NEXT Star Wars 1/6th Figure...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
430854_509555209078718_1413336868_n.jpg

That's pretty awesome.

Makes me remember how fresh and inspiring those first ships were. Also makes me realize that the PT didn't really have any memorable ships in it either. Another strike.

The gunships were cool. I liked the silver Naboo cruisers too.

The worst part about ships in the prequels was that we only got one dogfight (Obi-wan & Jango).

It would be great to see Hot Toys do almost ANY SW character next. But as the rate they go, we will never see anything close to a line.

Anyways, I'm done with SW 1:6 till Admiral Ackbar, Grand Moff Tarkin or Count Dooku get made.

The gap between HT announcements is getting rediculous. They have an anniversary exhibition in Japan on Xmas day. I'm hoping we'll see Anakin and Han.

You didn't like the jedi starfighters from AOTC and ROTS?

Not really. I guess I've seen so many variations since Star Wars that they all blend and blur.

The non-symmetrical Falcon was so unique back then. The sheer size of the Star Destroyers. Those crazy shaped TIE fighters that made no sense at first. And the "planes" whose wings opened up. Those were wicked. And memorable.

I hate to say it, but the only design that sticks with me is the pod race vehicles. And that's just a "chariot" knock-off.

:exactly:
I think these are some of the coolest Star Wars ships. Guess opinions vary though. :dunno

The only thing I still think is great out of the PT movies are the clones and their equipment/ vehicles and the battle droids (except for them being programmed by a 6 year old) those drop ships were some of my favorites :)

Although it's great if people like them, I'd agree with Wor-Gar that none of these designs are fresh. The first two are precursors of the TIE and X-Wing (and the fact that it's derivative means the opposite of novel...) and the other two are more-or-less generic troop transport vehicles. Not the same as the original designs for X-Wings, TIES, the Falcon or Star Destroyers back in ANH. Personally, my favourite PT ship is Padme's chromed transport but even that looks to me much like a Blackbird.

While the designs aren't as unique as the OT's some do ooze coolness, if anything I think the pt missed the opportunity to show a true evolution in design or de-evolution. Starwars seems to be in a technological vacuum where there is no advancement and designs change simply for aesthetic, again not the gritty designs of the OT

That's pretty awesome.

Makes me remember how fresh and inspiring those first ships were. Also makes me realize that the PT didn't really have any memorable ships in it either. Another strike.

I tend to agree with you... but again, I'm sure some timing plays a role in that. Had I been unlucky enough to be born in the 90's I'd probably like the designs of the PT more :lol

In general the PT ships don't bother me, but I don't really care for them the same way I do the OT ships. I also like how things were so rough and utilitarian looking in the OT; even the Empire's ships. In the PT everything was a bit too sleek and futuristic looking.

Put the foils down on those jedi starfighters and the design is pretty original (and damn cool).
Get what you're saying and there are some pretty cool ships in the PT but to me the iconic master designs are all OT. Really hoping that given the destruction of the Empire in Ep VI that Ep VII will feature bolder designs for new ships that still fit in the Star Wars universe.

...Anyway, I really would have liked Bossk this year but never mind, when should we expect something new from SSC?
Dunno, only thing I know of on the horizon is Vader. I'm wondering if maybe SSC's ramping down the releases until they sell through some of their backlog? Right now it's Bossk, E-Web and Snowtrooper in the first couple months of 2013 and then Padawan Obi slated for 3rd quarter after that. For anyone that's been collecting for a while, is this unusual or are there always lulls? Not that I mind, personally. Wallet could use a break.

Last edited:
Dunno, only thing I know of on the horizon is Vader. I'm wondering if maybe SSC's ramping down the releases until they sell through some of their backlog? Right now it's Bossk, E-Web and Snowtrooper in the first couple months of 2013 and then Padawan Obi slated for 3rd quarter after that. For anyone that's been collecting for a while, is this unusual or are there always lulls? Not that I mind, personally. Wallet could use a break.

I am new to collecting as well so anyone who can chime in on this.. It would be appreciated. Im planning on SDCC this year and it would be awesome if there was something memorable for my first visit.

Back