Next LOTR 12" figure is IN MAY

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Next LOTR 12" figure is IN MAY

Boromir is certainly the obvious choice. :banana

I'm leaning towards Boromir as well, which I will certainly welcome to the collection.

Well since it seemingly has to be limited to the Fellowship (unless that gets streched to the extreme) Boromir is the only one that fits. If we take some real liberty than Theoden becomes the obvious choice, and that would be a great figure! :D

I was really hoping for ANYTHING honestly! But this is indeed GREAT news. Hopefully we'll see another pre-order for a 4th 12" MUCH sooner than the gap between Legolas and this one.

I was hoping for it to be GTG or Boromir (or Faramir...), but I think Boromir is a GREAT guess and will make a GREAT figure...He's got an awesome costume...and that GIANT shield...and the horn of Gondor...Should be GREAT!

I was also kind of pulling for a GTW or Saruman...Something about the white beards and white robes and staffs...They'd just look so FANTASTIC displayed together...either standing...or dueling!!! (uh-oh, my Star Wars plans of displaying EACH key lightsaber duel from each film as the figures are released is starting to creep into my plans for my LOTR collection...)

:D

I will be SO HAPPY if it's Boromir!

I want Gandalf too (Grey or White), but I want Boromir more.

Suddenly it seems like a very long time until May . . .

Come on, GTW would be much better the Bore-omir. He dies in the first film and has his gear ransacked.

Actually, I just really want Gandalf the White, Gimli and Frodo and I'll have the "Fellowship 5" that I want (and that will fit on one detolf shelf). Then, bring on the bad guys.

Re: 4/20 LotR Podcast

Didn't anyone pick up on what was said in yesterdays podcast.

Regarding the 12" line, Quote: another 12" figure from the fellowship will be entering the kingdom of men.
(it was worded roughly like this but reading between the lines it means BORIMIR is coming :chew

I cant wait! finally we get a new announcement. Too bad the LOTR line is shipping so late, i'd love to have aragorn in hand already!

Entering the kingdom of men would imply that he is not one of them surely.

Gandalf anyone?

But any of the Fellowship would be lovely.

I think that SSC would make a delightful Dogorlad Elf though heres hoping we'll get one eventually.

If it were Boromir, what would the exclusive come with? I think his horn of Gondor would be a given as would his sheild. I would suggest the shards of Aragorns broken sword that he was playing with in Rivindale. What does everyone else think?

I think the Horn of Gondor would be the perfect and most likely exclusive.

From the hint, I think it's Gandalf but I will be happy with any of the other members of the fellowship, too :D . I hope we see Sideshow make some bad guys after this one though, a Witchking in full armor would be awesome.

I'm with the consensus--I'll take anything right about now. But Boromir would have a ton of accessories--horn, sword, shield, daggers (I'm fairly sure he has two) and I would be highly tempted to gank his wristbands for my Aragorn...
Too bad they didn't have the Aragorn exclusive come with the Lothlorien cloak... it would be pretty neat if all the Fellowship's exclusives were their Elven cloaks.

pitchin said:
A FELLOWSHIP MEMBER THAT IS APPROACHING THE KINGDOM OF MAN (HINT?)

I haven't listened to the podcast, but I assume this is the promised hint. Is everyone thinking Boromir because he believes the ring will usher in the Kingdom of Man?

At the story's end, I believe it is the dawn of the Kingdom of Man, and the beginning of the end of all the other races. Isn't that why the Elves all pack up and leave? It could actually be anyone who's alive at the story's conclusion. Sam headed into wedded domesticity, or Frodo lighting out like Huck for distant territories.

Maybe Elrond, who says it's the time of Man, or Arwen, to whom he says it?

We know it's a Fellowship member who isn't a hobbit or dwarf as I doubt they're ready with a new body yet. So that's leaves Gandalf or Boromir. As badly as I want a Gandalf the grey, I'm guessing Boromir as he was the one always blathering about "the kingdom of men will fall" and Gondor this and Gondor that.

If so, I really wonder/worry about the chainmail and the gold stitching on his red shirt. This will be the most complicated costume yet attempted by SS, far more difficult to pull off than GtG. 12" Boromir will prolly cost as least as much as Strider. As for the exclusive, I'm guessing a cloven horn and possibly 3 velcro arrrows ala the T-1000 to re-enact his death scene.

And when are we gonna complete the smilies Fellowship?
:aragorn :legolas :gimli :gandalf :frodo :boromir ?

Back