says it all really).

At the time, I don't think there was ever mention of an actual Emperor, it was as if the Empire was ruled by the onscreen group of Moffs. Tarkin was their lead man. He conferred with NO ONE when he blew up Alderaan which would have sweeping repercussions in what was left of the Republic to say the least.

It seems that even Palpatine was an afterthought that arose with ESB in the form of disembodied head and then took full form for ROTJ

At the time it was as if Vader had become the antithesis of a Jedi, a cyborg more machine than man that helped rule with an iron fist. Later though he was retrofitted to be a general so in the current canon he did have an imperial rank.

I think Tarkin says, "The Imperial Senate will no longer be of any concern to us. I've just received word that the Emperor has dissolved the council permanently."

They were definitely punting on the Emperor. Tarkin to me is basically the Emperor of the first movie, comes across as the most powerful person, as you said, deciding to blow up planets seemingly on his own, etc. He's awesome.

His ruthlessness implies how severe a ruler the Emperor is. An excellent representative/extension of the higher power.

And yeah, that quote is accurate.

Back