Next LOTR 12" figure is IN MAY

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Next LOTR 12" figure is IN MAY

I'm very happpy with the SSW Boromir. THats may problem with the new 12 inch and PF stuff. I think all the WETA stuff is great. I just hate to see the same figures over and over. Give us Faramir. But his wasn't part of the Fellowship. So it has to be Gandalf or Boromir. But Boromir never made it back to the "Kingdom of man", so it is Gandalf or the hobbit he rode with.

Re: 4/20 LotR Podcast

I just took that comment to mean that a new figure was coming to us. We're the "kingdom of men"--a character is coming from Middle Earth to our neck of the woods. I think it will be Gandalf! :gandalf :gandalf_w

I hoping Boromir but I wouldn't be upset with anyone. Just keep em coming SS.

Gandalf or Boromir seem to be the most obvious choices. Gandalf makes the most sense but Boromir seems like a nice suprise type item. I personally want GTG more right now but that's just me.

I'm dying to see a hobbit or Gimli so we can see a different body type. Does anyone know if this is supposed to be a 1/6 line or a 12" line. I'd love to get some 5" hobbits to go along with the rest of the fellowship.

Darth Loki said:
Does anyone know if this is supposed to be a 1/6 line or a 12" line. I'd love to get some 5" hobbits to go along with the rest of the fellowship.

So far the section on the Sideshow website is officially called "The Lord of the Rings 12-inch Figures".

I guess we'll see when the first Hobbit arrives...

Could the exclusive Boromir be the white banner of Gondor he raises in the Two Towers extended edition?

I'd be happy with either Boromir or Gandalf, but the quote has me thinking of when Gandalf rides out to Minis Tirith in the first film...Maybe I am being too literal, but Boromir never rides to Gondor, only away from it.

Actually, the more I think about it:

"A FELLOWSHIP MEMBER THAT IS APPROACHING THE KINGDOM OF MAN"

I think it has to be Gandalf the Grey. I am thinking in 'Fellowship of the Ring' when Gandalf rides to Minas Tirith to discover the truth about the 'One Ring'...

We'll see, soon enough. But, that is what I am leaning towards:

Gandalf the Grey

:rock

Gandalf went to Minas Tirith to read Isildur's scroll although he wasn't part of the Fellowship at the time. All the other members were at Parth Galen which is part of the Kingdom of Men so really it could be any one of them. The clue also never said anything about the member of the Fellowship being in FotR clothing so it could be a Gondorian Pippin. :horror :D The clue also never said the Fellowship member was part of the Fellowship when returning to the Kingdom of Men so it actually could be Gandalf. :wacky I hope that narrows it down. :p

I'm really hoping it's Boromir next. I'm still happy with GtG but I have too many of him already in other formats so I don't mind waiting.

tomandshell said:
I just took that comment to mean that a new figure was coming to us. We're the "kingdom of men"--a character is coming from Middle Earth to our neck of the woods.

I'm surprised that you've been the only one to read the hint this way--I totally agree. So, to me, all the hint is really saying is that its a member of the fellowship.

Hope its Gandalf.

--Chris

The "kingdom of men" could just mean the "real" world, so it could be just that it's a Fellowship member and nothing else. SSC hints tend to be more simplistic than we usually think.

I'm assuming it's not a hobbit or dwarf, so that leaves...

Boromir

Gandalf

Well, I guess we're guessing along the right road at least.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but there are no hobbit or dwarf bodies yet so that eliminated 5 members of the Fellowship. We already have 2 members. That leaves 2 members. Either Gandalf or Boromir.

puppet pusher said:
I'm surprised that you've been the only one to read the hint this way--I totally agree. So, to me, all the hint is really saying is that its a member of the fellowship.

Hope its Gandalf.

--Chris

I'm also thinking the kingdom of men is just us Sideshow collectors.

But "Fellowship" could mean the actual group...or it could mean the first movie...these Sideshow hints aren't clues, they're torments!

I actually think it should be Gandalf the Grey just to show NECA how it's done. :rolleyes:

There are now two threads discussing this -- the other one's the "podcast" thread.

But as Agent23's post above reminds us, "Fellowship" isn't just the core band of travelers...it's the name of the first book and film. So we may have figured out less than we think. :confused:

I would say it's probably either Gandalf the Grey or Boromir. I would rather it be Boromir, but then again I'm just a fan of that character. That said, if and when they make Boromir I would like to see the exclusive be either the Fellowship cloak or the cloven horn/arrow idea.

As for Gandalf, I'll still get him... but I still like the White better. Just a cooler costume, much better in my opinion.

I would wonder if Boromir's horn might be too crucial to the character to be the exclusive. I imagine a lot of people might like to pose him with the horn, it being important in the big fight scene and all. And he wore that horn all the frickin' time. The figure would look a bit naked without it, IMO.

It will be Gandalf, all the characters that have appeared are of different races, uruk-hai, human, hobbit and elf s i think thenext will be Gandalf:D

Gandalf is my guess, though, Boromir would be cool too............whatever it is, I'm sure it's going to be awesome, like usuall!!!!

Back