Next LOTR 12" figure is IN MAY

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When would the figure be available to order? It would have to be a Monday if it is coming between now and June becauase of the SDCC orders.

Re: Next LOTR 12" figure is IN MAY

jaffakitkat said:
I would wonder if Boromir's horn might be too crucial to the character to be the exclusive. I imagine a lot of people might like to pose him with the horn, it being important in the big fight scene and all. And he wore that horn all the frickin' time. The figure would look a bit naked without it, IMO.

Yes but a Cloven Horn could a good exclusive!

The cloven horn would be perfect!!! It would allow the regular version to have the intact horn of gondor, and not rob anyone of the accessory, and still provide a very cool touch! That and he should come with an extra set of vambraces so I can give a set to Aragorn!

I was thinking of just the regular horn as the exclusive because he never has the cloven horn while alive. I think it gets cloven after he goes over the falls. If it is just the regular horn, that will be a nasty pre-order as it should be essential. Kinda like Qui-Gon's poncho.

Darth Loki said:
I was thinking of just the regular horn as the exclusive because he never has the cloven horn while alive. I think it gets cloven after he goes over the falls.

Ah, but the horn is cloven while he's fighting. In fact you can see it barely being held together with duct tape, one of the many mistakes in the films.

That would make a cool exclusive - the cloven, duct taped horn with a whole one as a regular accessory.

The duct tape was one of Galadriel's gifts, although this scene was ultimately cut for pacing purposes.
The elves were an advanced race. It makes sense that they beat humans to duct tape by several thousand years. :legolas :galadriel

That's funny, I had no idea about the duct tape... Must go look at once!

Anything more I should look for?

tomandshell said:
The duct tape was one of Galadriel's gifts, although this scene was ultimately cut for pacing purposes.
The elves were an advanced race. It makes sense that they beat humans to duct tape by several thousand years. :legolas :galadriel

Tom is right, and this is true.

"Duct" is actually derived from the word "Duck", which is still the way we commonly refer to it in modern speech. In ancient times, wild ducks were often slaughtered in great numbers for the sticky part of their skin beneath the feathers, which was originally called tapee and eventually evolved into the slang form as "tape". Now, through the miracles of modern science, synthetic tape is used exclusively around the world.

I already have Boromir... I am still waiting for Faramir... I just cannot believe that after all this time and after all the people wanting Faramir that there still is no Faramir... :monkey2

I'm just glad that it's going to be a "Fellowship" figure, period.

Boromir, Gandalf... doesn't matter to me. Both are highly welcome.

I honestly hope that a hobbit or Gimli will be announced at SDCC as well. That would be fantastic news indeed.

I'm not getting my hopes up for a new body style yet. Though they only have 2 more members of the fellowship before they have to do something. I personally don't want the first 9 characters to be the fellowship. I'd like a little variation in there.

Wor-Gar said:
Tom is right, and this is true.

"Duct" is actually derived from the word "Duck", which is still the way we commonly refer to it in modern speech. In ancient times, wild ducks were often slaughtered in great numbers for the sticky part of their skin beneath the feathers, which was originally called tapee and eventually evolved into the slang form as "tape". Now, through the miracles of modern science, synthetic tape is used exclusively around the world.

You can still see some references in the film to the great respect--almost veneration--the elves have for ducks. for example, the Elven boats incorporate the Duck into their design. Look at the prow...

1343.jpg

(Mind you that I'm laughing uncontrollably as I type this)
It's a SWAN, you git!
Who knew my extensive knowledge of useless LOTR movie trivia would spark a whole page-long gag?
I love it. Too much fun.

Wor-Gar said:
Swan tape is the stickiest of all!

HAHA!~ Hope the 'duct-taped' horn is the Boromir exclusive!!!

Though the more I read this post and the 'kingdom of man' thing, the more I think it's probably :gandalf

Fine by me though...either way, Boromir or Gandalf...I'm quite happy to get either!

Now let's pick up the pace a little on these LOTR 12"ers Sideshow!!!

:gandalf_w :saruman

Back