NEXT Star Wars 1/6th Figure...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Get what you're saying and there are some pretty cool ships in the PT but to me the iconic master designs are all OT. Really hoping that given the destruction of the Empire in Ep VI that Ep VII will feature bolder designs for new ships that still fit in the Star Wars universe.

Dunno, only thing I know of on the horizon is Vader. I'm wondering if maybe SSC's ramping down the releases until they sell through some of their backlog? Right now it's Bossk, E-Web and Snowtrooper in the first couple months of 2013 and then Padawan Obi slated for 3rd quarter after that. For anyone that's been collecting for a while, is this unusual or are there always lulls? Not that I mind, personally. Wallet could use a break.

The "lull" is a quasi-new thing.
At sdcc last year ( 2011, not 2012) they said that they would be dropping core releases of their 1/6th lines down to a MAXIMUM of 4-5 NEw figures ( this doesn't include con exclusives, or "repaints ( new clones, trooper variants, etc) per line per year. This was being done for two reasons.

One, it allows their team to FOCUS on a particular figure to a greater extent, and gives a higher degree of QC on the finished product.

Two, sideshow stated that they had noticed that on the whole their 1/6th customers collected BOTH their Gi Joe, and Star Wars lines. so it also gives these customers a bit of a financial break, if they wanted to get both of those... especially considering they're adding DC super heroes into the mix.

Also, General Grevious looms on the horizon

Thank you for your explanation. Does anyone think that if they cut down on the number of Star Wars being released then the quality and price will go up? I am looking forward to grievous and expect him to be costly.

Well the price increases are gonna keep happening no matter what, we can only hope that Sideshow increases the quality along with it. Also, I think we can safely assume that the General Grievous figure will cost us a pretty penny.

Veers-hd.jpg

Maybe a reveal in the near future...*fingers crossed*

I'm still waiting for that Jango Fett announcement...

This summer will be a great one for us! I think we'll finally get a look or order opportunity for Darth Vader, Grievous, and Jango! Along with the next HT...

I'm still waiting for that Jango Fett announcement...

This summer will be a great one for us! I think we'll finally get a look or order opportunity for Darth Vader, Grievous, and Jango! Along with the next HT...

OMG you mean we will have a PO for Grievous maybe this summer I mean so soon? He was only teased..... A long time ago and seems like forever that I have been waiting for him :(

I will probably have a SSC Jango before Grievous ever gets released. But thats just wishful thinking on my part LOL.

Veers-hd.jpg

Maybe a reveal in the near future...*fingers crossed*

I really hope Hot Toys will do veers. they just need to get his face right.
and I really hope if they do, they will include his helmet and armor from the at-at scene. they could also do a 2 pack figures in 1 pack like luke.

Yep so true if it aint a core character you wont see HT do it for it at least 10 years if at all...

meh.. I just like veers over all the other imperial officers. if we look at imperial "villains" in ESB then he is probally the most important officer in the ESB movie.
If HT is ever going to do an officer, it should be him. to bad the odds arent high. but hey! a man can dream right!:rotfl

meh.. I just like veers over all the other imperial officers. if we look at imperial "villains" in ESB then he is probally the most important officer in the ESB movie.
If HT is ever going to do an officer, it should be him. to bad the odds arent high. but hey! a man can dream right!:rotfl

I love Veers to he is such a great character and has a great back story but personally I would rather have a bucket load of other figures that HT could make which they wont :( before him.

I do know at some point though SSC will make Veers either in uniform/armor either way I can wait for a SSC veers preferably armored :)

300px-General_veers.jpg

That would be the perfect Veers. Not interested in anythng but the AT AT command gear. TBH, yeah, I'd like to see the head sculpt Hot toys would do for him, but I'd be far more interested in seeing them do a tarkin with 2 heads and 2 Imperial Uniforms. One from the OT and one from the PT.

Or SSC can do what they did with Commander Cody and have a SSC/HT Veers... Which should be done more... That Helmet on Commander Cody was top knotch! I'm actually in proces of making a regular phase 2 out of it..

The clones are all SSC's work. Hot Toys was involved with engineering the armored body, but that's it.

Piett.

I dont really agree. Piett had some scenes on the destroyer, but to me that cant compare to leading blizzard force at-ats to the rebel base, and succesfully blow up the shield generator.

oh yeah and he stared dead into the eyes of vader at the fleet scene, and did not flinch. :hi5: and you got to love how he adresses vader in the meditation room.
" My Lord, the fleet has moved out of lightspeed. Com Scan has detected an energy field protecting an area of the sixth planet of the Hoth System. The field is strong enough to deflect any bombardment. "

I dont really agree. Piett had some scenes on the destroyer, but to me that cant compare to leading blizzard force at-ats to the rebel base, and succesfully blow up the shield generator.

oh yeah and he stared dead into the eyes of vader at the fleet scene, and did not flinch. :hi5: and you got to love how he adresses vader in the meditation room.

:exactly: Veers had balls and got the job done right

Back